PDA

View Full Version : Time to bring the flavor back.

Drakiyth
07-17-2014, 01:30 AM
Greetings everybody,

Things have got a lot better in my life and I am a lot more stable now. With that said - I am very much considering
getting a server going again for everybody that is like the original Varlyndria server. One thing I don't want however
with the new server is a donation system because of the drama that happened before. But if it comes down to players
wanting something I will do a 100% cosmetic donation system.

THIS I PROMISE - YOU HAVE MY WORD

A good example of this system is: PATH OF EXILE (pathofexile.com). Different spell effects, glowing aura
around your character etc. Absolutely NOTHING that is game changing, such as items that can't be obtained
unless you donate or a tier system that gives you godly power. I never want to go down that path again. I want
everybody to enjoy the new server and not have to worry that they can't get passed a certain area because they are
not a donator.

QUESTION: What is the server going to be called?
ANSWER: This is yet to be determined. What I can say is when I get the rust off I will be working on something soon.

QUESTION: Are you bringing class paths back?
ANSWER: Absolutely.

QUESTION: Are there going to be new paths or are you keeping the old ones?
ANSWER: I plan on making some solid new paths that have a rich variety like before.

QUESTION: How many paths are going to be available at launch?
ANSWER: I plan on doing 2 for each base class at the start. 32 choices. Many are going
to be mixed with other ideas I had so it really makes a solid class but keeps the flavor.
EXAMPLE: Plaguebringer and Erosionist could be a Plague/Acid combo path that can use slimes/rats/bugs and other nasty stuff.

QUESTION: Are we going to start at max level again like Varlyndria: Ascension?
ANSWER: No. This will be like a normal server with some awesome variety for the base classes. Just like Varlyndria 1.

QUESTION: Will there be custom zones and bosses like the original?
ANSWER: Yes. I plan on adding some fun custom things with maps that aren't used often.

QUESTION: Will the server be solo friendly and have bot parties like the original Varlyndria?
ANSWER: Yes. I plan on making it very solo friendly with bot/mercenary fun.

QUESTION: Are there going to be need for guilds or huge raids for end game?
ANSWER: I really want to make a fun server here that you can just get on and play without
worry of other players being online to complete a quest. I will be making this a very solo friendly server but make sure
it's also challenging too for a group of friends. I don't want to do the huge raid scenario with this server.

QUESTION: Are you going to use an item system generator like you did with Ascension?
ANSWER: I want to make sure items are hard to obtain like the original Varlyndria and not spread
all over the place like candy. Expect to see some basic weapons and armor in the hub to start out and a lot of base EQ
items to find along with some custom stuff. I don't want to stray too far away from the original game but just enough to make
things interesting. When you get a magic item it's going to mean something again.

Please post your thoughts on this and the things you would like to see make a comeback.

chasem
07-17-2014, 07:28 AM
Hey Drak - Good to hear things are well and also excited to read this. I loved Varlyndria (all stages but especially original).

Sounds great - Keep us posted!

Wood_Elf
07-18-2014, 04:51 PM
If I have the time, I will of course be there to try it out. Loved all of your iterations of Varlyndria, especially the original.

Sorce08
07-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Nice to see you back, Drak. I was just talking about Varlyndria a few days ago. I'm sorry for how things ended up the last time, and I hope everything will go smoothly this time. I agree with the idea of not using the donation system, even though I donated and enjoyed it, it seemed too easy in becoming a slippery slope. Hope to see your server on the list soon.

Ralpho

Zaela_S
07-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Don't know about your server, but if you do go for cosmetic donation rewards I want to toot my own horn and suggest custom weapon models (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38287). A system to show a selected weapon model in place of a player's actual weapon would be trivial to code, if you're into that (assuming you wouldn't want to just give donators #wc).

Thorkinal
07-19-2014, 01:12 AM
Pleased to see that you are back Drak, can't wait to see what you have instore for us.
Moozilla~

Drakiyth
07-20-2014, 11:40 PM
I like all of your ideas so far and it feels wonderful to be back creating a world for everybody to enjoy.
I have been working very hard on a new server for the last couple of days now so development has
started, and I will be releasing another post about the server when I am much further into it. What I
can tell you right now is this server is not going to be called Varlyndria and it's not going to have a
cliche story line where you need to save the world and work with dragon sisters. This world will be
more about survival and strife and something unfortunate that has happened to you.

More details to come. Stay tuned.

royz
07-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Glad to see things have improved for you man! Can't wait to see the new server. Ill be there at day one!

troylus
07-28-2014, 02:07 AM
I just read this and I am absolutely fucking stoked! WE MISSED YOU DRAKIYTH!

This is some really good news!

Will you be planning on putting in some kind of PVP system?

Drakiyth
07-29-2014, 03:59 AM
I just read this and I am absolutely fucking stoked! WE MISSED YOU DRAKIYTH!

This is some really good news!

Will you be planning on putting in some kind of PVP system?

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I haven't even thought about pvp yet but I will probably add something when all the
pve aspect is fine tuned. The server is still in very early development stages,
but it's coming along nicely. I will have a lot more to show everybody when I release
the official thread.

Drakiyth
07-31-2014, 01:59 AM
Here is a quick example/teaser of the new Warrior Path
that will be released with the new server.

Eradicators are damage dealers that use energy, lightning
and special physical attacks to demolish their foes. They
will also get bonuses to their melee damage and crit rate.
This is an example of what I will be doing to combine many
of the old Varlyndria paths together to make new ones. I
wanted to make a Slayer/Thane hybrid as they both really
kicked ass in dealing damage.

http://i.imgur.com/tpryZDK.png

I'll release more info on all 32 paths and the name of the new
server in its own thread later down the road when I have a lot
more finished and ready to go.

Stay tuned, folks.

Drakiyth
08-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Before I start: I Just want to give a big shout-out to my two friends who have helped
me get back into this when I was rusty as hell, adding some source changes and helping
with scripts etc. Thanks you for everything gentleman!

I just wanted to let everybody know the server is coming along well. There is still a lot of
work to do on it before any kind of release, but things are definitely moving in the right direction.
I also wanted to let everybody know that the server will not be needing anything like "VSES" this
time around. Stats will do the following automatically:

STR: Increases damage with melee weapons by 1% for each point.
DEX: Increases damage with ranged weapons by 1% for each point.
INT: Increases spell/discipline damage by 1% for each point. (life taps are 0.1%)
WIS: Increases healing by 1% for each point.
CHA: Increases perma pet and swarm pet damage by 1% per point.

