PDA

View Full Version : Leetsauce server likings...

Tibia
06-03-2014, 01:23 PM
This server is pretty good in my aspect of likings. So far it has quite a bit of custom content where you can solo or even box uncontrollable amounts. There is full custom MQ2 support, including warp/speed hacks. I've been watching this server for a while and it has been above 40-50+ population. I would highly recommend this server to Green status! Tell me what you guys think! Would be great to see it their! :D

Skittz1
06-03-2014, 01:41 PM
I started playing here a week or so ago myself. I agree completely with Tibia; there is a very strong and active community here, as well as some of the most active GMs on any server I've ever played on - the staff is extremely helpful. I'm really enjoying my time here and have yet to run out of things to work on. Keep up the good work guys!

Kreacher
06-03-2014, 01:55 PM
I've been here since a day or two after launch. I'm loving the server. Great community, no drama, great owner/staff. Always something to do and it's very solo friendly. The owner is online everyday and always looking for player feedback and suggestions. This server is definitely one for the greens.

rasher3
06-03-2014, 01:59 PM
I completely agree with Tibia and Skittz1. This server should be moved to Green status. I have been playing on this server for awhile now. My character is Regitor a lvl 80 Monk, and after playing on many different servers I do have to say this one has been my all time favorite one. I dont see myself playing on another server anytime soon.

carebear81
06-03-2014, 03:35 PM
The server gets regular care and has players from Euro and across the US. There's always someone on and custom vendors for every play style located throughout the game world. Anyone that's not given it a shot is missing out. Questions never go unanswered for new players. There's always someone to help when you encounter the occasional non-soloable boss. Excellent group of devs and players. It's Dope!

Belial1999
06-04-2014, 09:27 AM
very fun, very cool community. always new content being put in place, or modifications to existing content. keeps everything fresh and lots of new things to do, dev's have definitely far surpassed my expectations. give it a try even if you just wanna log on when your normal server is down or whatever.

- Belial, Emperor of Norrath

jakaleca
06-05-2014, 05:47 AM
There is full custom MQ2 support, including warp/speed hacks.

How is that in any way supportive of the proposition that the LS server is stable, popular, and enduring? It's a question that has to be asked, and answered; and please don't get me wrong, I (and others quite close to me) indeed have very well developed characters there, on Leet's server. It is a fast, fun, "alternative" EQ.

It is something that readers and avid EQEmu players here need to consider, however.

As I recall from early conversations with Rogean a few years ago, those are (or were) the primary criteria for "preferred" server status, and, if I may opine- there are perhaps too many so-called preferred servers already; including some which simply do not deserve to be so, anymore. At least, IF these few said realms in question had to "reapply" for "green" status today, there are a few which simply no longer meet those three rather simple and unambiguous requirements.

I do not wish to be derogatory or overly critical, and do not need to name-names in this regard, but it is blazingly obvious to anyone attempting to be objective about that fact, however uncomfortable it may be. Recall, also, that we've already recently lost a couple of "green" servers to downtime, disarray, or population loss; and some of us spent quite a lot of time on those realms before and after their status changes.

Meanwhile, there are likewise a couple older "standard" servers which are absolutely deserving of strong consideration for promotion, and which have been around for quite awhile now, which are well maintained and which routinely have populations exceeding that of many of the preferred boxes. I am in awe of one fairly recent addition that is amazingly well-run and maintained but underpopulated, given the "hard core" nature of it, and the brutal "old school" feel it has when you try to get your newb to level 2 or 3 there outside of "tutorialb" without LotD! (L0L)

As for the sanctioned use of MQ2, One can certainly understand how code like #stick is beneficial to any player, and I "wish" the emu itself had better /autofollow and pathfinding features built in than SOE's aging retail offering; BUT I am decidedly not a MQ2 or SEQ user, and do not see any need to cheat in games which are well designed and "fair" for everyone (RvR; risk-vs-reward; properly rewarding players who invest their time and effort, and ingenuity and determination ingame; NOT- just "random luck"-- or the use of trainers and cheat programs).

