PDA

View Full Version : new Vengeful Soloist Progression Server

Furniture
10-22-2013, 04:29 PM
I want to announce the Vengeful Soloist has been rebranded and relaunched as a new solo progression server. It is quite different from the previous iteration. It is currently in the pre-kunark classic era. see eroticeverquest.proboards.com for details

Furniture
10-28-2013, 07:21 PM
In order to celebrate a successful relaunch and one week anniversary, exp bonus in effect until 12AM EST tonight!!!

Furniture
10-29-2013, 12:23 AM
Due to unexpectage outage, exp bonus will last until tommorow morning

purpose
11-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Any news on the server? Forum was deleted and server has been down for a day or so?

Furniture
11-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Purpose, I forgot about your PM. It looks like your trying to recreate the server, if you want the old source code still let me know.

Furniture
11-18-2013, 12:39 PM
https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B3_NsMbLcbYWNE5GQVByVE5ybE0

the zone folder has vengeful soloists most current source code

Furniture
11-18-2013, 12:41 PM
progression.sql is the sql file for the last iteration of the database, if you want that too (otherwise the source code for the server is good enough)

sunbeam
11-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey Furniture, the forums are gone now, but I wanted to say thanks for the server.

Your efforts were greatly appreciated, and I had a blast playing on the server.

I was really impressed with how well the changes to the standard EMU seemed to work out for a soloing character, one that wanted to play without bots or boxing.

I'd like to wish you luck with whatever you will be doing, and hope we see you around somewhere as a fellow player, or a dev if you go back to that one day.

Furniture
11-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Thanks a lot, I had a lot of fun deving, but unfortunately I can not run the server anymore. I felt really bad about closing it and wish it didnt end that way. Heres a copy and paste of a private PM that i had wish someone about it:

Originally Posted by Furniture
Ultimately I had to close the server due to my rl schedule and I can not host from my home pc anymore. Several people had offered hosting but each one of them never followed through and disappeared at the last minute. I was also unsuccessful in finding a reliable second developer. Believe me I didn't want to shut it down but I can no longer stay active. If you plan on running the server publicly I'm sure everyone would be thrilled.

The server is still in tact, characters and all, so if anyone wants to take over let me know. I am officially retired from eqemu for a while. If anybody would like to run the server either privately for themselves or publicly for everyone else I am more then happy to help anyone set it up. This includes the old style server up to GoD that we had or the classic progression server. I had a great time in the past many months and I want to thank every player who played on the server. Maybe in the future I'll be able to return. Best of luck to all of you

Maze_EQ
11-20-2013, 09:18 AM
I'll go ahead and throw it up in it's current state, just gotta give me a day or two.

Furniture
11-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Very nice, I havent uploaded the scripts for the buff bot npcs, the scripts charged platinum for each buff/port, i will do it tonight unless you wanted to use your own

masteryam
11-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Whats going on with this server then? I was enjoying playing here, i had only just started.

Tatsumaru
16 monk

Furniture
11-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Server is still in limbo until anyone wants to pick it up, I've gotten some messages about players wanting to run it privately for themselves. I plan to very soon add to my google drive more files from the server as well as the compiled binaries

Maze_EQ
11-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Go ahead and post the files, I've been super busy with work and haven't gotten around to it.

masteryam
11-27-2013, 10:51 AM
If you put up the link to the files ill probably play it privately unless you are going to host it maze, if you do host it thanks alot :)

Maze_EQ
11-27-2013, 11:59 AM
If you put up the link to the files ill probably play it privately unless you are going to host it maze, if you do host it thanks alot :)

I will host it once I get 10 minutes to myself.

I support the entirety of Europe at work, and they don't have "Thanksgiving".

I'll probably do it today, once I get home I'll setup the required stuff, as I don't even have MYSQL on my server anymore.

It'll get done.

I won't be administrating this, as I don't know what furniture has done in the source/content wise. If he has a full plan to share I'll likely develop, or just end up going my own way.

Thanks.

Furniture
11-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Will upload everything tonight.

Source is where the meat of the server is, a lot of custom bonuses added. You can technically use any database, just need to set all mob min_hits to 1 to allow the ac bonus to work properly although it is easier to use mine. both the zone folder from source and database (with all the old characters/accounts/mob stats are already uploaded.

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B3_NsMbLcbYWNE5GQVByVE5ybE0

masteryam
12-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Ive noticed a server called classic Eq with a twist. Is this anything to do with vengeful soloist?

Furniture
12-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Due to an error on my part when I was creating that last backup to post, it looks like I lost all the character data.

2 months away from the server and school semester ending has me feeling refreshed and I've decided that I am going to restore the server.

Any old players who want to play on it again I will work with you to recreate your character and gear etc. so you can continue from where you left off.

I plan to heavily alter the database to have only era appropriate mobs and items. I also plan to work a lot on end game balance. We will start back in classic again.

This time we will for sure have a second backup plan because I know i will need another break some time in the future. Donations for server costs might be necessary at some point.

Spellfile located here: https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B3_NsMbLcbYWNE5GQVByVE5ybE0

I am working to get the forums restored and it is looking likely, but im not sure when.

Server will be up in a few minutes.

Furniture
12-09-2013, 12:36 AM
Update: The Vengeful Soloist forum will be restored tomorrow according to proboards.

address is: eroticeverquest.proboards.com

masteryam
12-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Oh yay, thats great :)
I look forward to playing on the server again.

Thanks!
Tatsumaru

Furniture
12-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Forums have been restored, check out http://eroticeverquest.proboards.com

I am also looking for a second GM or developer, if interested in either position please let me know!

Furniture
01-01-2014, 05:56 PM
We've released kunark, come give our solo server a try!

sunbeam
01-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Furn, I played Gonna and a couple other guys on your server.

I posted a thread there that Spedunkle moved. I sent you a message about it.

Now there is no point in having a dialogue, I am not getting involved with any silly crap involving personalities or petty disputes over an imaginary thing like a game.

I can play on another server, or not play at all.

But I do want to know if you saw my message. WTF isn't true about it? What's controversial? Beats me.

So confirm that you saw my message please. If you have, then good luck cause I doubt we run into one another again.

Furniture
01-12-2014, 02:12 PM
I just woke up to your PM on our forums and replied. I don't know what you posted and I can't see it anymore, so I'm not really sure what happened or what was said. Anyway as I just wrote to you, I value you as a player on my server and I'd hate to see you go.

The only thing I can think is that you had an issue with Velious being open? Spedunkle isnt even on right now so I havent got the chance to talk to him yet. If you had an issue I'd really appreciate if you would PM me and let me know what the problem is.

Anyway, drama aside, Velious is now open and we've successfully reverted VP, CT, Nurga, and droga back to their pre revamp states. Work on Velious has began while players are slaying giants and dragons. Come join us!