Path clicky damage effects use INT to be boosted. However, INT as you all know is not easy to find on
most melee gear unless you're a SK. I have added some INT to all gear that has STR because of this to
keep melee characters in the game. Bots also now scale with the stats above and so do their pets as well.

Mobs are scaled to take on you (Champion) and your team of bots or a few player friends/boxing. They
have insane HP. Even a level 1 mob will kick your ass if you're not prepared for it. This also fits into the
story line. Your character is a leader that has their own unit of soldiers.

I suppose I can give off a couple last things about the server here while I am typing this. AAs at launch will
be limited to Shadows of Luclin only (the original AAs) and zones will be limited to Vanilla, Kunark and custom
areas only. There is a hub and the portal NPC is not a spoon-feeder type. He's going to dump you in the middle
of no where in choice areas that fit the story line (not revealed yet to public). Travel, wizards and druids will
indeed be very viable. There will also be some nasty surprises waiting for players outside of the hub zone at
random times also due to the story line. Let's just say the hunter becomes the hunted. The server delivers a
very unique feeling but still keeps the nostalgia that everybody loves of EQ - but just makes it more casual and
interesting. Progression is solid in all old world zones on this server. Items are not crazy and out of hand but there
are indeed a good deal of custom ones as well.

That doesn't even come close to covering everything.

More to come.

Shin Noir
08-07-2014, 01:43 AM
First positive: I played a bit on your original server and enjoyed your efforts to tackle a huge class system.
Then opinion: Too many classes. Choices are good, customizing classes are great, but too many can cause favortism. KISS, retention of newcomers is usually small. :)

Keep up the awesome work!

Drakiyth
08-07-2014, 01:53 AM
First positive: I played a bit on your original server and enjoyed your efforts to tackle a huge class system.
Then opinion: Too many classes. Choices are good, customizing classes are great, but too many can cause favortism. KISS, retention of newcomers is usually small. :)

Keep up the awesome work!

I can't agree more. That's why I have decided to go with two solid choices for all base classes that use a lot of the ideas
I had in Ascension - just combined together to make a more detailed class outfit but keep the flavor of it, and I find it funny
you said KISS because my motto in my notes is the Keep it Simple Stupid system. LOL

Good times.

Shin Noir
08-07-2014, 02:03 AM
I have a purely experimental server i'm messing with where i'm totally breaking classes. Because, I have a feeling that a server that offers a revamp of classes is just.. interesting. :)

Working on a new patcher to ensure people can stay in sync easily. I don't see any good patchers out there for hacks. Plan to opensource my efforts and KISS that.

Drakiyth
08-08-2014, 01:33 AM
This should give everybody an idea of how I am building the class paths on the new server. One thing I wanted to do this time was make
sure you "WORKED" your way up to greatness instead of just have it handed to you. A lot of players despised that about the older servers
and I can see why. Nobody just wants to be the best out of the box. It gets boring and you feel like you didn't earn your toon. The below
table is the finished product for the Eradicator DPS Warrior. You'll notice that as you get these special items (story will explain why I have
chose items for this system) you'll get a stronger evolving buff for each tier of item you obtain. Eventually at 60 (THE RING OF POWER!)
you'll gain 5 features to your path buff that will make you a bad ass.

With this said, leveling in the new server has been greatly toned down. Players will really need to earn 60 and not just get it
with x7 experience bullshit etc. The journey is indeed a big part of the fun of character development. That's also why I don't
have spell/disc trainers either or npcs to hold your hand. Players will also lose experience when kicking the bucket as well. I wanted
to bring the challenge and fun back that a lot of players enjoy about EQ but also add my own crazy spin on what I feel will be an
entertaining casual experience.

http://i.imgur.com/HfQ5pnv.png

• ERADICATOR

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Eradicator: Engine of Destruction (EoD)
- TIER 1: 50% to base melee crit for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: 100% to base melee crit, 20% haste3 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: 150% to base melee crit, 30% haste3 and 300% more kick damage for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: 200% to base melee crit, 40% haste3, 400% more kick damage and 120% more melee damage.
- TIER 5: 250% to base melee crit, 50% haste3, 500% more kick damage and 150% more melee damage.
Also grants lightning proc -> 13xlevel damage.

EARNED AT 10 - CHARM: Power Strike - Deals 10 x level damage to a single target. Grants EoD Tier 1. CD: 12 seconds
EARNED AT 20 - SOURCE: Burst of Force - Deals 20 x level damage to all enemies within 10 yards. Grants EoD Tier 2. CD 24 seconds.
EARNED AT 30 - EARRING: Born to Slay - Increases melee crit by 300% for 18 seconds. Stacks with and Grants EoD Tier 3. CD 36 seconds.
EARNED AT 45 - BRACER: Lightning Strike - Deals 40 x level damage to a single target and stuns them for 4 seconds. Grants EoD Tier 4. CD 30 seconds.
EARNED AT 60 - RING: Eradication - Blast a single target with a massive surge of force for 50 x level damage. Grants EoD Tier 5. CD 12 seconds.

http://i.imgur.com/ZuAAWfU.png

Items on the new server will also scale 1 to 60. You're not going to get those stats above until 60. It's all
part of the "Earning" your toon process that I am focusing on with this server.

More to come.

Drakiyth
08-10-2014, 04:28 PM
I wanted to talk a little bit about life taps on the new server. I was originally going to do 10 INT = 1% but I decided that's too low with the current way I have taps only doing a MAX with a caster DPS path 38xlevel damage. That's if that caster had a lifetap at 60 when they got there ring. Instead, I've allowed life taps to do full damage but the healing aspect will be on a rule value so I can control if they are getting out of hand.

Example: 500 INT Necro path with 38 x level life tap deals 2280 +500% which = 13,680 damage. If life taps were allowed to get all of that back as healing they would be incredibly OP. So with this system, I'll allow the damage to work at full INT bonus but the healing will be reduced by an amount that I can always change so things don't get crazy.

More to come.

Maze_EQ
08-12-2014, 03:21 AM
Mmm 48 more classes to choose from in Classic, that in will no way be balanced whatsoever and everyone will run FOTM.

Sounds like a winning idea to me.

Keep on keeping on!

Splose
08-12-2014, 08:29 AM
Mmm 48 more classes to choose from in Classic, that in will no way be balanced whatsoever and everyone will run FOTM.

Sounds like a winning idea to me.

