PDA

View Full Version : Qglobals & Level increases

Maceblade
10-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I know I kinda asked before but I am about to re-roll my server so I want this to be working before it goes live. Can anyone explain to me exactly how to set the Qglobals and maxlevel limits?

it was like no matter what i set my qglobals level limit to they could always level past it as long as my "max level via attainable exp" was set higher.

So I guess I need someone with a lot of patience to explain it better to me haha, thanks in advance!

Akkadius
10-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I know I kinda asked before but I am about to re-roll my server so I want this to be working before it goes live. Can anyone explain to me exactly how to set the Qglobals and maxlevel limits?

it was like no matter what i set my qglobals level limit to they could always level past it as long as my "max level via attainable exp" was set higher.

So I guess I need someone with a lot of patience to explain it better to me haha, thanks in advance!

I wrote the code on it so I will just answer it for you.

You have to create a character flag '5' qglobal called 'CharMaxLevel' with the value of the level you want the max level for that particular character. They will not be able to level beyond that level once that is set.

ChaosSlayerZ
10-05-2013, 01:00 PM
If I may ask - this is designed for dynamic level cap for individual players, right? Was there an original post describing this feature in details?
thanks!

Kingly_Krab
10-05-2013, 06:33 PM
I searched and didn't find an original post for the support of this, although I would believe it's for the elasticity of the leveling in the game.

Akkadius
10-07-2013, 07:54 PM
It is in the changelog.txt from almost a year ago:

Rules Values Character:MaxLevel needs to be set higher than whatever max level you use for this because this is per character.

Example:
templates/global_player.pl
sub EVENT_CONNECT{
### If the Character doesn't have a max level defined, let's define it (Level 70)
if(!$qglobals{"CharMaxLevel"}){ $client->SetGlobal("CharMaxLevel", "70", 5, 'F'); }
}

Let me know if you have questions.

Edit: You need to have rule 'Character:PerCharacterQglobalMaxLevel' set to true