PDA

View Full Version : Bard bot not singing combat songs

NickW
10-14-2014, 02:47 PM
My bard bot is level 32.

He'll sing hymn of restoration, cassindra's chorus, psalm of vitality and anthem de arms while out of combat. Which is fine.

While in combat, he only sings hymn of restoration and cassindra's chorus.. No matter how many different fights I try. No matter how long I wait. He refuses to sing anything else in combat. Just those two songs over and over.

As soon as I leave combat. He immediately goes back to singing hymn of restoration, cassindra's chorus, psalm of vitality and anthem de arms..

How do I get him to sing all four in a fight? :confused:

Uleat
10-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Are you using up-to-date source and data?

Badcaptain and I have made changes to the way that bard bots use songs in the past.

There are a lot of factors that go into what song is played and it's just possible that you're in the level range of a few songs
with cast/recast timer anomalies..especially if they're in the healing rotation... (I can't remember atm if they are put in or not...)

If you are up-to-date, let me know and I'll see if I can't trace this to a cause/reason.

NickW
10-15-2014, 09:26 AM
Are you using up-to-date source and data?

Badcaptain and I have made changes to the way that bard bots use songs in the past.

There are a lot of factors that go into what song is played and it's just possible that you're in the level range of a few songs
with cast/recast timer anomalies..especially if they're in the healing rotation... (I can't remember atm if they are put in or not...)

If you are up-to-date, let me know and I'll see if I can't trace this to a cause/reason.

Unfortunately it's not the level range.

1-5 he sings nothing in combat at all.
6-19 he only sings Hymn of Restoration in combat.
20-31 he only sings Hymn of Restoration and Chant of Clarity in combat.
32-33 he only sings Hymn of Restoration and Chorus of Clarity in combat.
34-54 he only sings Cantata of Soothing in combat.

After that it's the Cantata/Chorus line of songs. All the bard bots will sing in combat are the health/mana regeneration songs. Nothing else. Out of combat they'll sing fight songs, AC songs, overhaste, resist songs, etc.. But, they just let those fade immediately when combat starts. Shouldn't it be the other way around? They sing only regen out of combat and everything else in combat? :confused:

My database/everything is less than 3 months old.

Edit: I can upload a video showing what I am talking about with multiple level ranges if that will help?

Furniture
10-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Did you add the npcspell entry for the song you want it to play?

NickW
10-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Did you add the npcspell entry for the song you want it to play?

You mean in the database? Their songs are already in there for the bots. Most of their songs have higher priority than their regen songs.

Uleat
10-15-2014, 11:14 PM
You 'may' be having issues with songs landing...

If you have an enchanter and/or shaman in your group..or have combat procs that may interfere with certain songs..have you tried
looking into these types of conflicts?

The previous problem with certain songs was that their recast delay/buff duration were both 0 and that song was always available
as a priority 1 during the next spell casting cycle.

That should be addressed though, by this: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob/master/zone/botspellsai.cpp#L923

NatedogEZ
10-15-2014, 11:26 PM
Change the spellset for the combat buffs from 8 (normal buff) to 1024 (combat buff)

On my test server I just changed every spell that was type 8 on spellset 711 (bardbot spellset) to 1024 and they work fairly decently :)

NickW
10-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Change the spellset for the combat buffs from 8 (normal buff) to 1024 (combat buff)

On my test server I just changed every spell that was type 8 on spellset 711 (bardbot spellset) to 1024 and they work fairly decently :)

That fixed it! Thanx much for the help! :D

Uleat
10-16-2014, 06:08 PM
There is always this:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob/master/utils/sql/git/optional/2013_10_12_Bot_Bard_OOC_Songs.sql

:)