Thanks for reading.

greetings

Tibia
06-05-2014, 10:06 PM
jakaleca: I never asked for your criticism, I'm sorry, I'm trying to get it to green status not have someone like you bring the server and myself down. Please, just stop yourself and don't be a "prick" about it. If you don't like this type of stuff on a server don't comment on something, the post is promoting not declining.

jakaleca
06-06-2014, 12:01 AM
jakaleca: I never asked for your criticism, I'm sorry, I'm trying to get it to green status not have someone like you bring the server and myself down. Please, just stop yourself and don't be a "prick" about it. If you don't like this type of stuff on a server don't comment on something, the post is promoting not declining.

Deal with the question at hand, if you can.

How is leniency on the use of cheat programs conducive to garnering preferred status? This may or may not have ever been an issue in the past; it is something worthy of consideration.

Calling me names rather than considering what I have written is likely going to be counter-productive to your campaign of "positivity."

Leetsauce
06-06-2014, 12:20 AM
He was listing a feature of the server which, in general, most servers do not have, which tends to alienate a certain demographic of players. It may not be conducive to garnering preferred status, but it is certainly a feature worth mentioning to let users of said software know that they are welcome. This DOES indirectly have positive connotations associated with it in the way of popularity. Possibly even stability of the server being discussed.

That said, I appreciate you all making this post on our server's behalf. Our playerbase is awesome, and this post is proof.

As much as I would enjoy having preferred status, it seems we need to demonstrate our ability to achieve the third criteria: enduring. I'm assuming this means longevity of the server, and sustaining the popularity it has. This shouldn't be an issue if we keep picking up new players as I don't plan on bringing this server down ever.

jakaleca
06-06-2014, 12:26 AM
That makes sense, thanks for your reply, Leet. It wasn't something that my gang was aware of when we started playing on your server; creating and leveling up several characters there, months ago when you were first starting out.

Cheers

Leetsauce
06-06-2014, 02:12 AM
I'm glad you played, and I hope you enjoyed while you were playing on my server. As always - it's a work in progress and will only get better the more players we have, and the more voices I hear. Because after all, we're all on the same team. Thank you all again for posting on behalf of Leetsauce Productions.

houdeano
06-06-2014, 04:09 PM
This server is just great. It's so refreshing to play a server, as a non-boxer and not feel left behind. People do box, and Solo play here, and the community is fantastic. The lead GM 'Nightmare' (Leetsauce) is incredibly active, sometimes I wonder if he even sleeps. He also loves to hear suggestions from the community in moving the server forward in the future.

He has also enlisted some brilliant coders and with help from other players of the server they have made this server thrive.

It's not been all plain-sailing for Leetsauce productions. Some point in 2012 he created a server with similar aspects to this one, but unfortunately it did not attract the crowds, but he hasn't prevailed, he's learned from that and built what I think will be a server which is here to stay.

Going 'Green' would be a fantastic achievement for everyone involved in the server. New players are very welcome, many many players will help out, with gear, weapons, flagging as required. It has an active OOC so new players don't be afraid to get to know people!

Personally, I have met some great people, from all over the world, it has a big European contingent, as well as Americas, Asia and Australia. There are healthy numbers playing 24/7. As a European on EQemu, sometimes to find servers with players on during European daytime hours is hard to come by!

It's a server which is really worth spending time on!

If any new player has any questions in game, or on here about the server etc, feel free to message me! /tell Artful in game and I can help you get started!

'The' Artful Dodger
Rogue of Leetsauce

Lokedar
08-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Just wanted to give this server and post a bump.

Been playing on it for maybe a month now and have been having a great time! Community is nice and funny and helpful.

You don't need to play an army to progress but if you want to box you can. Lots duo and do very well.

Thanks for bringing back some EQ joy for me Leet!!

