PDA

View Full Version : Merc Creation Guide

Cassieze
03-11-2014, 01:24 PM
So since there isn't very much about mercs I decided to make a post on how to add a merc.

I made my merc a Rogue Siren and am using Underfoot client.

1. First make yourself an NPC. Make it class 71.
With just this you will be able to right click your NPC, but the merc screen flashes away instantly and says you are unable to have mercs.
[999275]

2. Go to the Merc_merchant_templates table. There should be a list of 24 or so entries numbered 1 to 24 that have Default (Race) Mercenaries.
Add line [25] and Name it whatever race you want it to be.

3. Go to the Merc_merchant_Entries table. You should have a list of 56. If not just increase the last by 1.
Set the 2nd column (Merc_merchant_template_id) to the number you used in step 2. [25]
Set the 3rd column (Merchant_id) to your npcid you made in step 1. [999275]

4. Go to the Merc_types table. Add a line to merc_type_id [49].
Pick your race. I have not tested non global races in other zones, but I would stick to them for simplicity for now. [564]
Set proficiency to 2. Leave db string alone for now.
Client version 4

5. Go to the Merc_Subtypes table. Add a line to merc_subtype_id [21]
Choose your class 1-war 2-clr 3-pal 4-rng 5-sk 6-dru 7-mnk 8-brd 9-rog 10-shm 11-nec 12-wiz 13-mag 14-enc 15-bst 16-ber
I chose rogue [9] because it seemed simple and I didn't really have to play around with spells.
Choose tier [5] and confidence [3]

6. Go to the Merc_npc_types table.
Add a new line [41] make proficiency also 2.
Put the Tier and class you used in step 5 into the next 2 columns.
The name can really be whatever.

7. Go to the Merc_templates table.
Add a new line [554] then input the merc type id from step 4 [49],
the merc subtype id from step 5 [21],
the merc npc type id from step 6 [41].
Name type 1. Client version 4.

8. Go to dbstr_us.txt in your everquest directory. What shows up in the merc log is client side, so you will have to provide your users with this update. You will add 2 lines. I used line 555555 because it is easy to remember and wasn't taken.

555555^22^Tier V
555555^23^Race:Siren<br>Type: Damage<br>Confidence: High<br>Proficiency: Awesome, Tier V<br><br>Description: The mercenary you will be assigned is as deadly as she is beautiful. Do not expect anything but the best from her.

You can write whatever you like in the description, but I kept everything else pretty much in line with the tables.

Go to step 4 and step 7 and add the dbstr you just created [555555]
Merc_Types and Merc_Templates

9. Go to the merc_merchant_template_entries table.
Add a line [554] - should be the same as the Merc Template Id you created
Put in the merc merchant template id from step 2.
Put in the Merc Template Id from step 8.

10. Go to the Merc_weaponinfo table.
*This is cosmetic only
Add a line [61] to the id column.
Input your npc type id from step 6 [41]
Set the levels you want the weapon set to appear from.
Min lvl 1 Max lvl 255
d_meele_texture1 and d_meele_texture2 (someone fix those names!!) are the weapons in your mercenaries primary and secondary hands.
These use the IT Numbers ex) 10747 is SK epic 2.0
You can test these on the npc you created before by doing #npcedit wep1 10747.
I gave my siren daggers so both of these are [11041]. The melee types are what type of damage the mercenary will do with that particular weapon.
0-1HB 1-1HS 2-2HB 3-2HS 28-H2H 36-Piercing 41-Singing (I don't think it will work but is worth mentioning haha)

11. Go to the Merc_stats table.
Okay, this one is either the most difficult or most time consuming of all the tables so far. I was able to copy rows 1-85 and export them to excel, change some stuff and import them back into Navicat.
Most of the numbers in the table are pretty intuitive. Attack speed is faster the more negative it goes - don't make over -100
I tripled the dmg and atk speed, doubled the atk, made runspeed 1.8 and doubled hp. At lvl 30 in mistmoore she demolishes everything in less than a second.

12. Go to merc_armorinfo table.
Add a new line. [41] should be the same as merc_npc_typ_id in next column.
min/max = 1/255
Texture 0= naked 1=leather 2=chain 3=plate
For monsters make sure the helm texture is the same as the texture.
Gender is based off merchant npc except in monster races

13. the Merc_inventory table is for focus effect such as improved damage improved healing spellcast etc.

14. Enjoy, hope this helped :)

moofta
03-12-2014, 03:50 AM
Great guidew, thanks. This might be one for the peq database editor although I suppose since they're only up to GoD it won't be high on their list!