PDA

View Full Version : Scorpious2k Server

Scorpious2k
11-01-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm bored, things are pretty quiet on EQEmu right now.

So I was curious, does anyone remember the Scorpious2k Server? Or any of the clones: Gothic Circle, Squeeker, or Dark Realm?

Did you ever play on any of them? Is there anyone around who was a Guide or GM on any of them?

Am I the only old timer left?

Secrets
11-01-2014, 08:55 PM
I'm bored, things are pretty quiet on EQEmu right now.

So I was curious, does anyone remember the Scorpious2k Server? Or any of the clones: Gothic Circle, Squeeker, or Dark Realm?

Did you ever play on any of them? Is there anyone around who was a Guide or GM on any of them?

Am I the only old timer left?

Yup! Sure do. I'm sure Rogean does as well, he was around that era I believe.

I was pretty young as i'm 23 right now, probably was 14-15 when I played on s2k. Time flies.

Scorpious2k
11-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Yup! Sure do. I'm sure Rogean does as well, he was around that era I believe.

I was pretty young as i'm 23 right now, probably was 14-15 when I played on s2k. Time flies.

It sure does! It's been 11 years since we originally brought it up. Of course I was NEVER young (at least not since the dinosaurs went extinct) but Dindoleki and Myra (my twins who worked on the server) started when they were 12 and are now about the same age as you.

They both graduate from college next month. Like you said, time flies.

bufferofnewbies
11-02-2014, 12:29 AM
I remember gating up to join Gothic Circle right after a zone had been updated. I rushed in and decide to kick the mob with my ranger Camean (just for laughs). I ended up KSing the boss from GC. :D

over 1M damage and an immediate zone crash later, I soon discovered that was my first introduction to over-cap errors.

Sorce08
11-02-2014, 11:25 PM
I definitely remember your S2k server. I had a lot of fun and was quite addicted. I'm pretty sure I put more time on that server than all the other ones through the years. Of course that has a little to do with now having a family and a career, haha. If you ever bring that back I will certainly be checking it out, along with some of my friends that played with me back then, I'm sure.

One of the last memories I have is the PvP event you put on when that geared rogue (can't remember his name) and I went at it for a while.

Maze_EQ
11-03-2014, 08:07 AM
I remember this server.

Name was Shocking Lobsters....
I miss s2k.

Amra
11-03-2014, 12:36 PM
I spent some time on S2k. Thanks for the flashbacks =)

Scorpious2k
11-03-2014, 05:43 PM
As far as I know, we were the only server shut down by a cease and desist from Sony...

Iromnically, I heard recently that they had a zone reminiscent of one of ours - one that was "fairy tale" themed. Although I doubt they added the "magic mushroom" drops that we had in our zone (you ate one and it gave you buffs of one kind or another, not what YOU are thinking... shame on yuo!)

Secrets
11-03-2014, 06:48 PM
As far as I know, we were the only server shut down by a cease and desist from Sony...

Winter's Roar was forced to change their name (to Shards of Dalaya) and flee the states hosting wise, if I remember correctly.

robert19
11-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Hello Scorp,
I remember S2K, it was my favorite server. I was a world-builder on S2K and the creator of "Dark Realm". Was nice to read your post, it made me flash back to all the fun I had on your server. Good times.

I've been dying to put together a custom EQEMU server, I miss it.

I'm going to drop you an email so we can catch up.

I played Truenote / Nazareth and Linolian on S2K server.

Scorpious2k
11-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Winter's Roar was forced to change their name (to Shards of Dalaya) and flee the states hosting wise, if I remember correctly.

I stand corrected. You're right, I had forgotten about that. So that makes us a member of an elite club of two.

Scorpious2k
11-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I played Truenote / Nazareth and Linolian on S2K server.

It's been a while since we talked. Good to see you still around.

It's really exciting to hear from everyone! Talk about flashbacks and good memories!

Rorn99
11-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Jesus the memories, Gothic Circle. Wonder what those scrubs are up to these days.
And yeah GMed when it was handed over to Cisco or w/e his name was and became Squeeker. Playin zerker there before it became cool lol.
(If only I remembered the password to my old on these forums or even had the email anymore lol)

J3wish
11-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Why not bring it back out to play? After seeing all these comments it seems like this was the place to be. Need some new flavor to the server list.

