PDA

View Full Version : Lua say links

provocating
09-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Are Lua say links completely implemented? I read through the Lua documentation on Git but for the life of me I cannot get say links working. Other functions I tried worked fine though Lua, just not say links. I also looked though the converted Quests and could not find any examples of Saylinks in those.

Robregen
09-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I haven't tried this yet. but there is a documentation on saylink in git wiki.

Void say_link(String phrase, Boolean silent, String link_name);

This is listed as a general functions so it would have be eq.say_link("something",0, "say something"); or something like that. You'll just have to experiment with it. If you get it working. Post it on here so other can see to use as example.

provocating
09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
I tried every combination I can think of, other things in the same class seem to work like depop(). I know very little C++ but from looking at the code the existing Perl function returns a link, the Lua one returns void.

An existing one would be something like this in Perl.

my $sl1 = quest::saylink("blessings", 1);
$client->Message(315, "$NPCName says, 'Hail, $name. Have you come for my $sl1");

According to the documentation the Lua on would be like this I think. I cannot see how that would even work, it seems like the Lua implementation would need to return something so you could put it in a say back to the client.

eq.say_link("Hail, $name. Have you come for my %s", 0, "blessings");

It definitely is no big deal, I am tinkering with it though. figuring these things out helps me learn C++ and Lua so something is gained by messing with it.

Robregen
09-23-2013, 03:20 PM
oh I learn that in lua, when you are using a boolean. you have to put it in as false or true instead of 0 or 1.

provocating
09-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I read that in the official docs. I think I tried true/false last night with the same results.

KLS
09-25-2013, 05:01 PM
Lua Say Links were accidentally given an incorrect type. So atm they don't work, I'll put it in with my next set of fixes.

provocating
09-25-2013, 05:04 PM
No worry, I thought that was what happened. Your C++ Kung Fu is greater than mine by far.