Keep on keeping on!

flavorhater_eq

Drakiyth
08-12-2014, 11:36 AM
FOTM is sadly inevitable in every mmorpg. Number crunchers won't mysteriously
vanish nor will they stop finding the most powerful combo to be. All any dev can do
is try to balance the game as best as they can. Can class paths get close to being
balanced out? Yes, but not with the system I used before. I found many flaws with
how I did things and I'm not going to promise everybody that this time around
will be the greatest thing ever either. What I can say is that my new system has
a strong point base value but also evolving path buffs that won't let paths get out
of hand with some crazy buff they get that another does not. Each path will have
an evolving buff no matter what role they are. This is something I didn't have
in any of my older servers. Should I just stop making unique and fun variations
of class paths because things won't be 100% balanced? Absolutely no way.

Thorkinal
08-12-2014, 09:07 PM
It's Just Maze, should have not even bothered responding to him, Just keep doing your thing Drak.

NatedogEZ
08-12-2014, 09:36 PM
I would say add him to your ignore list.. but when someone quotes him directly under the post.. that kind of defeats the purpose of ignore :p

Ozium
08-18-2014, 04:55 PM
you do some real nice work, awaiting server testing !

Drakiyth
08-19-2014, 03:30 PM
The server is coming along nicely but I am going to tone down on the scale of path spells big time because the current ones are doing too much damage compared to a normal spell. Path spells (based on the class type) will be around the same power level as spells in live, but are instant cast from the path item you get. With that said, I might also make the CD a little longer as well for nukes on path items. 12 seconds for a quick blast as powerful as a normal wizard nuke is not fair to wizards. I want to make sure casters can still toss some of their normal spells in to the mix along with adding their path powers.

The Eradicator info I posted earlier is not official on the numbers and is only to be taken as an example at this stage.

More to come.

you do some real nice work, awaiting server testing !

Can't wait to get things rolling for everybody. Thank you for the support.

Aquaojo
08-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Hey Drak!! Amped up to see you bringing back a server!! Can't wait to play again!!

-Aqua/Dos

petwaitress
08-20-2014, 04:08 PM
My best memories were playing on your servers. I can't wait to see the finished product. A legacy of some sort to returning players would be a great incentive ;)

Wood_Elf
08-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Can't wait to see so many familiar faces on one EMU. Made a lot of great friends on Varlyndria. Seeing all of these people I know from V1-2 planning on being there is great.

Drakiyth
08-23-2014, 01:28 PM
It's going to be great to see players from Varlyndria join together again for another epic
adventure, no doubt. Greetings to all of you!

So I wanted to tell players about what my team and I have came up with for the boxing/ip limit rules
on the new server. Having more than 1 ip per account will not be allowed until you prove yourself
to the community as a helpful and loyal player. You do this by helping out in the game and especially
on our server forums. There will also be an application process as well that needs to be approved by the team.
IP exempts in this regard are for Families/Friends playing together ONLY.

If you pass and get an IP exempt we will grant you the ability to box up to 3 accounts. If we see
characters moving together in sync or obvious things going on where three toons are being played
by one person we will investigate immediately and take action on your privileges.

These rules are strict and in place not to pick on players who want to box multiple accounts but
to make the new server as balanced as possible where everybody can enjoy themselves in a clean
fair environment. Also, donating to get IP exempts goes against the cosmetic rule system and will
not be an option.

I know a lot of players are adamant on boxing tons of accounts but with the new system we have
for bots (a lot of the coding has been improved greatly for them) the server will allow players
to run around with their own groups and stick to the vision of 1 champion and 5 followers. Or players
can even group up if they wanted to. We feel that boxing is just a cheap way to blow through content
faster than intended and we absolutely will not tolerate it.

The exact mechanics and application process are currently in development by the team. With the hours
of work put into this server, there has to be rules that benefit the player base as a whole. I hope you will
still try out the new server if these rules are not to your liking. The server however is very solo friendly
so you won't NEED to box tons of accounts to get where you want. It's overkill.

With that said, here is an official example of one of the other paths on the new server. This time
around I really wanted to make sure the base class of EQ was merged with your path choice,
not completely ignored by it. If you notice below, this gives wizards an option to go into a more
control role and increase the cold damage of the spells they already get in the game. Things
like this will be what I am aiming to achieve and is a very important aspect on keeping the game
balanced.

http://i.imgur.com/r4gAAQn.png

• FROSTWEAVER (CONTROL)

SPECIAL NOTE: The melee mitigation from Herald of Winter is reduced further by Glacial Shield
and they do not stack at Tier 5 as a total of -65%. Example: 100 damage is reduced by 25% from HoW and becomes
75, that 75 is than reduced by 40% from glacial shield which becomes 45 total damage taken.

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Herald of Winter (HoW)
- TIER 1: Increases cold damage by 40% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases cold damage by 80% and melee mitigation by 10% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases cold damage by 120%, melee mitigation by 15% and evasion by 10% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases cold damage by 160%, melee mitigation by 20%, evasion by 13% and CHA by 20 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases cold damage by 200%, melee mitigation by 25%, evasion by 17% and CHA by 25 for 1 hour.
Also grants a bonus of +200% more cold damage.

- CHARM: Numbing Cold - Puts an enemy to sleep and debuffs their melee mit by 15 x level percent for 30 secs. Grants HoW Tier 1. CD 36 secs
- SOURCE: Ice Dagger - Deals 10 x level cold damage to a single enemy. Grants HoW Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Hypothermia - Afflicts an enemy with hypothermia, putting them to sleep for 90 seconds. Grants HoW Tier 3. CD 18 secs
- BRACER: Glacial Shield - Shield of ice that increases melee mitigation by 40% for 18 seconds. Grants HoW Tier 4. CD 36 secs
- RING: Summon Ice Golem - Summons an ice golem to aid you until death. Grants HoW Tier 5. CD 300 secs

A lot more to come. Stay tuned.

Drakiyth
08-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Greetings,

Just wanted to stop by and inform everyone who has been waiting patiently for more info that things are
running smooth and the server is coming along well. I am taking hours of my time making sure each
and every path I make is useful. I have also made some changes to the enchanter class to make
them more appealing to players aside from being a babysitter of mobs. Also, all pet classes have
stronger dps pets at lower levels now. Starting around the 16-18 range instead of 30+

NOTES:
- Enchanters now get Animation Empathy as a Shadows of Luclin AA and they may also learn all 3 ranks instantly at level 1 for no cost.
- Enchanter animation pets have been improved in level and stats. (They were terrible before)
- Enchanter animation pets now have new models for their weapons and shields each level.
- Enchanter, Necromancer, Shadow Knight, Magician and Beastlord pets now dual wield at a much lower level than before.

