PDA

View Full Version : Hail button not working

xie323
02-18-2014, 07:58 PM
The hail button is not working for me, the npcs are not responding to it nor do I get any quests

The maps(C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\Maps) files are all in the right place, so are the quest files(C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\quests instead of C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\quests\quests) I also copied the plugins in quests into C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\plugins. I followed the server setup walkthrough mostly. What did I do wrong?

BTW I have 32-bit version of ActiveState Perl 5.12.3 installed.

dagulus2
02-19-2014, 05:41 AM
Is it all npc that are not working or just the ones in old world starting cities?

If so, you may need to look at enabling Lua.

xie323
02-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Is it all npc that are not working or just the ones in old world starting cities?

If so, you may need to look at enabling Lua.

Link to tutorial to enable lua please? And it seem to be all npcs.

dagulus2
02-19-2014, 08:52 AM
I am not sure a tutorial exists.

If its all NPCs then that is not the issue anyway.

Where did you source your quests?

xie323
02-19-2014, 09:00 AM
I am not sure a tutorial exists.

If its all NPCs then that is not the issue anyway.

Where did you source your quests?

What do you mean by source? If it means where I put it I already specified I put it in the correct folders(C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\quests instead of C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\quests\quests). Also I hailed many npc but did not get any response so I guess it applies to all npcs.

dagulus2
02-19-2014, 09:02 AM
What do you mean by source?

I mean where did you get them from? Peq?

xie323
02-19-2014, 09:11 AM
I mean where did you get them from? Peq?

Yes I did an svn checkout from there. I got the db from github.

trevius
02-19-2014, 02:42 PM
When you say that the Hail button is not working, do you mean you are pressing the "h" key on your keyboard, or do you have a button on your bar named "Hail" and you are clicking it?

When you press "h" on your keyboard, do you see a message in chat that says something like "You say "Hail, NPCName""? If not, have you remapped your hail key in your options? If you are clicking a button named "Hail", it may be that the problem is with the button itself. If it is a hotkey button, you may need to make sure it has the /hail command line in it. If it is a predefined button that comes with EQ (I don't recall offhand for sure), then it may be that the button does something other than what the "h" key does and the button is not supported in EQEmu.

If you do see the hail message in your chat window, then the issue is probably something else with your server setup. You should be able to verify this easily by logging onto another server and doing the exact same thing you are doing on your own server and see if you get the same results or not.

xie323
02-19-2014, 03:56 PM
When you say that the Hail button is not working, do you mean you are pressing the "h" key on your keyboard, or do you have a button on your bar named "Hail" and you are clicking it?

When you press "h" on your keyboard, do you see a message in chat that says something like "You say "Hail, NPCName""? If not, have you remapped your hail key in your options? If you are clicking a button named "Hail", it may be that the problem is with the button itself. If it is a hotkey button, you may need to make sure it has the /hail command line in it. If it is a predefined button that comes with EQ (I don't recall offhand for sure), then it may be that the button does something other than what the "h" key does and the button is not supported in EQEmu.

If you do see the hail message in your chat window, then the issue is probably something else with your server setup. You should be able to verify this easily by logging onto another server and doing the exact same thing you are doing on your own server and see if you get the same results or not.

I do see a message when i press hail key or h key. It may be that I start with the tutorial quest and I do not have the quest trigger needed to talk to Arias for instance so it could be that too. Through in some instances in other servers when I use h key I do get a hail message but no quest text but in others it does happen. This does not happen in my server through so it might be a server setup problem. However what could it be because as I stated, the files are all arranged properly if you read my first post

Uleat
02-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Have you tried anything outside of the tutorial to see if those quests work?

xie323
02-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Have you tried anything outside of the tutorial to see if those quests work?

I did talk to some exterminators, no effect but I myself don't know where is a good place to ask for a quest

Yummy
02-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Link to tutorial to enable lua please? And it seem to be all npcs.

Xie I used the tutorial here https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/PEQ-Setup-using-XAMPP that provides the Lua information. I have not exited the tutorial but /hail and "H" work. My eqemu source was from git not svn.

demonstar55
02-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Something that was mentioned elsewhere is that on EQEmu NPC response range is much shorter than live

roonibrice
02-22-2014, 05:00 AM
Seems this was a problem when I played live too.