Scorpious2k
11-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Why not bring it back out to play? After seeing all these comments it seems like this was the place to be. Need some new flavor to the server list.

Funny you should say that! I was approached by a couple of former S2Kers about bringing it back, as a "Scorpious2k: The Next Generation" server. I was curious if anyone even remembered us.

On the technical side, I do have the server working with the original DB, and up. No one knows it's there of course, it's just for my testing.

Minluin
11-05-2014, 06:54 PM
It would be really awesome to see S2k back! My brother and I both played on it way back when and had multiple level 130 characters. His toon name was Derty and mine was Ondariel, a beastlord and a mage.

Was really fun camping for all the different epics and the excitement when Lord Snare actually dropped the CH shield and not the other one with the same icon.

Mexen
11-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Was just breezing through to see if any new servers have popped up and found your post! S2k was my first server on the emu waaaay back. Loved it. Can't for the life of me think of my characters names but I remember having a pretty awesome SK. Good to see your doing well Scorp!

Leetsauce
11-19-2014, 11:43 AM
I remember farming Uqua for elemental gear with a rogue and a Wizard. I don't think I ever successfully got the Wizard epic, but I do remember farming that big ass skelly in the old school tutorial for awhile. I want to say this is probably the very first EqEmu server I ever played on.

P.s. bring this back imo. Would be fun and good for the nostalgic feels

PlumbGame
11-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Played the crap out of S2K. I can't remember my characters names. I just know that me and my little bro talk about it all the time. I remember when the server went down and it was a sad day. I think I might of had the most geared warrior? Can't remember, last thing I remember is I was constantly camping an aug in Highkeep and occasionally killing a boss in tacvi. I think something was being implemented in PoJ, but really can't remember sadly.

Sadly, I couldn't nor probably wouldn't play on s2k unless it was up to date, but I also don't know if that would break anything because I also remember the most efficient (only? I was 13/14 at the time, so maybe I didn't know better) to kill stuff was either get that range item that you could perma stun stuff with or fear with a bard.

Scorpious2k
11-21-2014, 09:57 PM
Sadly, I couldn't nor probably wouldn't play on s2k unless it was up to date, but I also don't know if that would break anything because I also remember the most efficient (only? I was 13/14 at the time, so maybe I didn't know better) to kill stuff was either get that range item that you could perma stun stuff with or fear with a bard.

As I said earlier, I do have the DB largely up to date and use the UF client to go in and test it...

Those old timers who were trying to talk me into bringing the server back and are supposed to be helping have gone MIA. I was hoping to run into some of our staff from the old days here. But it hasn't really happened.

I have a website started (http://scorpious2k.tk) and some work done on the server, but it's really too big a job for just me alone.

Where's MattMeck when you need him? :) Actually I know where is he and what he is up to. But he's a busy guy.

EDUARTE
11-22-2014, 09:32 PM
So i was just thinking how i wanted to play some EQEmu for old times sakes. remembered specifically about s2k and wuaalahh i is here!!!
put er up and bring back the fun times :) we are waiting for you ;p

EDIT: Ah i see, well best wishes to you and hope people gather up to bring this beauty up again :)

best wishes,

Magic1DURR

Trudge34
11-24-2014, 11:03 PM
It would be really awesome to see S2k back! My brother and I both played on it way back when and had multiple level 130 characters. His toon name was Derty and mine was Ondariel, a beastlord and a mage.

Was really fun camping for all the different epics and the excitement when Lord Snare actually dropped the CH shield and not the other one with the same icon.

Hey Danny! :)

Loved playing on S2K man. Was wondering if someone might revive it, probably spent the most time on it next to SoD.

Scorpious2k
12-20-2014, 08:37 PM
I thought I would share this with everyone from the old days. I'm sure you remember Dindoleki from the server. Tark on EQEmu. He is my son. Last week he graduated from FSU.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. 4.0 GPA!