Below is an example of one of my newest creations. Also, I have hiked up the stat buffs a lot compared to what you saw on the
frostweaver above. A 25 CHA boost at tier 5 wasn't cutting it. Remember that each point of STR, INT, DEX, CHA and WIS you
get on the new server matters and actually makes you do more damage/healing depending on the category.

I wanted to really get some paths on the new server this time that are appealing to the players who like to group and
help out their teams. The Animator Path below does just that, but they also get a very nice reward for reaching Tier 5
as well. The Iron Golem is better than any pet they get normally and really puts the path into a good spot for themselves.
Support paths will always share their Evolving Path Buff with their team. I have made sure these types of buffs stack with
absolutely everything. However they cannot stack with another evolving group path buff of the same type.

http://i.imgur.com/9rKmSi4.png http://i.imgur.com/s6PMlZo.png

• ANIMATOR (SUPPORT)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF (GROUP) -> Deviser's Enlightenment - (DE)
- TIER 1: Increases your groups STR by 15 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your groups STR and INT by 30 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your groups STR, INT and CHA by 45 for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your groups STR, INT, CHA and DEX by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your groups STR, INT, CHA and DEX by 75 for 1 hour.
Also grants the group a defensive proc which summons a level 60 puppet to attack their enemy for 9 seconds.

- CHARM: Killer Book - Launch a killer book at your enemy that strikes for 5 x level magic damage. Grants your group DE Tier 1. CD 18 secs
- SOURCE: Golemancy - Raise your pet's base crit by 150%, mit by 15% and haste3 by 30% for 1 hour. Grants your group DE Tier 2. CD 24 secs.
- EARRING: Joint Control - Increases your groups melee damage by 135% for 18 secs. Grants your group DE Tier 3. CD 36 secs
- BRACER: Master of Animations - Raises your CHA by 240 for 18 seconds. Stacks with other CHA buffs. Grants your group DE Tier 4. CD 36 secs
- RING: Summon Iron Golem - Summons an iron golem to aid you until death. Grants your group DE Tier 5. CD 300 secs

I hope you all enjoyed this. More to come.

chrsschb
08-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Any chance I can get a response to a PM I sent you 8 months ago? :D

archdragon24
08-28-2014, 09:01 PM
HI Drakiyth,
your ideas sound absolutely amazing, i love the idea of promoting non-traditional paths on to classes, and you presenting a dps version of the warrior sounds great. Hope you carry that on to other tanking classes, i have ALWAYS wanted to play a 2 handed DPS SK.

Will definitely be trying this server out when your read to release. If your looking for anyone to beta test, i would be more then willing to help also.

Drakiyth
08-29-2014, 04:04 PM
HI Drakiyth,
your ideas sound absolutely amazing, i love the idea of promoting non-traditional paths on to classes, and you presenting a dps version of the warrior sounds great. Hope you carry that on to other tanking classes, i have ALWAYS wanted to play a 2 handed DPS SK.

Will definitely be trying this server out when your read to release. If your looking for anyone to beta test, i would be more then willing to help also.

There will indeed be a DPS Shadow Knight that uses 2 handers available at launch. It's too early for alpha/beta
stuff right now but when I get to that point I will make sure you're one of the first in. Thanks for the support!

UPDATE:
I have also decided to make Pet Affinity a level 1 AA for no cost that all classes get. The AA is now
shadows of luclin and is also found in the Archetype area. This change makes the game a lot
better early on for support paths, since their pet can benefit from their group spells.

archdragon24
08-30-2014, 11:46 AM
There will indeed be a DPS Shadow Knight that uses 2 handers available at launch. It's too early for alpha/beta
stuff right now but when I get to that point I will make sure you're one of the first in. Thanks for the support!

UPDATE:
I have also decided to make Pet Affinity a level 1 AA for no cost that all classes get. The AA is now
shadows of luclin and is also found in the Archetype area. This change makes the game a lot
better early on for support paths, since their pet can benefit from their group spells.

Hi Drakiyth,

sounds awesome, if you need any help coming up with "ideas" for classes/spells/ect, let me know. Ive always had huge ideas for mmos(over the 16+ years ive been playing them, lo, just never the experience to implement anything. Id be more the happy to throw ideas your way for anything you might be stuck on.

looking forward to testing beta

Drakiyth
09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Hi Drakiyth,

sounds awesome, if you need any help coming up with "ideas" for classes/spells/ect, let me know. Ive always had huge ideas for mmos(over the 16+ years ive been playing them, lo, just never the experience to implement anything. Id be more the happy to throw ideas your way for anything you might be stuck on.

looking forward to testing beta

Ideas are always good, man. If you have any ideas for a path shoot them my way.

Here is another creation I wanted to share with everybody that's going to appear on the new server. The Blightbane takes my idea of
the Rotfeaster and Erosionist on Varlyndria: Ascension, and combines them into one cool class path. This particular necromancer will have
decent DPS (especially AoE), but they also have good control and can keep mobs from harming their team. Enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/NesFOjX.png

• BLIGHTBANE (CONTROL)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Virulent One (VO)
- TIER 1: Increases disease damage by 40% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases disease and poison damage by 80% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases disease and poison damage by 120%, and Spell Crit by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases disease and poison damage by 160%, Spell Crit by 10% and CHA by 80 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases disease and poison damage by 200%, Spell Crit by 13% and CHA by 100 for 1 hour.
Also grants you an additional 200% disease damage.

- CHARM: Acidic Slime - An acidic slime attacks a target for 30 secs. Gets stronger per 10 caster levels. Grants VO Tier 1. CD 10 secs
- SOURCE: Cloud of Filth - Makes all enemies within 50 feet sick (99% snare) and panic (fear) for 30 sec. Grants VO Tier 2. CD 2 mins.
- EARRING: Stream of Corruption - Deals 15 x level poison dmg to an enemy and snares and fears them for 30 sec. Grants VO Tier 3. CD 42 secs
- BRACER: Contagion - Infects enemy with 10 x level a tick disease DoT for 3 minutes. Spreads to nearby enemies. Grants VO Tier 4. CD 60 secs
- RING: Summon Plague Rat - Summons a monstrous plague rat to assist you until death. Grants VO Tier 5. CD 300 secs

troylus
09-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Always loved the whole plaguebringer/erosionist class idea. Unfortunately on the first Varlyndria, just couldn't compete with the lifetap class, so switched to that. This one sounds fantastic!

Drakiyth
09-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Always loved the whole plaguebringer/erosionist class idea. Unfortunately on the first Varlyndria, just couldn't
compete with the lifetap class, so switched to that. This one sounds fantastic!

