PDA

View Full Version : TkonEmpire - New Solo Server

Portal63
09-20-2014, 08:49 AM
I recently created the TkonEmpire server and am in the process of tuning it to be soloable. I'm not making it simple, so you'll still have to level, gear up, and get AA to defeat all content.

I'm going to be adding additional NPCs, merchants, and quests in the coming days, and will be setting up a message board this weekend for the server.

Look for us on the login server list. I'll be submitting a request today to have us added to the server list on the EQEmulator webpage as well.

Until the message board is up, feel free to leave comments on this thread.

Thanks!

Portal63
09-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Back up now. =)

xebec
09-20-2014, 07:35 PM
very slow regen and my gate clicky thing vanished

fun so far tho

ED: yeah, ok, adding in interrupts and corpse runs its not that fun at all for a cleric

Portal63
09-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Fixed the starting item. There is an NPC in the guild lobby that will give you a replacement. For anyone who still has theirs, it'll automatically be fixed when you log back on.

Increased regen rates a bit as well.

The interrupts could be a factor of rapid leveling and low skill levels. However, this is a work in progress so things will change as time goes on. I'm going to be making many more adjustments, so we'll see how things settle out.

xebec
09-21-2014, 08:52 AM
in combat regen seems fine, out of combat it's a bit painful (6mins 0m to fm for me) but I understand high ooc regen is not for everyone.

mob regen is pretty high too, not unsual to see things go up 20% a tick

still having fun!

Portal63
09-21-2014, 11:28 AM
The mob regen rate looks high because of their reduced hitpoints. =)

I will be tweaking weapon damages over the next few days to help balance for melee. Right now, monsters will hit for their normal damage and at their normal rate (which will also need to be changed as well).

I may never get it truly soloable for every class, so feel free to multi-box if you want. I'm going for an eventual balance where you can solo or multi-box with one or two other characters, while still keeping it challenging enough to give a sense of enjoyment.

jdoran
09-21-2014, 11:31 AM
How do you access this server?

tmoney2983
09-21-2014, 03:24 PM
How do you access this server?

same here...been looking for another solo-type server to play on with the ability to do regular progression (Classic, Kunark, Velious, etc)

Portal63
09-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Connect to the Emu's login server and scroll down until you see the Tkon Empire on the list. =)

It isn't anywhere near as tuned as Irreverent's server because he had a few years to work things out, but I'm considering a few changes that might help with balance. Going to look at implementing those this week.

sculler
09-22-2014, 03:21 PM
There are some serious issues with zones not being available. I get a message quite frequently when using #peqzone that the zone isn't ready. Also, there is a 5 minute reuse delay on #peqzone, and this get's triggered even when you get the 'zone isnt ready' message.

My mage is currently in Firiona Vie and can't login - says 'That zone is unavailable' on the character login screen.

Please fix the zone issue(s).
Please fix the #peqzone reuse timer/issue.

Thanks!

Portal63
09-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Sorry about that. Hadn't updated the dynamic zones count. I also adjusted the peqzone timer.

Fixed now.

sculler
09-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Thanks.

World server just crashed.

Portal63
09-22-2014, 03:41 PM
And fixing a few more issues. My new dynamic zones count appears to be breaking things. =P

Portal63
09-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Forum is up at http://tkonempire.net/

runclimbrepeat
10-09-2014, 05:45 PM
I assume one has to use the original spell files and such? not the ones we may have written over for other servers...

Jahosphat
11-05-2014, 05:20 PM
does the server have bots enabled? or is there a rules sheet somewhere?

rdnck
11-17-2014, 04:07 PM
...The server is down...has been for most of the morning...and the website is down as well.../sigh... :(

Silentrath
11-18-2014, 04:15 PM
I think Portal shutdown the server. Didn't respond to my PM's on the website.

down2earth
11-18-2014, 05:49 PM
And I just started few days earlier on that server.

It's sad how short lifespan these solo servers have here :(
I just moved over from FoH server. FoH server is online but no more work will be
put into it.

So I have to ask. How much would it cost me to rent a server to house a solo server with
aprox 30-50 chars running total on rush hour monthly? Anyone have an slightest
idea or information where it would be best to do this? (which company? and aprox cost?).

Furniture
11-18-2014, 06:57 PM
And I just started few days earlier on that server.

It's sad how short lifespan these solo servers have here :(
I just moved over from FoH server. FoH server is online but no more work will be
put into it.

So I have to ask. How much would it cost me to rent a server to house a solo server with
aprox 30-50 chars running total on rush hour monthly? Anyone have an slightest
idea or information where it would be best to do this? (which company? and aprox cost?).