Kingly_Krab
12-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Congratulations Scorpius, you must be proud!

nenelan
12-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Congratulations to your son!

Scorpious2k
12-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Congratulations Scorpius, you must be proud!

Thanks. I am proud, but have always been proud of both him and his twin sister.

Most people didn't realize he had just turned 13 when we worked out this. (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11730)

Kingly_Krab
12-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Awesome, I wasn't aware of how young he was at the time.

ghanja
12-22-2014, 01:57 AM
I thought I would share this with everyone from the old days. I'm sure you remember Dindoleki from the server. Tark on EQEmu. He is my son. Last week he graduated from FSU.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. 4.0 GPA!

Congratulations proud papa and to your son!

Now, since no one has said it yet....

Go Noles! Time to go Duck hunting.

Waksmak
01-08-2015, 12:01 AM
S2K was by the far the most enjoyable EQ experience I had outside of Live. It was the first emu server I played on, and I have kept a copy of titanium on hand for over a decade in hopes that it will come back!

Played a ranger named Naelaes who found the ranger mob in PoEarth B with the 2 super swords, I remember soloing Mattmeck in miragul's and getting immediately nerfed.. sad days :(

Lysty
01-15-2015, 11:12 AM
I have been searching for this server again for years, a friend and I always talk about it when we get on to talking about EQ. I spent alot of time on the server, I had a 130 Iksar Monk called Tatsumaru, I would mostly be found in the new plane of Hate zone with Unholycow farming new armor, I was a member of Gothic Circle. I would love to play this again, are there any clones (incase Scorp2k isn't being revived)?

Scorpious2k
01-16-2015, 12:11 AM
I am kinda-sorta working on it as I can. A little problem with the heat synch on my laptop left me working with an innovative new kind of computer that looks like this:

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz22/Scorpious2k/laptop2.jpg

My desktop needs at least a new motherboard and possibly a cpu/fan so it isn't much help. :P

Personally I think the laptop demonstrates some real creativity... and it works!

Work is slow. Be patient. Hopefully when it is done, it will work with the UF client (Ok, I admit it, it already does). We also have a website at http://scorpious2k.tk which a few clever people located in spite of the fact I thought it was a secret.

Lysty
01-16-2015, 06:44 AM
Amazing! I will keep checking back here every day. Love the rig btw :) :)

Scorpious2k
01-17-2015, 09:04 PM
Checking here probably isn't he best place, if anything is happening it will show up on our website first - like when I open it up for alpha testing I will reveal the "secret name" it is running under for testing.

As for the "rig"... it may not be pretty but it works for now. The sound of the fan blowing onto the CPU and GPU can be distracting and makes using the built in mic impossible.

HolyCow
01-19-2015, 12:23 PM
I remember S2K. I played when I had an old athlon processor and I had my bots always facing the floor on 0 clip plane to manage boxing.

I remember the AC bugs and almost hitting 50K ac with POHate augs and armor. That was a fun time with a lot of good people.

I took a break after it went down and eventually went on to PEQ and then char-moved over to EqTitan for multiboxers. I still play every now and then, but when I get bored I look for S2K/Squeaker style servers.

I'm 35 now and in surgery residency, so time is limited....I still tell people about what a great group of people worked and played on that server!

--Unholycow

Scorpious2k
01-19-2015, 08:25 PM
I remember S2K. I played when I had an old athlon processor and I had my bots always facing the floor on 0 clip plane to manage boxing.

I remember the AC bugs and almost hitting 50K ac with POHate augs and armor. That was a fun time with a lot of good people.

I took a break after it went down and eventually went on to PEQ and then char-moved over to EqTitan for multiboxers. I still play every now and then, but when I get bored I look for S2K/Squeaker style servers.

I remember you. :)

Maybe with a little luck the next time you are looking you will find us.

I'm 35 now and in surgery residency, so time is limited....I still tell people about what a great group of people worked and played on that server!

--Unholycow

Congrats on the career. I hope all those years of sword and dagger use helped prepare you for being a surgeon.:grin:

Scorpious2k
02-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Answering a question I have been asked a few times, yes we will accept donations towards getting a better computer to run the server and develop it on.