I am making sure all the paths on the new server offer nice rewards for the work you'll be putting into the quest line to get your path items.
Let's just say to get your ring it's almost as bad as the epic 1.0 quest. To have the title "Grand" over your head means you worked hard for it.
None of these items are just handed to you with little effort.

I wanted to let everybody know the server is well on the way and doing great. Here is another treat for everybody, a path of the beastlord
that gives you multiple options as a jack of all trades to help your group in many ways. You can sit back in serpent form and turn what used
to be a crappy heal into a solid heal spell for your team, or you can do some dps in werewolf form if somebody is tanking for you and so on.
Players will be able to change in and out of forms on the fly and I have made this work with a script so there will never be any problems
of buffs not replacing each other. Enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/bDUavQG.png http://i.imgur.com/7AnJa46.png http://i.imgur.com/MEXm8Nf.png

• WEREFIEND (JACK OF ALL TRADES)

SPECIAL NOTE: Were forms DO NOT STACK and will remove each other. Use forms for certain situations to help your team or dps etc.

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Bestial Transformation (BT)
- TIER 1: Increases your STR by 20 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your STR and INT by 40 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your STR, INT and WIS by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your STR, INT, WIS and CHA by 80 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your STR, INT, WIS and CHA by 100 for 1 hour.
Also grants you 10% more hp.

- CHARM: Werewolf Form - Increases your melee damage by 500% but reduces your melee mitigation by 50% for 1 hour. Grants BT Tier 1. CD 6
- SOURCE: Werebull Form - Increases your melee mitigation by 50% but reduces your damage by 500% for 1 hour. Grants BT Tier 2. CD 6
- EARRING: Wereserpent Form - Increases your WIS by 500 but reduces your melee damage by 500% for 1 hour. Grants BT Tier 3. CD 6
- BRACER: Werebat Form - Increases your INT by 500 but reduces your melee damage by 500% for 1 hour. Grants BT Tier 4. CD 6
- RING: Primal Balance - Crush your enemy for 25 x level damage and heal your group for 500 base healing. Grants BT Tier 5. CD 36

NOTE: If you're new to custom servers: This server has custom source which allows STR, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA to modify melee/ranged/song/spell damage,
healing, pet/swarm pet damage etc for each point. If you see a buff above saying it gives 500 wisdom it's also improving your healing by 500%.

More to come.

Drakiyth
09-14-2014, 12:55 PM
Bards might be a big joke to some but with the new server you might think otherwise. Here is one of the paths for the bard that I wanted to share.

http://i.imgur.com/8GHdTT2.png

• SONGBLADE (DPS)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Singing Blades (SB)
- TIER 1: Increases 1HS damage by 60% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases 1HS damage by 120% and STR by 40 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases 1HS damage by 180%, and STR and DEX by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases 1HS damage by 240%, STR and DEX by 80 and base melee crit by 300% for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases 1HS damage by 300%, STR and DEX by 100 and base melee crit by 360% for 1 hour.
Also grants you 300% more 1HS damage.

- CHARM: Blade Dance - Reduces your MaxHP by 15%, but also grants a triple 1HS proc for 1 hour. Grants SB Tier 1. CD 6 secs
- SOURCE: Knife Song - Sound pierces a single enemy for 3 x level damage a tick for 18 seconds. Grants SB Tier 2. CD 6 secs (Uses DEX/SING)
- EARRING: Twisting Steel - Increases your melee critical strike damage total by 45% for 1 hour. Grants SB Tier 3. CD 6 secs
- BRACER: Sonic Lance - Sonic energy blasts through an enemy for 40 x level damage. Grants SB Tier 4. CD 36 secs (Uses INT)
- RING: Swift as the Wind - Gives you max possible haste speeds for 1 hour. Grants SB Tier 5. CD 18 secs

Stay tuned.

archdragon24
09-14-2014, 09:08 PM
HI Drakiyth,

Looking great so far.

One idea i had while i was thinking of different class specs was how would you go about changing the mage, but keeping the elemental flair.

I like the idea of introducing more tanks to the equation so i thought maybe making a caster tank would be a cool option, and i thought the mage might be a perfect fit here something along the lines of:

The mage becomes one with their pet (effectively sacrificing their pet, and causing them to shape change)

Earth pet: all out single target tank
Fire: Aoe tank pet
Water: Magic Damage tank
Air: Dps

Drakiyth
09-15-2014, 03:09 PM
HI Drakiyth,

Looking great so far.

One idea i had while i was thinking of different class specs was how would you go about changing the mage, but keeping the elemental flair.

I like the idea of introducing more tanks to the equation so i thought maybe making a caster tank would be a cool option, and i thought the mage might be a perfect fit here something along the lines of:

The mage becomes one with their pet (effectively sacrificing their pet, and causing them to shape change)

Earth pet: all out single target tank
Fire: Aoe tank pet
Water: Magic Damage tank
Air: Dps

I already created the mage paths but your idea here is rather sound and interesting. You'll see I'm not terribly far off from your idea with
the Riftguard.

http://i.imgur.com/eUZS8xo.png

• RIFTGUARD (SUPPORT)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Elemental Defender - (ED)
- TIER 1: Increases your group's melee mit by 4% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 12%, and evasion by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 16%, evasion by 10% and damage shield by 150 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 20%, evasion by 12% and damage shield by 188 for 1 hour.
Also grants your group a defensive proc that blasts the enemy with fire for 6 x level fire damage.

- CHARM: Earth Rift - Roots all enemies within 50 yards of you for 30 seconds. Grants ED Tier 1. CD 60 secs
- SOURCE: Fire Rift - Empowers your group with a fire weapon proc that deals 4 x level fire damage for 18 secs. Grants ED Tier 2. CD 36 secs
- EARRING: Air Rift - Empowers your group with 46% haste2 for 1 hour. Grants ED Tier 3. CD 6 secs
- BRACER: Water Rift - Heals your group for 400 base healing. Grants ED Tier 4. CD 18 secs
- RING: Chaos Rift - Increases your group's spell damage (all types) by 200% for 18 seconds. Grants ED Tier 5. CD 36 secs

http://i.imgur.com/UKh1nLm.png

• SUMMONER (DPS)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Conjurer's Majesty - (CM)
- TIER 1: Increases your CHA by 20 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your CHA by 40 and your fire damage by 120% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your CHA by 60 and your fire and magic damage by 180% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your CHA by 80, your fire and magic damage by 240% and your INT by 80.
- TIER 5: Increases your CHA by 100, your fire and magic damage by 300% and your INT by 100.
Also gives your pet Elemental Fury which increases their melee damage by 300% for 1 hour.

