PDA

View Full Version : Where has alakamin been

Davood
07-28-2014, 02:03 PM
actually its been available in the server list

as per

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?p=232272#post232272

there were some bugs recently discovered, I have fixed them. I am now "back on the horse" in terms of eqemu development so i will be updating this server again! yey to all of you sick masochistic dungeon crawling fans out there.

those of you who had failed item summons might find alot of stuff jammed onto their cursors when they log in. please dont be alarmed..

wolfwalkereci
07-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Why the **** did you need to make a new thread the second you finished posting some stupid shit in the other, especially since both are talking about the same thing.

boweq
07-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Cant seem to use #help, so cant summon bots, Seems my old pally there is unbugged and can Log him back, can you do a character inventory swap like you did when he was bugged?, Nuano into mycom thanks:) Missed the server, it needs a healthy population again

Davood
07-28-2014, 05:03 PM
if the information is truly redundant - you have my most humble apology. i'm too lazy to self moderate though so you'll have to report me for abusing the messageboards.

Davood
07-28-2014, 05:08 PM
mr boweq.

#help is broken? interesting.

aha i found out why.

the help min level was changed somehow. maybe i did it

ill fix it.

aside from help, the following commands are available to all users:

version
bugtrack
melody
uptime
peqzone
mystats
help (will be available after server is reset next time at 5 am tommorrow)
bot

aleution
07-30-2014, 07:00 PM
I second boweq's issue with the bots. It seems that the bot command is not working so can't spawn bots and so on. I don't know if like help this got a level set by accident or what.

Just wanted to make you aware.

Also the healer mercenary just continually spams heals on you even when you are at full health. I've seen this issue before but don't know if there is an easy fix for it.

Davood
07-30-2014, 07:30 PM
the bot problem should be resolved tommorrow

i'm not familiar with mercenaries. they added that feature while i was on "passive maintenance" mode on the server. I can look at them sometime soon.

boweq
08-05-2014, 07:19 AM
we need people playing on this server:),
Any new people, that start on the server or even if your in the first few tiers, I will personally do a run though Vt for gear for people:),

lets get a thrieiving Server population running again, Im on Tier 7 myself,

aleution
08-06-2014, 07:52 AM
I was playing last night with a friend and we were working on Kunark progression. I am curious as to how the progression tasks get the update flags because:

We killed Queen in Chardok, he got credit, I didn't.
We killed King in Chardok, both got credit.
We killed VS in Karnor's, he got credit, I did not.

We were grouped together so it wasn't a matter of the group that got experience got credit. These aren't difficult targets and I'll go back and kill them again, however was curious as to if this happens often so we know for the future.

Davood
08-06-2014, 05:11 PM
that is a strange problem aleution

to assist you.

let me ask

1. you were grouped in both cases right?
2. you both had THAT stage of the task open for completion right? (I think everything after a certain tier lets you complete out of order).
3. I wonder if having aggro makes a difference. I will test later if inactive group members get credit. I am 100% sure they did when i was doing the development work last year.
4. thank you for being specific in your problem report.. i can investigate those specific task/activities/npcs

i'm willing to bet that it is "fine" but something related to the ridiculous amount of background scripts that are running was causing the server to "phayl" somehow. it's happened before. When i have time to develop again - i will probably spend a good chunk of time re writing those background nasty spawn handling scripts.

aleution
08-06-2014, 07:36 PM
We were grouped together for all three kills.

For the Queen and King in Chardok it was exactly the same group, same bots, same mercs same leader, we didn't disband just moved over to the next.

For VS in Karnor's I was group leader, using same two merc and using same two bots (both mine). I know that I had aggro on VS at one point, but not sure who he was focused on at time of kill.

I thought that Kunark tier could be completed out of order. It was the first kill of each for each of us.

Davood
08-06-2014, 08:09 PM
were all of the other tasks up to that point working properly for your group?

nenelan
08-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Mercs, I believe, is the issue. I have seen this on another server. 2 players, their mercs and however many bots starts going wonky. It's at least a place to start looking at.

aleution
08-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Those were the only ones we had tried last night, however all the Tier 1 Tasks, Naggy, Vox, and the Plane of Fear golems had worked just fine in a group configuration.

Thorkinal
08-07-2014, 06:07 AM
Might just be me, but im showing all the charm augs as having spell haste.. And the Charms themselves have either spell haste or improved dmg 5.

Davood
08-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Might just be me, but im showing all the charm augs as having spell haste.. And the Charms themselves have either spell haste or improved dmg 5.

I will clean that up soon. likely this year!

just a note for some of the focii if you see some other weirdness its not obvious but the focii on this server are x2 to x10 as effective as vanilla (for damage and healing), that only needs to be done on the server. I have been careful to keep my modifications to serverside only.

xebec
08-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Fix Tier18!

Nor being to progress is very vexing.

Leetsauce
08-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Have to give a proper shoutout to Dav00d. Anything this guy puts his hands to is amazing. He even went way out of his way to help me with my very own server. =)

That said, I never made it too far on his server, but believe you me there is enough content there to keep you occupied and having fun.

troylus
08-18-2014, 12:55 AM
Davood just want to say this server is extremely well made! I absolutely LOVE the monster race changers. Wondering why most players don't use them, even just for bots :P

Aviak has some pretty neat skills.

Davood
08-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Thanks guys

So.. Please tell me what is wrong with tier 18.. I'm home until October recovering from surgery so I will be polishing stuff until then.

xebec
08-18-2014, 06:24 PM
Hey Davood

aye, tier 18 problem is basically the quest is asking for Althea in Solteris rather than Althea in Dreadspire

and a big thanks for the server from me, it is definitely the most well put together one I've played on.

Davood
08-19-2014, 12:06 AM
oh stroking my ego.. you and i both nkow that the Lore of the server pretty much turns from story based progression to very light hinting as to what the story is about after tier 7 .

i consider it "arcade game" story telling. you get 1 line of text from an npc then you go slaughter 1000s of npcs and complete bunch of auto quests and return for line 2.

i understand what the problem is with the tier 18 quest - thank you that is an easy one to fix.

i will evaluate teh althea and fix the npc ids for the task list. this should be done in the next 24 hours. i am on my pc an hour or two at a time(recovering from double inguinal hernia surgury). its getting better. i should be fully cave-troll-computer mode by friday.

Davood
08-20-2014, 01:09 AM
ok althea has been fixed. had it looking in the wrong zone as you said :)

aleution
08-20-2014, 08:45 AM
It's great to see people noting issues and them getting fixed. In addition, it has been great to see people playing. There are new folks logging in, old folks coming back. There are people around and willing to help others who get stuck on parts of progression.

Good times.

Davood
08-20-2014, 01:33 PM
i have done something bad

i have made a skills file for the resources folder.. so that people can properly level up to 100 and enjoy the skills

I will provide this soon.. just watch the MOTD :P

troylus
09-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Is Alakamin down?

don't see it on the server list. thanks

Davood
09-07-2014, 08:02 PM
sorry about that.

i did an unscheduled dust cleaning today during "working hours" :)

Casey4
09-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Moldavius! Long time no see!

Ridikulus here

troylus
09-08-2014, 11:13 PM
when will it be back up? still don't see it on server list :P too excited to get back on

Davood
09-09-2014, 08:16 PM
holy crap its ridikulus rapist the craziest bard on the planet ever to exist.

Davood
09-09-2014, 08:17 PM
oh

didn't know server was off

oh shit - we had a power outtage

server is on now will be online in a few minutes

takes a while to load hundreds of static zones hehee