Also a shout out to Revan and Jinrual for taking me under their wing and answering all my questions :P

- Shaku of the guild <The Goonies>

dirtmike
08-11-2014, 11:28 PM
Server being moved to a new machine. Dual NICS, RAID, and additional IPs are some of the features gained after the move. Please note that the website was on the same hardware and is being moved as well.

JimB_1958
08-12-2014, 12:15 AM
How is leniency on the use of cheat programs conducive to garnering preferred status? This may or may not have ever been an issue in the past; it is something worthy of consideration.

cheat
/CHēt/
verb

verb: cheat; 3rd person present: cheats; past tense: cheated; past participle: cheated; gerund or present participle: cheating

To act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination. "she always cheats at cards"

•deceive or trick. "he had cheated her out of everything she had"

noun: cheat; plural noun: cheats
A person who behaves dishonestly in order to gain an advantage.

------------

Since everyone is welcome to use these programs to enhance gameplay, No one is cheating or using cheat programs. It's only cheating if it is against the rules.

That being said... Now that I have played on Leets server, and seen his dedication and how much he cares that we are all enjoying ourselves... I would try any kind of server he decided to do. It's a great server.

-Parlin
Paladin of the Goonies

typenamehere
08-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Was wondering since the website is down, if we can get a length we can expect the server to further be down?

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 08:57 AM
We should be operational this evening. Maintenance is important.

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Also, thanks Parlin! Sorry for double post, but it was worth it. Apologies for downtime!

Tiran
08-12-2014, 12:13 PM
I've played EQemu on and off for a long time, progressed a bit on THF, and EZserver and some others. I keep leaving EQemu for a bit because of work, but more so because the servers themselves are not alive. They may say 200-300 people online but its always 15 characters per 1 person.

The souce is legit, mainly for the activity /ooc wise, and also because the progression/80game is fun. At first I'd wished there was noobie armor in Crushbone/Paludal like the other servers but you gain money and can buy loot from the vendors as you progress.

Whatever, my 2c. Should be green, so people can actually see that people play. I selected it out of the wild one day cause it had over 100 people on.

-Lemonk

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I appreciate the kind words, Lemonk. Glad you're having fun with it. When we bring the server back online I will be giving double xp for a few days to make up for the lost time. Stay tuned!

Zarkiue
08-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Leet's server is legit, great people even better content and it's the only emu server that greed doesn't rule people will give away gear to help a newbie and the /ooc is very active and helpful. You couldn't ask for a better mix of content/players/dev owner. This will be my home until I stop playing Eq for good and let's face it we never stop forever.

bloodeus
08-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Definitely a winner here. Fun times and a great community.

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 03:18 PM
.....and it's the only emu server that greed doesn't rule people

Oddly enough, this seems to be true. As much emphasis as we have on the earning of money, people still do a lot of giving away. I always thought this was an interesting facet of our server, and ended up being something I enjoyed from a developer's standpoint.

I cannot stress enough how appreciative I am of you all posting on behalf of our server. Reading all these nice things has made my day.

Shin Noir
08-12-2014, 03:22 PM
I liked leetsauce for the first 15 mins, but moment I learned warp/speed hacks are OK I just logged out.

It may be the greatest server ever, and I enjoy using MQ for multiboxing, but warping just kills it. If it does get green status, maybe have a note showing that what is normally defined as cheating is allowed. :)

Sorce08
08-12-2014, 04:01 PM
I have been playing EQ and EQEmu for a long time. I have never looked into nor thought about using MQ2, as is the same with my friend that started playing Leet's server with me. He was the same, never thought of looking into it. Once he did, though, and convinced me to give it a try, we quickly agreed that it did not feel like nor should be considered "cheating". As mentioned above, it is only cheating if it is not allowed. If the owner of the server states that every player can use it and it is very easy to get started with because of helpful players, then it is by your own standards considered cheating. The server is based around being able to use MQ2 so why would you think otherwise?

