PDA

View Full Version : DeleteItemInInventory question

Mortow
08-22-2014, 09:56 PM
The Perl command $client->DeleteItemInInventory has three qualifiers after it. Slot_id, quantity, and client_update. The first two are self explanatory but what do you use for the third one to have it remove the item from inventory immediately?

Thanks,
Mortow

Kingly_Krab
08-22-2014, 10:34 PM
client_update is a bool, so you can use 0 or 1. I've noticed weirdness with 'true' and 'false', so use 0 for 'false' and 1 for 'true'.

Uleat
08-22-2014, 10:46 PM
The 'client_update' signifies whether to send the client an 'update' packet.

Either way, the result is immediate server-side.

In this example: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/compare/trade_stacking#diff-feabe7a2f711500ceca8b7b663c1012bR328

..the PutItemInInventory() call is followed by a SendItemPacket() call...

Had I made it 'PutItemInInventory(free_slot, *inst, true);' I could have avoided the extra command.

You really have to know what you're doing when using dealing with inventory shuffling, or you could end up with major desync's :mad:

Hopefully, the new system will be a little more intuitive :smile:

Mortow
08-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Thank you both for your answers. I have tried a 1 for true in it but the item remains in inventory until you pick it up then I get a sync message and the item disappears from my cursor. Is this normal or have I hosed something somewhere?

Uleat
08-22-2014, 11:41 PM
I was going to post an example..but, I couldn't find one for either put or delete in the scripts...

I don't want to speculate..but, it almost looks like the usage requires something else.

Kingly posted this in chat..

Perl_croak(aTHX_ "Usage: Client::DeleteItemInInventory(THIS, slot_id, quantity= 0, client_update= false)");

It almost looks like your should use quest::DeleteItemInInventory($client, slot_id, quantity, bool); - or however perl does it.

I just dunno :mad:

Noren
01-29-2015, 01:53 AM
Bit of a thread necro, but to clarify for others:

In Perl...
$client->DeleteItemInInventory(252, 0, 1);
Will delete ALL of the item found in slot 252.

$client->DeleteItemInInventory(252, 1, 1);
Will delete 1 of the item found in slot 252.

For me, the client updates immediately when I use 1 for the last argument. Hope that helps!