- CHARM: Conjure Monster - A monster attacks your enemy for 30 secs. Gets stronger per 10 caster levels. Grants CM Tier 1. CD 10 secs
- SOURCE: Elemental Supremacy - Raise your pet's base crit by 150%, dmg by 120% and haste2 by 60% for 1 hour. Grants CM Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Primordial Shield - Raise your pet's melee and spell mit by 23% for 1 hour. Grants CM Tier 3. CD 12 secs
- BRACER: Master of Elements - Raises your CHA by 160 for 18 seconds. Stacks with other CHA buffs. Grants CM Tier 4. CD 36 secs
- RING: Conjure Elemental Kings - Four Elemental Kings of Fire, Water, Earth and Air attack your foe for 30 seconds. Grants CM Tier 5. CD 40 secs

Since we are also talking about pet classes, I have gone over all the normal base classes and made sure that all pets are better.
The 1.0 Mage Epic pet for instance, is a total bad-ass and I have even given it a different model. Combine the 1.0 pet with the summoner and say
goodbye to most encounters. I will also make sure before launch that all 1.0 epic weapons (since this is based in vanilla/kunark) have some nice
upgrades to them. Please also keep in mind that NPCs on the new server have been changed as well to take on a small group or a solid solo
character -- with the new stats and source changes. You're not going to be one shotting anything or walking through reds like it's a cake walk. I have
made sure things are solid and challenging, and have tested my heart out so far.

Mariomario
09-15-2014, 06:35 PM
What sort of time line are you looking at doing some beta for the server?

archdragon24
09-15-2014, 06:54 PM
I already created the mage paths but your idea here is rather sound and interesting. You'll see I'm not terribly far off from your idea with
the Riftguard.

http://i.imgur.com/eUZS8xo.png

• RIFTGUARD (SUPPORT)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Elemental Defender - (ED)
- TIER 1: Increases your group's melee mit by 4% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 12%, and evasion by 8% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 16%, evasion by 10% and damage shield by 150 for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your group's melee and spell mit by 20%, evasion by 12% and damage shield by 188 for 1 hour.
Also grants your group a defensive proc that blasts the enemy with fire for 6 x level fire damage.

- CHARM: Earth Rift - Roots all enemies within 50 yards of you for 30 seconds. Grants ED Tier 1. CD 60 secs
- SOURCE: Fire Rift - Empowers your group with a fire weapon proc that deals 4 x level fire damage for 18 secs. Grants ED Tier 2. CD 36 secs
- EARRING: Air Rift - Empowers your group with 46% haste2 for 1 hour. Grants ED Tier 3. CD 6 secs
- BRACER: Water Rift - Heals your group for 400 base healing. Grants ED Tier 4. CD 18 secs
- RING: Chaos Rift - Increases your group's spell damage (all types) by 200% for 18 seconds. Grants ED Tier 5. CD 36 secs

http://i.imgur.com/UKh1nLm.png

• SUMMONER (DPS)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Conjurer's Majesty - (CM)
- TIER 1: Increases your CHA by 20 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your CHA by 40 and your fire damage by 120% for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your CHA by 60 and your fire and magic damage by 180% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your CHA by 80, your fire and magic damage by 240% and your INT by 80.
- TIER 5: Increases your CHA by 100, your fire and magic damage by 300% and your INT by 100.
Also gives your pet Elemental Fury which increases their melee damage by 300% for 1 hour.

- CHARM: Conjure Monster - A monster attacks your enemy for 30 secs. Gets stronger per 10 caster levels. Grants CM Tier 1. CD 10 secs
- SOURCE: Elemental Supremacy - Raise your pet's base crit by 150%, dmg by 120% and haste2 by 60% for 1 hour. Grants CM Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Primordial Shield - Raise your pet's melee and spell mit by 23% for 1 hour. Grants CM Tier 3. CD 12 secs
- BRACER: Master of Elements - Raises your CHA by 160 for 18 seconds. Stacks with other CHA buffs. Grants CM Tier 4. CD 36 secs
- RING: Conjure Elemental Kings - Four Elemental Kings of Fire, Water, Earth and Air attack your foe for 30 seconds. Grants CM Tier 5. CD 40 secs

Since we are also talking about pet classes, I have gone over all the normal base classes and made sure that all pets are better.
The 1.0 Mage Epic pet for instance, is a total bad-ass and I have even given it a different model. Combine the 1.0 pet with the summoner and say
goodbye to most encounters. I will also make sure before launch that all 1.0 epic weapons (since this is based in vanilla/kunark) have some nice
upgrades to them. Please also keep in mind that NPCs on the new server have been changed as well to take on a small group or a solid solo
character -- with the new stats and source changes. You're not going to be one shotting anything or walking through reds like it's a cake walk. I have
made sure things are solid and challenging, and have tested my heart out so far.

looking good,

I always though a shape change class would be cool also, maybe either the zeker, or the ranger.

bezerker shapechaning into a giant bear, getting bonus's to rage/rampage/ect. Basically all out blood rage tell they kill everything around them

Or maybe have one of the ranger trees be a tank tree where they turn into animals and tank.

Drakiyth
09-15-2014, 07:56 PM
What sort of time line are you looking at doing some beta for the server?

I'm currently over halfway done with paths (many things are not shown here) and things are picking up pace so I'm thinking
a November beta if not earlier. When I am fully done with paths (quests also included with that) I will have a much better idea
for when I want to kick things off. This is also not the official thread for the new server. That will be released before the server goes
live.

looking good,

I always though a shape change class would be cool also, maybe either the zeker, or the ranger.

bezerker shapechaning into a giant bear, getting bonus's to rage/rampage/ect. Basically all out blood rage tell they kill everything around them

Or maybe have one of the ranger trees be a tank tree where they turn into animals and tank.

I am done with Berserkers but I'll save the info on them for the official thread, however, I have not started the Ranger yet.

CLASSES NOT DONE YET
Monk, Rogue, Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Druid and Shaman

Fire off some ideas for those above if you want.

Drakiyth
09-16-2014, 01:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LjWfgrO.png

Orc Camp in EC, but what's that on the side of it?

I am fully utilizing the new door plugins to make custom content never seen before in some zones. This will give
the new server a feel that I was never able to give players on my older servers.

More to come.

Akkadius
09-16-2014, 01:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LjWfgrO.png

I am fully utilizing the new door plugins to make custom content never seen before in some zones. This will give
the new server a feel that I was never able to give players on my older servers.

More to come.

That is neat!

chrsschb
09-16-2014, 01:51 AM
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LjWfgrO.png[IMG]

More to come.

I'm clearly blind lol.