I agree with everyone here on the positive comments. This server is a lot of fun and has held my attention for a while now. I can't say that for most of the games I have been playing. Not to mention, Leet actually takes time to chat with you if you give him a tell concerning issues you may be having. He doesn't direct you to the forums, he tries to help you right then and there. Using /warp isn't everyone's cup of tea, I get that, but your personal opinion of using it should in no way be a reflection of the server itself. Play his server for a while, try using MQ2 as it is being used now and then come post your honest opinion. If you still have a negative opinion then so be it, but at least it would give Leet a fair shake and not some preemptive strike against his server. Keep up the good work, Leet.

Ralpho

bloodeus
08-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Yeah buddy, it is only cheating if it is not allowed on the server, otherwise it is just another feature. Content and progression are tuned to include it so.... not sure what your deal is but ok... each their own or something something.... taking the time to log on and bash a server you didn't even play I mean.... maybe try yoga or something?

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 04:16 PM
I don't think he was bashing, for the record. He's just stating his opinion, and we ALL should be okay with that.

He, and no offense intended to be directed at ANYONE, was doing me a solid. He was telling me something other than what I wanted to hear.

Before I go any further: I consider MQ2 to be an extension of your player. These are additional tools to help you have the most fun whilst playing Everquest. It is in no way required. It's just another feature.

That said, I do not think it would be a fair requirement for a server OP to have to have a disclaimer that "cheating is allowed" as the word "cheating" is relative, and would imply I allow things like item duplication, and things of that nature. Moving a couple extra units on the X and/or Y axis a little quicker than you would otherwise be able is the absolute least of my worries.

XDR
08-12-2014, 05:43 PM
If it wasn't for /warp, people would just be straight up training shit to get where they need to go. I've seen this countless times on live and emu servers over the years, this is better for all in my opinion.

As for the server itself, it's pretty god damn amazing right now. Unless you dig for info, you'll probably spend weeks finding new and cool shit exploring everything.

Leetsauce has and continues to do great things. I don't think there was a night in the past 2 weeks where I was on and didn't see a "Anyone need help with anything?" from him. Dude is on top of this shit, adding content, fixing issues and helping people.

I wouldn't mind some variety to the max level grind though, maybe some zones from the SOF/TSS/TBS eras would be a nice addition?

Shin Noir
08-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Sorry, I was trying to be constructive and give insight like Leetsauce said. I'm not at all trying to insult the server.

EQAwakened allows warping as well. I didn't find this out until I was level 50ish (A few hours in), and had a bad experience where while clearing to Naggy, some guy warped in and just killed it, not even talking to me, so when I arrived, it was dead. When I OOC'd about it, people said warp is allowed and that's likely why it went down like that. So I loaded up warp, and immediately found out that it killed the experience for me.

To each their own, I'm not saying anything negatively, I enjoy MQ and the things it offers to simplify gameplay. Some prefer classic 100%. I'm not a fan of warp, and it's normally not allowed (I can only think of two servers that allow it, leetsauce and eqawakened?).. On second thought, not saying to put the word "cheat", more "warp OK" or something since if it's not clearly noted.. Warping I kind of put in the category of exploiting door/keys/speed/permanent buffs/using skills across zone, which is normally thought of as cheating.. I'm not sure where the line is drawn on leetsauce, but since legit is normally assumed, people may be playing legit while the rest utilize the tricks and causes an unfair advantage until it's realized. (Maybe at least in the server greeter or rules) Always sucks to play on a server to find out everyone else isn't playing the same way. :)

I think on all servers it'd be nice (maybe I should make a wiki page) where there's a simple FAQ. Something like:

Is MQ Allowed?
Is /stick allowed? (mq2melee)
Is AFK killing/looting allowed?
Is /warp allowed?
Are speed hacks allowed?
Is /twist allowed?
Is EQBC allowed (sending messages between clients, I think EZ server discourages this one)
Is there a hub zone?
Is there a teleporter or #zone command?
Is there a gate item?
etc

That's all. Sorry Again.

