PDA

View Full Version : Chaotic Nightmare

Sendoste
10-23-2013, 05:42 PM
I want to be one to bring this server to light on these forums. I do not own this server nor am I a developer on this server. Just a player.

Chaotic Nightmare
- Max level 85.
- All gear is ALL/ALL
- You may learn all spells.
- Gear has received a stat boost.
- All the zones are originals, no custom content is there. Yet.

There is one class, the Soldier. Since the gear is all/all, and you can learn all spells, you essentially create your own class.

This is just what I know so far, I'll keep you posted as to what I learn.

Secrets
10-23-2013, 11:38 PM
I've always been a fan of these types of servers that 'break the mold'. I will be checking this out for sure.

MysteryNRW
10-24-2013, 08:54 AM
zip file would be nice dont like those torrent downloads

kylekurth
10-24-2013, 10:00 AM
It is a fun server! :D

atrayas
10-24-2013, 02:13 PM
fun so far, but my character got stuck n highkeep lol, waiting for a gm to log on to pull me out.

nenelan
10-24-2013, 06:55 PM
To the GM: Open more dynamics when you can. =)

Jahar_LoA
10-25-2013, 12:30 AM
I will pass on the message.

Thorkinal
10-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Only 4 Zones allowed open atm, cant even leave pok, please fix!!!

kylekurth
10-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Been down for a bit now. Anyone know who the GM is so we can get it back up?

Nerdgasm
10-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Far as I know it's being transferred to a different, 'GM' so to speak. It will be up... whenever the transfer is complete.

shinichiro
11-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Hammer of Holy Vengeance

shinichiro
11-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Hammer of Holy Vengeance
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=25354
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=8414
proc with 150 - 32000 point group heal..
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spelllist.html?searchtext=hand+of+holy
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=83615
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=101243

easy play[/QUOTE]

boweq
11-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Any idea if theres a T3 planned?

Jahar_LoA
11-09-2013, 03:01 AM
Yes, T3 is planned.

boweq
11-10-2013, 03:54 PM
serverdown?

any idea whenits back upp?

Sendoste
11-11-2013, 06:37 PM
A note from the DEV.

Not going to be able to host Chaotic Nightmare anymore. The massive zone pulls people do lag my CPU way down and when a second or third zone have the same thing happen my comp ends up crashing because it cant handle the calculations for several hundreds of mobs pulled across different zones.

Maze_EQ
11-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Admin PM me please.

dizzyd
11-11-2013, 09:45 PM
this server was great...they had a great idear going, and it was a challenge. its too bad its here then gone that quick.

boweq
11-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Gutting,

i was getting hooked on this server,

Secrets
11-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Putting up a clone of this server, without the inflated stats and a few changes.

Features...
-Base character class is Ranger so DW works out of the box with no skillcap file while still having the ability to have mana.
-All base stats for all races are 100. Race stat penalty removed.
-The server will be original<->PoP in terms of content and NPC layout. No progression, just simply there.
-Custom Content will be designed around classic <-> Planes of Power at first.
-EXP is very slow (0.1 less than PEQ) but that's because I'd rather see people enjoy the gameplay.
-Rested state triggers after 12 seconds of no combat. 6% per tick is added as rested
-Base HP/Mana/Endur regen is 25% higher than normal.
-Skills increase at double the rate they normally increase.
-Runspeed doubled for both players and NPCs.

On todo list...
-Make stats have a more direct impact. INT should directly increase spell damage to counter the fact that everyone relies on WIS for maximum mana.
-CHA should directly affect pet damage, health, and AC of pets as a flat modifier to give incentives for stacking CHA other than enchanter/bard spells.

Other than that...
It's on the list as "The Chaotic Edge" at the very top of the white servers.
Spellfile: http://tinyurl.com/eqexperiment

boweq
11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Server up secrets?

cant find it anywhere lol

Maze_EQ
11-13-2013, 12:13 PM
I doubt it, posted 9 hours ago.

Ozium
11-13-2013, 02:54 PM
thanks Secrets looking forward to it

Secrets
11-14-2013, 08:12 AM
Gotta get it set up on some sort of hosting, will be a few.

Secrets
11-14-2013, 09:23 AM
And it's back up on dedicated hosting this time :)

Maze_EQ
11-14-2013, 09:34 AM
A suggestion would be to make general AA's.

Ranger aa's suck, except headshot, i like headshot

Secrets
11-14-2013, 09:44 AM
A suggestion would be to make general AA's.

Ranger aa's suck, except headshot, i like headshot

Changelog:
-Fixed 'invalid proc' message
-Set 2 character per IP limit
-Upped the EXP a bit
-Made all languages < 100 able to be read
-Made all AAs usable by all classes.

Ozium
11-14-2013, 12:09 PM
frog & kitty locked?