There is a donate button on the web site once you sign in. http://scorpious2k.tk

shaheenz
02-23-2015, 08:57 PM
cant say how happy i got when i read this! :-) DONATE GUYS ! Scorpious2K is seriously one of the best dev's in the community the content he brings is seriously something you should try! Gluck cant wait to see it up and running

Scorpious2k
02-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Things are ... happening ... mostly in the background right now, but they are happening.

Mikeko1
03-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Hype! I see some familiar names in this thread. The server is somewhat playable but still has some major bugs. Once these bugs are sorted out, I see a new community collecting and lots of fun to be had :) Apparently there may eventually be some new things too compared to the old S2K days. But I'm whole with just the original content and have been enjoying testing the server. To those who are old and new to S2K, feel free to check out what's happening with the server at http://scorpious2k.tk/

Maze_EQ
03-10-2015, 06:02 AM
Patiently waiting to play as Shocking Lobsters.

nopsled
03-11-2015, 05:56 PM
I remember s2k! I remember all kinds of cool GM events going on! I don't remember the details though. But I won a weapon many years ago. :P

Maze_EQ
03-13-2015, 04:33 AM
ALL HAIL SKELLITOUS TWOK. SLAYER OF NEWBIES.

Also, dragonious twok was kinda legit, I guess.

Boredorm
03-15-2015, 02:18 PM
S2K was also my first experioance at EQEMU server my Warrior Irsmart was pretty fun to just run around and do stuff with i remember being in hate all the time and all the GC folks god i miss your server gonna check out the fourm and stuff and hope you can get this up and going let me know if i can help test in anyway!

J3wish
06-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Scorpious2k15, coming soon to a server near you!

Scorpious2k
06-04-2015, 05:06 PM
LOL

How soon? I don't believe I have committed to a date yet. Just because it is up (secret name) on a dedicated server for testing ...

Shendare
06-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Soon(tm) soon, naturally.

Maze_EQ
06-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Can we like, get this going <3

knowom
06-06-2015, 06:18 AM
LOL

How soon? I don't believe I have committed to a date yet. Just because it is up (secret name) on a dedicated server for testing ... Why2KayStingz ;)

Scorpious2k
06-08-2015, 12:01 PM
*pulls curtain closed around him*

a disembodied voice says, "Pay no attention to the developer behind the curtain."

knowom
06-08-2015, 06:38 PM
I didn't play on the original s2k server or anything what's it got going for it or makes it unique? It's got some buzz going for it so curious as to what's got people excited about it.

Scorpious2k
06-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Nothing much.

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverinfo&worldid=31

It was the birth place of quest globals, the signal command, movement quest commands... several things like that. We like to be creative.

I'm not sure why the buzz though. Maybe someone else can explain that to both of us.

knowom
06-08-2015, 07:58 PM
Nothing much.

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverinfo&worldid=31

It was the birth place of quest globals, the signal command, movement quest commands... several things like that. We like to be creative.

I'm not sure why the buzz though. Maybe someone else can explain that to both of us. Well it sounds like your both creative and can get #### done which is a good recipe for success I'd say one without the other doesn't really pan out very well.

Scorpious2k
06-08-2015, 08:31 PM
It kind of looks like we were the first to have moving NPCs working....

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9385

historical note: tcsmyworld was trying to create the first EQEmu DB with moving NPCs - it would be called PEQ

rhyotte
06-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Looking forward to checking this out...

Ketzerei84
07-18-2015, 12:11 AM
This was actually the very first eqemu I played on. Don't recall much but I had a rogue main (Suldaien) and a ranger box. Oh, and the stunlock with orb from VT was still in, so it was entirely possible to solo farm raid mobs.

Burningsoul
07-18-2015, 12:35 AM
I'll be honest. I fucking MISS stunlocks. 5.7DR6 wasn't without its' charms. Hard to believe that was over a decade ago - miss you Scorpious. Shoulda kept that damned client on 3 seperate redundant backups.

Mortykins
07-18-2015, 01:34 AM
Richard , pm me please I'm a bit annoyed by this