Drakiyth
09-16-2014, 02:05 AM
I'm clearly blind lol.

Look to the left of the screenshot with 2 tents, a house and npcs that are not in the original EQ. That entire area is just grass on live.

That is neat!

Couldn't have done it without the fine devs of EQemu. You're all putting out some awesome stuff lately. Keep it up.

chrsschb
09-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Look to the left of the screenshot with 2 tents, a house and npcs that are not in the original EQ. That entire area is just grass on live.

Ahh. It looked off but I honestly couldn't remember what was in that zone originally.

archdragon24
09-16-2014, 01:20 PM
CLASSES NOT DONE YET
Monk, Rogue, Paladin, Cleric, Ranger, Druid and Shaman

Fire off some ideas for those above if you want.

Excuse the long post, i had been thinking of ideas for alot of the classes you have here, so I'm going to separate it out a little bit:

Healers:

I always thought the healers should be separate, but equal in terms of healing capacity, instead of clerics being the all out best healer. So came up with:

Cleric line (maybe Archon?)- Best Single/Group Targeted Healer, focus's to increase targeted heal throughput, instant casts, hpt/ac buffs, DI, ect.

Shaman Line (maybe Spiritualist)- Best Single/Group HoTer, foci to increase hot duration/heal amount, best stat buffer, melee proc(panther)

Druid - new healing type - Combat Regen/runeing - the idea here is that druids would have buffs that increase both natural regen, and the combat limit on natural regen, and then would rune you to hold of some damage as you reneged damage.

Ranger:

Well of course an Archer tree- but id like to handle it a little different then most servers, instead of shooting really fast with archer, i like the idea of a slow attacking, hard hitting. Bows with a 40/50 delay but that hit really really hard. the buffs could be a trueshot buff, maybe something that gives them endless quiver (to reinforce the archery style), something that increase spell range to cover bow range.

Thats all i have time for for now, ill add more later:)

Drakiyth
09-20-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm all done with the druids now and wanted to share the healing path with everybody. More to come. Enjoy folks.

http://i.imgur.com/4dDq0BE.png

NOTE: Direct Heal Total only works for non Heal Over Time spells. This mod is used AFTER wis and
multiplies it by the Direct Heal Total %. Example: 20 point heal with 150 wis and 38% Direct Heal Total
becomes: 200 +150% = 500, 500 +38% = 690

• GROVEWARDEN (HEALER)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Protector of Nature (PoN)
- TIER 1: Increases your WIS by 30 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your WIS and CHA by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your WIS and CHA by 90 and direct heal total by 23% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your WIS and CHA by 120, direct heal total by 30% and healing crit by 15% for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your WIS and CHA by 150, direct heal total by 38% and healing crit by 19% for 1 hour.
Also grants your ancient treant Nature's Blessing, which gives it a chance to heal for 300 base healing while fighting in melee.

- CHARM: Life Spawn - Summons a life spawn on your enemy for 30 seconds and places a Life Shell (5 x level absorption rune) on the group
for 1 hour. Life spawns only do 50% of the damage of a normal swarm pet. Gets stronger per 10 caster levels. Grants PoN Tier 1. CD 10 secs
- SOURCE: Stream of Nature - Heals a single ally for 150 a tick for 60 seconds. Grants PoN Tier 2. CD 60 secs
- EARRING: Soothing Rain - Heals your group for 225 a tick for 60 seconds. Grants PoN Tier 3. CD 120 secs
- BRACER: Oak Skin - Increases your group's MaxHP by 12% and evasion by 7% for 1 hour. Grants PoN Tier 4. CD 12 secs
- RING: Summon Ancient Treant - Summon an ancient treant to aid you until death. Grants PoN Tier 5. CD 300 secs

Drakiyth
09-21-2014, 10:05 PM
UPDATE:

I've done a metric shit-load of work on the server over the weekend and things
are moving along at a very fast pace. All of the classes that I've already finished are 100%
good to go in the game. This includes: 22 Charms, 22 Power Sources, 22 Earrings, 22 Bracers, 22 Rings and
quest-lines from 10 to 60 to get the items. As well as 200+ custom spells that have been finely crafted and balanced
to the best of my ability. There is also a hub, starter zone and other custom areas inside normal zones
that I have built for the server.

On top of all that, players get to go through Vanilla and Kunark once again with all of the same content they have loved
over the years. Nothing has been touched aside from the HP and damage of NPCs, and the custom areas I have added inside
the zones. There is no crazy random diablo loot or saturated loot tables on this server. I've learned a big lesson with my other
servers: NEVER give too much too soon. Keep the carrot on the stick feeling going at all costs, and let players earn and
have fun progressing in your world.

CLASSES IN THE WORKS
Paladins

CLASSES NOT DONE YET
Monk, Rogue, Ranger and Shaman

I love to hear ideas from others! If you got a cool idea for one of the classes above don't be afraid to tell me!

EDIT: Here is a treat for the Paladin fans out there. Enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/HrAhj1T.png

• INQUISITOR (DPS)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Law Bringer (LB)
- TIER 1: Increases your 2HS damage by 40% for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your 2HS damage by 80% and STR by 40 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your 2HS damage by 120%, STR by 60 and base melee crit by 150% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your 2HS damage by 160%, STR by 80, base melee crit by 200% and your haste2 by 80%.
- TIER 5: Increases your 2HS damage by 200%, STR by 100, base melee crit by 250% and your haste2 by 100%.
Also grants you a chance to proc two slash attacks when fighting. (Gets melee bonuses but does not rely on your equipped weapon.)

- CHARM: Iron Justice - Increases your STR by 200 but lowers your direct healing total by 200% for 1 hour. Grants LB Tier 1. CD 36 secs
- SOURCE: Divine Strike - Strike your enemy for 10 x level magic damage. Grants LB Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Holy Weapon - Grants you a melee proc that deals 4 x level magic damage for 1 hour. Grants LB Tier 3. CD 6 secs
- BRACER: Witch Slayer - Grants you 80 INT, 80 Magic Resist and 10% magic damage reduction for 1 hour. Grants LB Tier 4. CD 18 secs
- RING: Death Sentence - Sentence your enemy to death, instantly striking them seven times with two handed slash attacks.
(Gets melee bonuses but does not rely on your equipped weapon.) Grants LB Tier 5. CD 18 secs

NOTE: If you're new to custom servers: This server has custom source which allows STR, DEX, INT, WIS, CHA to modify melee/ranged/song/spell damage,
healing, pet/swarm pet damage etc for each point. If you see a buff above saying it gives 80 INT (WTF for a Paladin) it's also improving your spell damage by 80%.
That 80% in this case would increase Divine Strike and Holy Weapon's damage.

satora54
09-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Hey Drak, it's Vak.
Long time no see.
I would love to see a paladin offensively focused on Sword and board.

