PDA

View Full Version : EQAwakened - Official Release

Splose
07-24-2014, 06:29 AM
EQAwakened is now officially open for play.

We learned a lot from our prolonged beta and we're officially opening our doors for good. Here's a list of our features:

Recommended Client - Underfoot

Account Based Progression - Your account originally starts in Classic.. If you complete the progression task for Classic then any existing or future characters on your account then have access to Kunark.
Epic 0.5s - We've implemented a customized epic 0.5 quest involving a few nostalgic bosses in Classic.
Customized Gear Sets - Each expansion's gear sets have been outfitted with customized focuses and worn effects. With the exception of the Kunark sets.
Lenient Expansion Restrictions - All classes/races are unlocked and available to play, AA's are also available to be purchased as well. We want to bring a nostalgic feel to the game but keep some of the luxuries in it as well.
Customized Hub Zone - We have a hub zone available along with a buffer and teleporter. The buffer will always give buffs slightly lower than your level. This is to encourage the play of the classes the actually have those buffs.
Class Charms - Each class receives a unique charm to highlight their strengths and further define their class.
Diablo Aug Loot - All mobs in the game drop augments.. all augments in the game can fit in any slot.
Active Development Team - Myself and my team members are on every day interacting with players and testing out latest changes.
Stable and Lag-Free Environment - Many thanks to Akkadius.

FAQ:

Q: Where did Diablo Loot go?
A: As of right now Diablo Loot is disabled.. In the near future there will be fully customized zones that will take advantage of the system but as of right now it doesn't fit with our progression route.

Q: Can I box or use MQ2?
A: There is no boxing limit on the server and the use of MQ2 is allowed, however.. AFK farming is highly frowned upon.

Q: Can I solo?
A: Depending on your class you can solo much easier than normally - Content has been scaled back a fair amount. Progression bosses are designed to require 3-5 people to take down depending on your group composition.

Q: What is the planned progression route as of right now?
A: Classic -> Kunark -> Velious -> Luclin -> PoP -> Omens of War -> DoN -> Customized Content.
To expand on this a little once you have completed PoP you will have access to all expansions up to Omens of War... LoY and GoD will be accessible but will not be given much attention to.

Our website is: http://www.eqawakened.com
Our files required to play the game are located here: Click Me! (http://eqawakened.com/forums/showthread.php?127-Getting-Started)

Any questions are welcome and I hope to see some of you in-game!

colossus
07-24-2014, 10:53 AM
This looks very cool. Is the content available for up to OoW?

Splose
07-24-2014, 09:21 PM
This looks very cool. Is the content available for up to OoW?

As of right now we're currently working on Luclin.. Players just broke into Kunark so we're pretty far ahead of the playerbase in getting things together.

vsab
07-25-2014, 04:55 AM
Did you do a wipe before the official release? You've got your work cut out to keep up if your players completed EQ Classic in one day...

Splose
07-25-2014, 06:09 AM
Did you do a wipe before the official release? You've got your work cut out to keep up if your players completed EQ Classic in one day...

The servers been open for play for about a week and a half by now.. I wanted to make sure everything was working as intended before I advertised the server as being open.

surf3001x
07-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Classic is easy for some, difficult for others, depends on your class comp and if you're attempting to solo or not.

Kunark is a bit tougher.

Velious you have to have 5 or more characters to win some fights.

Luclin will be the same way.

ajstyles65
09-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Im sorry but this server is prob one of the worst ive ever played not only is the community filled with bunch of teens who disrespect others but there is no gm support what so ever. Plenty of bugs to be fixed yet none of em ever gets fixed. Then when you contact a GM in game he simple does laps around the hub zone and ignores you. I would suggest others to look elsewhere for a server because this one is not fun.

Secrets
09-09-2014, 01:37 AM
Then when you contact a GM in game he simple does laps around the hub zone and ignores you.

You mean to tell me there's a server out where an administrator DOESN'T do this?

vsab
09-09-2014, 04:05 AM
You mean to tell me there's a server out where an administrator DOESN'T do this?

Classy GM's do laps whilst ducking.

Cfuson
09-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I was actually thinking about playing this server till i saw the donation page.

Facepalm, this is THF 2.0

Not saying thats a bad thing but with donation weps it generally means Pay 2 Win.

houdeano
09-10-2014, 03:38 AM
I was actually thinking about playing this server till i saw the donation page.

Facepalm, this is THF 2.0

Not saying thats a bad thing but with donation weps it generally means Pay 2 Win.

Firstly, try it out before you make judgement, You don't notice that some one has donated, as donation rewards generally help you out rather than make you the best.

Secondly, I have yet to see a donator weapon, they are in the works and from what I have gathered they will not be OP, just in line with the best weapons in that era you are unlocked into, just with your personalisation.

If you neec any more info, feel free to PM me or /tell Infecta in game

I am not a GM/Dev but I have played the server for some time now.

Splose
09-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Ehh.. It hasn't exactly been a secret that the servers been on a bit of a hiatus while I deal with some personal issues. You'd probably know this if you bothered to head on over to the server forums that are advertised in numerous global announcements. The tone of your message is pretty bitchy in general so once things get back up to speed I'll probably continue to ignore you.

Also Donator weapons aren't gamebreaking.. Most things you can attain via donations are simply quality of life or cosmetic with the exception of a few things. On the other side of the coin, I've spent countless hours developing this FREE server that you have the option to play on. If any server on the list wants to give rewards for donating who are you to turn your nose up at it.. Come spend hours fixing broken progression events and dealing with player issues every day for me and I'll take them down.

This response is probably more attitude-driven than it should be. But in the course of running this server I sat online for 8+ hours at a time daily running through issues, providing fixes and implementing new things. I turned my back and completely ignored the people around me that I care about most and that's not something I'm willing to continue for this server. Things are slowly getting back to normal and most issues will be fixed by tomorrow morning.. My activity will be back to what it used to be soon enough.