PDA

View Full Version : Numpad keys on Apple Keyboard

Grehg
10-20-2013, 07:52 PM
I searched and searched, but couldn't find any reference to the same problem.

I am recently over from EQMac, I play on a MacBook Pro 2009 using OSX 10.8.5

When trying to map keys for spell casting to the numberpad on my full-size external keyboard, the numbers simply register as the standard number-row.

Has anyone seen this before/know how to get the numpad keys to register properly?

Thanks in advance.

Maze_EQ
10-23-2013, 05:44 AM
Easy solution.

Buy a PC.

Secrets
10-23-2013, 08:14 AM
I searched and searched, but couldn't find any reference to the same problem.

I am recently over from EQMac, I play on a MacBook Pro 2009 using OSX 10.8.5

When trying to map keys for spell casting to the numberpad on my full-size external keyboard, the numbers simply register as the standard number-row.

Has anyone seen this before/know how to get the numpad keys to register properly?

Thanks in advance.

That's quite odd; I have never heard of that but I do not use a Mac. You may want to look into some sort of keypress translation for Mac OSX -> WinAPI, as that is where the issue most likely is.

sorvani
10-23-2013, 10:59 AM
I never use an external keyboard on my MacBook, but how are you playing? Parallels?
Are you using a PC USB keyboard? Or one designed for a Mac? Is your keyboard actually detected correctly in Mac and your vm? Things like that.

Grehg
10-23-2013, 02:24 PM
You may want to look into some sort of keypress translation for Mac OSX -> WinAPI, as that is where the issue most likely is.

This is what I was thinking as well, barring some ridiculously easy option button that I couldn't find.

@Sorvani: I'm using a Wineskin wrap, and it is an Apple full-size external USB keyboard.

I forgot to put "inb4 buy a PC" in my original post. My bad.

vanayr
11-06-2013, 10:42 PM
The issue is Xwindows on the Mac, not Wine or EQ. The calls to the keyboard are unsupported. The issue has been brought up to the Wine devs and a bug report is filed.