Thundering blows: increase damage (to a cap) with each successful bash.

Righteous defense: For the next X amount of seconds, the paladin will block all melee attacks and strike back with a bash.

Holy Fervor: Each successful melee attack would increase the attack speed of the paladin, whilst lowering the cooldown on bash. (Could totally do a flaming fist animation here)

Cull of the Unholy: AOE stun doing X amount of damage to near by enemys and healing the paladin and group.

That's all i got for now, would be cool.

(be sure to bring back the brigand!)

Drakiyth
09-23-2014, 12:42 AM
Hey Drak, it's Vak.
Long time no see.
I would love to see a paladin offensively focused on Sword and board.

Thundering blows: increase damage (to a cap) with each successful bash.

Righteous defense: For the next X amount of seconds, the paladin will block all melee attacks and strike back with a bash.

Holy Fervor: Each successful melee attack would increase the attack speed of the paladin, whilst lowering the cooldown on bash. (Could totally do a flaming fist animation here)

Cull of the Unholy: AOE stun doing X amount of damage to near by enemys and healing the paladin and group.

That's all i got for now, would be cool.

(be sure to bring back the brigand!)

EDIT:

I am still playing around with the Paladin Tank and I'm going to see what I can do to make them unique. I liked the idea of healing aggro but it
might not work without adding threat mods to the spells. I know a lot of players were fans of the Sunbearer path so I might go more that route possibly. I'll figure
it out though when I get some time. (typing this on my phone).

I like your ideas and might use some of them. Bringing the Brigand back or something like it might become a reality. I'll see when I get to that stage of development. I need
to make sure the Paladin is good to go first.

More to come.

Drakiyth
09-25-2014, 12:36 AM
Hello folks,

I know some of you are anxious for an update, so I wanted to let you all know the Paladins are squared
away and I am on to the Shamans. Here is the Spiritmender path, a very unique healer that should prove
to be very useful in any group. Enjoy.

http://i.imgur.com/fW3rbT6.png

• SPIRITMENDER (HEALER)

- EVOLVING PATH BUFF -> Guardian of Spirits (GoS)
- TIER 1: Increases your WIS by 30 for 1 hour.
- TIER 2: Increases your WIS and CHA by 60 for 1 hour.
- TIER 3: Increases your WIS and CHA by 90 and direct heal total by 23% for 1 hour.
- TIER 4: Increases your WIS and CHA by 120, direct heal total by 30% and healing crit by 15% for 1 hour.
- TIER 5: Increases your WIS and CHA by 150, direct heal total by 38% and healing crit by 19% for 1 hour.
Also grants you 150 more CHA.

- CHARM: Healing Totem - Craft a tradeable (LORE/NO RENT) totem that casts unlimited Healing. Grants GoS Tier 1. CD 6 Charm, 18 Totem
- SOURCE: Soul Mending - Heals your group for 300 base healing. Grants GoS Tier 2. CD 18 secs
- EARRING: Winter Totem - Craft a tradeable (LORE/NO RENT) totem that casts unlimited Winter's Roar. Grants GoS Tier 3. CD 6 Charm, 18 Totem
- BRACER: Restore Spirit - Heals a single ally for 600 base healing and restores 600 of your mana. Grants GoS Tier 4. CD 21 secs
- RING: Ritual of Sacrifice - Lowers your STR and WIS by 400, raises your CHA by 200 and raises your group's STR and INT by 200 for 5 minutes. You
may not remove this spell and must wait until it wears off. Grants GoS Tier 5. CD 36 secs

healing, pet/swarm pet damage etc for each point. If you see a buff above saying it gives 200 STR and INT to your group it's also improving their melee and
spell damage by 200%. Please also keep in mind that this server has custom damage/health for NPCs that fit these rules, so don't expect to go around 1 shotting mobs.

lupisnoctum
09-25-2014, 03:34 AM
Love to see a peek at the Beastlord paths. Normally I play a mage, but I've been on a real BL kick lately.

I remember cycling through them all, but never really finding one to really do it for me. Farmed so many of those chunks of meat to change paths it was crazy, lol. As I recall, the Carnalsomething was pretty close to a standard but enhanced BL.

Sorce08
09-25-2014, 06:51 PM
I always wondered if it would be possible to have a proc based rogue that scaled with intelligence or something along those lines. It would be too much to have strong procs as well as the rogue's normal damage, imo, which makes it tough to balance. So I figured on lowering their normal dps and have them rely on their procs. Haven't really given it much thought, but that is something I would certainly have fun with.

Kailow
09-26-2014, 03:15 AM
Drak, I loved the first Varlyndria. The second kinda killed me thinking it was going to be a server where you couldn't do anything without paying. I'm really excited about this, I think you've got an amazing ability to bend the game to your will. I've never seen other servers try to tackle reworking of classes, and I think you do a great job at it.

I can't wait for this.

Drakiyth
09-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Love to see a peek at the Beastlord paths. Normally I play a mage, but I've been on a real BL kick lately.

I remember cycling through them all, but never really finding one to really do it for me. Farmed so many of those chunks of meat to change paths it was crazy, lol. As I recall, the Carnalsomething was pretty close to a standard but enhanced BL.

From here on out I won't be releasing anymore path teasers on this thread. It's almost time to reveal the server! Just a little longer, you can do it! :P

I always wondered if it would be possible to have a proc based rogue that scaled with intelligence or something along those lines. It would be too much to have strong procs as well as the rogue's normal damage, imo, which makes it tough to balance. So I figured on lowering their normal dps and have them rely on their procs. Haven't really given it much thought, but that is something I would certainly have fun with.

I have things set up this time to not be OP with procs. Players can only proc 4 times a minute and the damage is reasonable. I like your idea and
plan to make the DPS path for the rogue have a combo of both DD procs, backstabs and overall melee ass-kicking. You'll see soon enough.

Drak, I loved the first Varlyndria. The second kinda killed me thinking it was going to be a server where you couldn't do anything without paying. I'm really excited about this, I think you've got an amazing ability to bend the game to your will. I've never seen other servers try to tackle reworking of classes, and I think you do a great job at it.

I can't wait for this.

I can't wait to release it! I've been working my tail off on this server, making sure it's perfect for a solid launch. The fact there will be no more donation drama since everything is going to be cosmetic will be the best thing I've ever done. I want everybody to feel welcome. Thanks for the support!