Secrets
11-14-2013, 12:55 PM
frog & kitty locked?

I'll get them unlocked soon(ish)

Ozium
11-14-2013, 04:02 PM
bug report:

north qey seems to be missing skeli mobs.

qey hills missing tons of mobs.

blackburrow is getting assist agro from below on entrance level, and few of the mobs there seem to be changed from normal peq.

Secrets
11-14-2013, 06:00 PM
bug report:

north qey seems to be missing skeli mobs.

qey hills missing tons of mobs.

blackburrow is getting assist agro from below on entrance level, and few of the mobs there seem to be changed from normal peq.

Not looking for bug reports at this time related to content; I may just use standard PEQ instead but we will see.

MysteryNRW
11-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Hp/Mana regen increase plz and if possible add some custom loot

Ozium
11-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Not looking for bug reports at this time related to content; I may just use standard PEQ instead but we will see.

please do as all dungeons have crazy agro atm making them unplayable, was the merge what caused the strangeness ? or just bozo core that you used???

few complaining about things like no custom loot or slow regen rate, but i have no problem with it.

Secrets
11-15-2013, 05:09 AM
please do as all dungeons have crazy agro atm making them unplayable, was the merge what caused the strangeness ? or just bozo core that you used???

few complaining about things like no custom loot or slow regen rate, but i have no problem with it.

Going to up the regeneration rate (200% in-combat and rested being a 6 second timer with 15% per tick) and re-do the database so everything works properly.

Secrets
11-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Changes:
-Database and Quests updated to latest PEQ
-All PEQ zones and races enabled as well
-'Chaotic'-ified the PEQ database. (all/all on everything.)
-Added the server map files, they were missing, don't know how i missed that.
-Balanced the spell levels. You can now only scribe spells you have an appropriate level for.
-Increased OOC regen to 15% with a 6-second timer before it kicks in.

New spellfile, skillcaps, and basedata:
http://tinyurl.com/edgenov14

blurman2000
11-15-2013, 09:52 AM
The server seems to be kicking us out back to login screen for some reason.
Anyone else able to log in?

Pdizzle
11-15-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm able to get in.

However, I've noticed a couple issues.

1) Some spells aren't correct in the level we're allowed to use them. Greater Healing says level 57 when I try to scribe it. I"m guessing it checks for what level a ranger can use the spell.

2) I'm not sure if this will be the case for other zones, but zoning into South Felwithe just puts me back into Gfay.

Pdizzle
11-15-2013, 10:18 AM
More info on #3 above. It's not just Ranger spells. Alacrity requires level 60. Also, when you try to scribe a spell that's too high it seems to freeze my client forcing me to relog.

Pdizzle
11-15-2013, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know if tradeskills work?

Maze_EQ
11-16-2013, 10:49 AM
........Dat awkward moment when all my inventory was wiped....fawkkkkkkkkkk

Pdizzle
11-16-2013, 10:33 PM
For starters, I like the concept of this server. I have over 20 hours of play on it (90% or so of leveling), but I think the exp is too slow. I know the server is new, but I've seen quite a few people come and go since the opening. I was fortunate enough to be able to take advantage of using high level spells in the first day to get to almost level 30. Since then, I've only made it to 41. Seeing it slow down in the 40s, knowing that I still have to get to 85 plus a TON of AA's in order to be able to even try the high-end content is a bit overwhelming. All the while knowing that even once I get 85 and full AA's, I might not even be able to handle the high-end content solo.

I (I'm sure we) really appreciate you taking the server, but the fact that there were more people online in it's previous rendition probably means I'm not alone in my opinion. I've personally seen quite a few of the higher level folk log back in after you changed the spell level, to not log back in after trying for a bit. I like your concept of live item stats and AA's better due to the fact that the previous version was too easy once I maxed out one AA, but the commitment to get to the point of just trying high-end content is really high.

Anyway, I thought you might want some feedback from someone who has played a good bit on your server. Thanks!

Secrets
11-17-2013, 12:03 PM
For starters, I like the concept of this server. I have over 20 hours of play on it (90% or so of leveling), but I think the exp is too slow. I know the server is new, but I've seen quite a few people come and go since the opening. I was fortunate enough to be able to take advantage of using high level spells in the first day to get to almost level 30. Since then, I've only made it to 41. Seeing it slow down in the 40s, knowing that I still have to get to 85 plus a TON of AA's in order to be able to even try the high-end content is a bit overwhelming. All the while knowing that even once I get 85 and full AA's, I might not even be able to handle the high-end content solo.

I (I'm sure we) really appreciate you taking the server, but the fact that there were more people online in it's previous rendition probably means I'm not alone in my opinion. I've personally seen quite a few of the higher level folk log back in after you changed the spell level, to not log back in after trying for a bit. I like your concept of live item stats and AA's better due to the fact that the previous version was too easy once I maxed out one AA, but the commitment to get to the point of just trying high-end content is really high.

