PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Tribbles (tradeskill combines)

Asylum
11-09-2014, 11:28 AM
If possible, I'd like to have a single, no-fail item combine box that accepts any two of four possible items, each combination resulting in a different output item and not destroy the box. Item #s are below (server-specific).

box: 6688

items to be combined: 6596, 6598, 6599, 6632

output items from combines:
6596 + 6598 = 6634
6596 + 6599 = 6643
6596 + 6632 = 6655
6598 + 6599 = 6659
6598 + 6632 = 6660
6599 + 6532 = 6666

I'm having three issues creating this:
1) "You cannot combine these items in this container type!" warning, most certainly from me having an incorrect setting somewhere in the item editor for these items/box or in the recipes listings.
2) Having multiple items on your cursor is always a bug with the server, so returning the output item plus the box could trigger this bug as well.
3) How can I create multiple acceptable pairs of items in the recipe using the same container?

If you have an easier way to let players combine these items on the fly (not requiring an NPC or tradeskill station) I'd be interested in hearing your comments.

Thank you.

joligario
11-09-2014, 11:36 AM
If it is a custom container, make sure the item is flagged as such in the database. The only way to accept different types of items is to have a different recipe for each combination possibility.

chrsschb
11-10-2014, 01:55 PM
If it is a custom container, make sure the item is flagged as such in the database. The only way to accept different types of items is to have a different recipe for each combination possibility.

This. It's really simple.

Asylum
11-12-2014, 04:37 PM
Update and thank you all that helped or continue to help solving these issues:

Issues:
1) "You cannot combine these items in this container type!" warning, most certainly from me having an incorrect setting somewhere in the item editor for these items/box or in the recipes listings.

Custom container flagging solved. :)

2) Having multiple items on your cursor is always a bug with the server, so returning the output item plus the box could trigger this bug as well.

Not yet solved, and a larger issue than simply this functionality. Anytime multiple items stack on the cursor, only the top item is retrievable unless the character camps and returns, then the next item is on the cursor. :shock:

3) How can I create multiple acceptable pairs of items in the recipe using the same container?

Multiple recipes correctly inserted into database and this now works, solved. :D

Kingly_Krab
11-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Are you running Rain of Fear, also, is it summoning you the box for some reason? If so, that's weird, it should just be a container that you combine the items in and get your output item.

Asylum
11-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Yes, I'm using RoF client and the database is set up with that in mind. The multiple item on cursor is no longer a problem with this combine (thanks for the reminder Kingly). However, the only issue now is back to problem #1:

"You cannot combine these items in this container type!" warning

I checked everything in the database, and the container is identical in settings to other working combine containers, such as the ranger epic 1.0 shiny tin bowl, with the exception that it uses only 2 items not 4 in the combine.

Asylum
11-12-2014, 09:53 PM
I think I found the issue: tradeskill value was set to 75 for some reason. (Max is 74)
I set this to something more appropriate (68 for jewelcrafting) and tested all the combines and it works as intended.

Thank you for the help.

Kingly_Krab
11-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Okay, glad you got it working.

Uleat
11-12-2014, 11:32 PM
There's another value set to 75 somewhere over there as well...

I removed that from SkillUseTypes enumeration because it interfered with future skill additions.

Generic combines shouldn't grant specific skill updates..so, I'll see if I can incorporate/implement the 'Extended Skill' values.
(I'll try not to mess up your working setup..but, keep an eye out for updates)

EDIT: I don't recall removing the value from skill return..but, I'll check that too.