PDA

View Full Version : Fires of Heaven

Cfuson
04-13-2014, 08:58 PM
Hey guys, i recently found out about this little gem called Fires of Heaven. Its a progression server that unlocks content as the playerbase kills the progression targets. Ill list below some of the features of the server and hope you decide to join us.

Server Progression - Live or Die Together.

X1 Exp Rates - No getting to max level in 1 sitting here, gotta work for it.

Boxing Unlimited - This may change down the road. I personally would like to see a 2 box cap.

Live Like Raid Bosses - Bosses that Require Decently Geared Players.

Newbie Armor Quests - Activated In Game.

Mercenaries - Work and are in every home town.

NO DROP TAG REMOVED - EVERYTHING IS TRADEABLE.

If your looking for a progression server that wont cap out on content by the end of the week, look no further. Anyone interested can check out the website below or join us in game.

http://fohemu.com/

Jyre, Level 14th Cleric on Fires of Heaven Emulator.

vishnu
04-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Thanks for posting about the server! I was going to hold off until they fixed the worldserver access so that I could change it from showing up as world of warquest in the server list. Alas, it is up and running so feel free to check it out.

jabedoben
04-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Good idea. It's a shame most of these servers never get enough community to make them work.

Nerdgasm
04-14-2014, 07:29 PM
You know it was funny, I was setting up a Warcraft type Everquest server a while ago, named World of Evercraft.... Hahahaha....

Adol77
04-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Stuck in a zoning loop from Neriak to Nektulos.

vishnu
04-14-2014, 07:47 PM
You know it was funny, I was setting up a Warcraft type Everquest server a while ago, named World of Evercraft.... Hahahaha....

Lol.. great minds? :)

Stuck in a zoning loop from Neriak to Nektulos.

Did you rename the nektulos.eqg in your everquest directory? I'm using the old Nektulos zone so you have to rename it to something else. Otherwise the other zones should work. I know RoF is missing of the old zone files too, so if you have the files on another client you will need to copy them over.

Adol77
04-14-2014, 07:48 PM
using old nek

vishnu
04-14-2014, 08:32 PM
using old nek

Oops, it was a server issue. going to reboot here in 5 min and it should work. thanks for pointing that out!

Ozium
04-15-2014, 07:07 PM
submitting name for approval ... /sigh killed task and char is there but start in CR does auto port to Arena.

and porting is wayyy sloooowwwww

vishnu
04-15-2014, 09:16 PM
submitting name for approval ... /sigh killed task and char is there but start in CR does auto port to Arena.

and porting is wayyy sloooowwwww

since only classic is unlocked, if you pick any race/class combo that was not available in classic you will get booted to the area. pick another race/class and try it again.

Maze_EQ
04-16-2014, 05:50 AM
why not just disable them in the DB?

vishnu
04-16-2014, 08:18 AM
why not just disable them in the DB?

I have it all automated based on expansion unlocking, so that would defeat the purpose

Maze_EQ
04-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Actually you can still do the same using scripts in the database.

But meh, half ass workarounds are cool too.

vishnu
04-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Actually you can still do the same using scripts in the database.

But meh, half ass workarounds are cool too.

That's a good idea, I'll see about getting that implemented. Thank you for the suggestion!

Traul
04-16-2014, 04:23 PM
edit: nvm!

Maze_EQ
04-17-2014, 05:45 AM
Vishnu.

If you have any questions, or need help, PM me I'll do my best.

vishnu
04-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Vishnu.

If you have any questions, or need help, PM me I'll do my best.

Thank you, I'll have to take you up on that.

Picaro11
04-19-2014, 07:48 AM
Merc merchants not working in oggok freeport either. Tried right clicking them and nothing.

Another question. What if lets say I play on this server and not enough other people do, how am I supposed to finish off my epic quests for my characters?

The server will not have progressed anyway and i wont have good enough gear with my 2 box to compensate for the player shortfall.

vishnu
04-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Merc merchants not working in oggok freeport either. Tried right clicking them and nothing.

if nothing happens when you right-click, you have a problem on the client-side. Try another client or a dfferent version of a client. UF/HoT and RoF clients are working. Titanium will not work. custom dbstr_us.txt files have been known to cause issues with mercs as well.

What if lets say I play on this server and not enough other people do, how am I supposed to finish off my epic quests for my characters?

The server will not have progressed anyway and i wont have good enough gear with my 2 box to compensate for the player shortfall.

Right now the encounters required to progress the server to the next expansion have been tuned for approximately two full groups of players. If the population of the server remains low to where unlocking of expansions is inhibited, then the next expansion will automatically unlock at 6 month intervals. From a solo standpoint, you can view this server as a time-locked progression server designed for long-term play, with the possibility of faster expansion unlocking in the presence of a larger population base.

Picaro11
04-20-2014, 03:33 AM
The Gnoll Fang quest turn in to Captain Tillin does not seem to be working in North Qeynos. Please advise.

vishnu
04-20-2014, 01:43 PM
The Gnoll Fang quest turn in to Captain Tillin does not seem to be working in North Qeynos. Please advise.

Just confirmed quest working as per http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=544

He is south Qeynos btw.

Picaro11
04-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Is there we can tone down the cost of the mercs? really need them on this server and they are too expensive to keep up with.

Picaro11
04-23-2014, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the server. But not friendly enough. Im out. Good Luck

vishnu
04-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Is there we can tone down the cost of the mercs? really need them on this server and they are too expensive to keep up with.

I'm planning on removing the cost for about a week once I officially open up the server.

Thanks for the server. But not friendly enough. Im out. Good Luck

Sure thing. Hope you had fun while you checked it out.