Anyway, I thought you might want some feedback from someone who has played a good bit on your server. Thanks!

I agree. I'll be raising the exp to triple the amount it is now.

Pdizzle
11-17-2013, 01:33 PM
I agree. I'll be raising the exp to triple the amount it is now.

Thanks, Secrets! I'm looking forward to the change.

xlqyppp
11-18-2013, 08:54 AM
cant train my skills from guildmasters now,the guildmasters only offer language skills now? so my 37 ranger missed double attack and riposite,is it bugged?

btw: the exp rate is fine to me ,start as a mag+wiz is much easier.

Secrets
11-18-2013, 09:14 AM
cant train my skills from guildmasters now,the guildmasters only offer language skills now? so my 37 ranger missed double attack and riposite,is it bugged?

btw: the exp rate is fine to me ,start as a mag+wiz is much easier.

Which client are you on?

xlqyppp
11-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Which client are you on?

underfoot,x
i tried with my titanium client ,got the same problem ~

RStefan01
11-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Same issue here on UF/HoT hybrid, using files from the motd.

Rez popup also doesn't go away when you respawn at bind.

Kingly_Krab
11-18-2013, 10:07 PM

The resurrection-hover window is broken, this is a known issue. I would recommend disabling this window, if you click 'Respawn' again once you re-spawn your client will be useless; therefore, you won't be able to click on anything.

Pdizzle
11-18-2013, 10:59 PM

Something has definitely happened to the ranger GM. I had no issues using him before yesterday, but now I get the same issue as others have stated.

Also, for the res window...you can just hit ESC and it'll go away.

blurman2000
11-19-2013, 11:51 AM
The server is now gone.

Not even on the down list too.

Just when I was planning to determine where to go in my 20s....

*sigh*

Secrets
11-19-2013, 11:53 AM
The server is now gone.

Not even on the down list too.

Just when I was planning to determine where to go in my 20s....

*sigh*

Looking into why it's down. will be a bit.

blurman2000
11-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Any chance of a fix on our abilities?
Duel wield, dodge, parry and the whole lot isn't working
Ranger GM doesn't have any of our abilities to train

RStefan01
11-22-2013, 01:07 PM
The problem is most likely that the level cap is set higher than the existing skill caps allow for. Either they'd have to be added or the level cap lowered.

Pdizzle
11-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Just to keep you posted since I'm possibly the highest level on the server. I stopped playing once I hit 55 and a few AA's. Personally, I think the exp is still far too low for the difficulty and number of AA's for the server. My current take on the exp rate would be:

1-40: The previous exp rate felt about right

40-55: The current exp rate feels about right

55-??: The current rate might not be bad depending on whether it stays the same through the remaining levels

AA rate: My thought is this needs to be increased a LOT to help offset the difficulty

* The above opinion makes the assumption that people can complete the content once they have all their AA's and reach the level that most high end trash mobs are green con

To give you an example, at level 55 fighting dark blues in POI I get a touch less than 1 blue bubble per kill and each kill takes about 2.5 minutes. This is with the level 54 BL pet and several good buffs (including the 53 pet haste). With resting and constant fighting we're talking between 1 to 2 hours of fighting for 1 level (at 55). Also, one AA will take about the same amount of time at level 55. This technically isn't too bad, except for the fact that the server uses live difficulty. Due to this, the only way for 1 or 2 people to have a chance at completing the content would be for them to spend an insane amount of time getting tons of AA's and as high in level as possible.

Out of respect for you taking the server over, I thought I'd give you my feedback since I spent a lot of time on it. I still really like the concept, but I personally can't invest the amount of time it would take to stand a chance at the high end based on the current exp rate.

Thanks again, Secrets!

blurman2000
11-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Would boosting the item stats help some?
Or reducing damage/hps on NPCs make a difference.
Anyway, I'll wait till Secrets explains what he has in mind for the server.

I'm still in my 20's as I was exploring spells and ports and where to go but my DPS is kinda poor at the moment.

Pdizzle
11-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Would boosting the item stats help some?
Or reducing damage/hps on NPCs make a difference.
Anyway, I'll wait till Secrets explains what he has in mind for the server.

I'm still in my 20's as I was exploring spells and ports and where to go but my DPS is kinda poor at the moment.

I believe his vision is to keep stats and mobs in their "live" state due to difficulty in balancing when you start tweaking those parameters. To offset this, he let us use every AA and raised the level cap to 100. This is all good in theory, but with the current exp rate it will take an enormous amount of time to get all AA's and stretch your char to a very high level since mobs will eventually turn green.

Davood
11-23-2013, 12:57 PM
........Dat awkward moment when all my inventory was wiped....fawkkkkkkkkkk

gooby pls
unkl dolan iz hapy