Ive used servermania.com for a virtual server and had a great experience with them. It costs roughly around $50 a month for what your asking. If you go with a physical server somewhere the costs will be more.

rdnck
11-19-2014, 11:02 AM
...I started there * the day before it was shutdown, * so I didn't have a lot of time and energy invested into my character, but I'm getting rilly tired of starting to work on toons on a server, and suddenly the server either disappears, or the person running it decides to change directions with their vision, and wipes everyone out. And THEN they want to piss and moan because they can't maintain a server population? pffft...check the way you treat your playerbase before you start whining... o.O

down2earth
11-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Server is UP!

AWESOME! Thanks for the work Portal!

From Portal63!
My apologies for the extended downtime. Several things occurred at the worst possible time and the server going down was one of them. It took some time to straighten things out to the point where I could bring the server back online.

Again, my sincere apologies for the outage.

Drajor
11-20-2014, 12:26 PM
I don't even play on this server but I am glad things have worked out. Obviously people were enjoying the server :)

jcrazy
01-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Is the server down or dead? I am new to this server this week. I went to Tkonempire.net and Portal has this statement "My apologies, but the server will be offline for the foreseeable future. I simply don't have the time to maintain and update the server or content, and letting the server continue to stagnate is not fair to you as players."

I hope it's not dead I was having so much fun. If there is anything we can do to help let us know.

Portal63
01-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Based on feedback I'm bringing it back online. The honest truth is that I just haven't had time to keep up on the server, but if folks are still enjoying the content as it is, and as it probably will be for a while to come, then I'm absolutely happy to keep it running.

Server is back up.

jcrazy
01-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Thanks Portal. I really am enjoying the server. If there is anyway I can assist to help ease the burden financially or other ways let me know. I have tried setting up a similar server but could never figure it out so I appreciate your work.

I genuinely appreciate you listening to feedback. This server is bringing back so many memories of Irreverant!

Portal63
01-12-2015, 10:46 PM
Power issues. Probably down until tomorrow. Power company is working the outage

jcrazy
01-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Thanks Portal!

Portal63
01-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Power is back on. Server up.

Portal63
01-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Power is back on. Server up.

One other note. I'm also going to patch to the latest code this weekend which will enable RoF support.

jcrazy
01-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Great news. Thanks for everything you are doing Portal. I am having lots of fun and appreciate you running this server for us.

Portal63
01-17-2015, 10:44 AM
Updated to add RoF support for the current steam client and doing some general patching on the server.

Cathululock
01-20-2015, 10:49 PM
i can not join your forums (it never sends me the confirmation email)

can this server be soloed without bots/boxing? I don't like to use those. also what sort of new items are there?

Portal63
01-22-2015, 08:57 AM
i can not join your forums (it never sends me the confirmation email)

can this server be soloed without bots/boxing? I don't like to use those. also what sort of new items are there?

Send me your account's name and I'll activate it.

Items are fairly standard until you get to hate, and then I used the diablo loot generator for those drops. Some custom items are available for purchase as well.

Soloing is viable as I cranked the difficulty down a good bit. There are no bots currently on the server.

sculler
01-25-2015, 12:18 PM
Portal,

When you get time, can you please activate my forum account as well? I sent you a PM.

Thanks!

Portal63
01-26-2015, 11:58 AM
Fixed. Server is back online.

Camdella
01-27-2015, 09:23 PM
Appreciate the work that you have done Portal to allow us to enjoy EQ some once again. I am currently just taking my time and playing through some of the content and am working on POP progression but when I finish with the Trial of Stoning in Justice there are no 'Marks' that drop to finish that flag. If you happen to be able to fix that sometime I would appreciate it.

Portal63
01-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Appreciate the work that you have done Portal to allow us to enjoy EQ some once again. I am currently just taking my time and playing through some of the content and am working on POP progression but when I finish with the Trial of Stoning in Justice there are no 'Marks' that drop to finish that flag. If you happen to be able to fix that sometime I would appreciate it.

So... The only Emu supported trials are Flame and Execution. The other trials have been created by folks, but are (for the most part), broken.

The upside is that you only need one trial.

Camdella
01-31-2015, 02:01 PM
Arrrgggg I was so hoping to see the Kerafyr (or however it is spelled) inside Sleepers Tomb. Did he ever exist on this server or has he been awakened by someone already. If so would it be possible for you to add him back in and maybe make him a regular spawn so others have a chance to see him. I was never able to see him on live servers. If you just don't have to the time I understand. Still many thanks for the server.

MrDali
05-11-2015, 05:31 AM
What happened to Tkon Empire ?

rdnck
05-14-2015, 08:51 PM
What happened to Tkon Empire ?

...no clue, it's been gone for weeks now.../sigh...:x