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 06:13 PM
No apology necessary, bro. We're all on the same team.

If it gave an unfair advantage on my server, I probably wouldn't have allowed it at the start, but since progression is currency based, MQ doesn't really do much for you aside from allowing you to travel quicker. At best you can warp to the other side of the zone in less time than I can #peqzone to my destination. Only the competitive crowd would have a problem with this, but as I do not cater to this particular demographic, MQ use is largely viewed as a feature.

Side bar: I know quite a few people who flat-out do not use MQ on my server, even after being given the green light to do so.

Now that this has been addressed, can we keep the discussion more related to content, or something that differentiates this server from the next as opposed to it's stance on using MQ? This is a very very small piece of our server, and I get the feeling a lot will be overlooked because we've wasted 2 pages discussing MQ and how I feel about it. I'd much rather people discuss content we've implemented, or even use this forum for suggestions on how to make our server better, or even to tell me our server sucks and to kill myself. These are the types of posts I'd find most interesting.

As for the server itself, it's pretty god damn amazing right now. Unless you dig for info, you'll probably spend weeks finding new and cool shit exploring everything.

I love that you said this. Remember when you had to figure a quest out on your own? There was a time.

I wouldn't mind some variety to the max level grind though, maybe some zones from the SOF/TSS/TBS eras would be a nice addition?

I plan to use ALL expansions.

Camric
08-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Any ETA when the server will be online again?

XDR
08-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Any ETA when the server will be online again?

You having withdrawals too? :P

Zarkiue
08-12-2014, 07:59 PM

Nope, just a day behind on farming gems, I have two orders to fill :cool:

bloodeus
08-12-2014, 10:03 PM

I am, it's been down for a couple days now. Stupid server migrations!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBM6-5-cpgw

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 10:27 PM
It's up now. I am hosting from my home PC while we get the beast hardware up and running. Shout out to Dirtmike for making this happen.

berserk920
08-12-2014, 10:33 PM
I am, it's been down for a couple days now. Stupid server migrations!
Same here ;0 .... the withdrawal.... it burns!!!

Only the competitive crowd would have a problem with this, but as I do not cater to this particular demographic...

#1 reason why I love this server. On P99 I always felt second-rate, even though I made some friends in high up places (lets call them the competitive elite)... Especially since I played a warrior. On the Leetsauce Productions server, even though I don't have the best gear yet, this ill-natured competitiveness seems to be absent.

Also, as others have said, Leetsauce really goes far and beyond to help the players on his server (sets a good example). This, imo, helps to nurture a tight-knit community for all, and not just the EQ elite.

Something I would like to see: Hardcore Group and Hardcore Raid versions of zones like ToV, with the loot adjusted accordingly.

Thanks so much Leetsauce! I am so glad I found your server.

(Xardor)

Camric
08-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Anyone able to login? Each time I try to connect it boots me back to the login screen.

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 10:38 PM
You all should log on and play around with me! I wanna make sure this is stable enough for you guys before I go to bed.

bloodeus
08-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Same....just keeps booting me after trying to login, no load screen.

berserk920
08-12-2014, 10:53 PM
Same....just keeps booting me after trying to login, no load screen.
I'm running into the same issue.
(Xardor)

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Bear with me.

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Try now. If not able to connect, I will figure it out tomorrow morning at work. I have the ports forwarded, but my router here at home is wonky. Remember, this is just a bandaid type fix, and we will have it back on the main beast host soon enough. Thank you all for your patience!

