PDA

View Full Version : new to bots....and i need help....

kamaushi
05-26-2014, 03:15 AM
OK well I'm new to the whole server sided aspect of eq.....and well im got an ant in my pants so i made my self a server and now i want to run a whole bot leveling/raid group and well im looking for a point in the right direction to where i can start coding these guys to work with me and me not having to basically multibox by usings macroed commands so any points tips tricks and help would eb appriciated :)

Uleat
05-26-2014, 08:45 PM
When you used CMake to create a solution file, you will have needed to check bots and compiled with that option.

In addition, you will need to source in 'load_bots.sql' - I believe the peq 'daily dump' now has the updated file..if not, you can find it in the emu git repo sql directory.

Bots do not currently support 'raid' activities. Most, if not all, quests that require group+ client counts currently do not work with bots.

You can still pseudo-raid with multiple bot groups. Just make sure that you set the rule to allow exp for bots not in group, or you will rarely gain since a full bot group
almost always out-dps' a client one.

There are some optional (useful) sql files for bots..but, I would recommend getting your server up and running before applying any of these.

I don't know if there's a wiki page for bot commands..but, they are actually located in '/../zone/bots.cpp' and not in the commands file.
('#bot help' should give you a list of commands)

Two clients can not have bots in the same group. The best way to do this is to have the person with bots form the group, then add any clients.

I do not know if client-with-bots group can join up for raids..but, anyone knowledgeable is welcome to provide feedback.

kamaushi
05-27-2014, 12:04 AM
Well my server is running with the exception of some of my turn ins not working in the turtorial.....so i take it that im probably going to run in to more trouble but other then that everything is working 100%