Camric
08-12-2014, 11:31 PM
No dice ....

berserk920
08-12-2014, 11:34 PM
. . nope :( . .
(Xardor)

Leetsauce
08-12-2014, 11:37 PM
Sorry, fellas. Work in the A.M. or else I'd stay here and figure out what's wrong. Since I do, I will work on it remotely from the office to get it up and running. Sorry again for the inconvenience, but just know that I am actively working on it and we will be back up asap.

berserk920
08-12-2014, 11:39 PM
np mang. No need to be sorry ;0 . Thanks for trying, appreciate it.
(Xardor)

shanater
08-13-2014, 12:30 AM
Trying to wait patiently for my fix, lol! I've been trying a couple of other servers to pass time while waiting, none have had the right feel to me so far. As others have said, and I'll say it also, I much prefer the helpful atmosphere of the this server. I have a large friendly guild on live, but the whole Leetsauce server feels more inviting and helpful than any other I've played on.

Duinael

Akkadius
08-13-2014, 01:02 AM
Sorry, fellas. Work in the A.M. or else I'd stay here and figure out what's wrong. Since I do, I will work on it remotely from the office to get it up and running. Sorry again for the inconvenience, but just know that I am actively working on it and we will be back up asap.

Do you need help

dirtmike
08-13-2014, 02:05 AM
An update

So we changed to a new box in the DC. We are having issues with our ESXi. I received a /29 block, but have not had any luck getting it configured right. If anyone can lend a hand, I'd really appreciate it.

Leetsauce
08-13-2014, 09:38 AM
While we're working on this, I am also trying to get the server up and running at home from the office today. I should have the kinks worked out within the next couple of hours, or I may just break my keyboard, reinstall, and resource our db into it.

Edit: Good news is that DurtyMike and I had backed up the DB within literal seconds of us bringing it down. So nothing is lost.

Leetsauce
08-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Do you need help

If you're able to help dirtymike at all it would be greatly appreciate it.

Akkadius
08-13-2014, 03:16 PM
If you're able to help dirtymike at all it would be greatly appreciate it.

Just get a hold of me on skype IM - akkadius

dirtmike
08-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Got this shit finished. Leetsauce EQEmu server is back.

leetsauce.org website will be back tonight or tomorrow night.

Akkadius
08-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Got this shit finished. Leetsauce EQEmu server is back.

leetsauce.org website will be back tonight or tomorrow night.

Good job. You guys have it on an actual server yet? If not I do have options available, just let me know.

Leetsauce
08-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Mega Thanks goes out to DirtMike.

Yes, we have an actual server.

Leetsauce
08-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Sorry for double post, but thank you Akkadius. Appreciate the offer.

Akkadius
08-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Sorry for double post, but thank you Akkadius. Appreciate the offer.

No problem, I'm here for our community so if you guys need anything.

Congrats on getting on server hardware and getting back up. :grin:

Leetsauce
08-13-2014, 06:34 PM
Thank, man, and likewise on the community aspect. We are all on the same team :)

Tibia
08-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Server is good. The owner though, is apparently not... Don't even bother with this anymore.

Don't reply to what I said it's just a statement.

geaann
08-14-2014, 06:32 AM
pretty sure this isnt the place too post this, but wanted too know if the Website will be back up soon? My Graphics card in my computer died a few days ago and ended up corrupting some files on my hard drive. so i just got done reformatting and reinstalling OS and other updates. Had too use a old graphics card as a temp till i can buy a new better one. (FYI Don't buy from Sapphire) but I've been trying too go onto leetsauce.org still currently down. I need my Leetsauce Fix!! lol also need too DL the client from the fourms again.

Leetsauce
08-14-2014, 07:09 AM
The server is up, and the website will be up asap.

geaann
08-14-2014, 04:40 PM
hate too ask but could you Pm me a Link too the Client DL and the other files XD

Leetsauce
08-14-2014, 05:03 PM
You're welcome to shoot me a private message with your e-mail address.

geaann
08-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Done and Done

Belial1999
09-02-2014, 01:07 AM
server still kicking ass. come on over, send FUNKEEY a tell for free gear and a personal (intimate) walkthrough regarding both custom and classic progression steps.

/t Revan, i'll give ya a sword... or bow... whatever

ARGHH!