PDA

View Full Version : Imperium Server - Solo Level/Duo Raid

Nibiuno
11-21-2014, 10:06 AM
The Imperium Server is online now. It is an individual progression server meant for soloing to play through and 2-6 people to progress through raids.

Features:
- 100M Fiber Connection, 64G RAM
- Individual Progression
- Fast XP and AA
- Gear stat increase
- AA increases
- New NPCs, teleporter bot, merchants, augments to assist in raids, and a gambling merchant to acquire additional rare items
- Artifacts and rare items can drop from any monster (~1/200 chance).
- Raids adjusted for 2-6 players
- Bots enabled, mercenaries disabled. 6 person max raid size and group size, 2 bots maximum spawned in per person.

The server is setup for progression through raiding. In order to get into Sebilis, you must kill either Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, or Venril Sathir. Upon their deaths, a ghost will spawn and drop keys you must turn in to the quest NPC in the guild lobby. Each tier has one or more bosses that drop keys to progress to the next tier. It is similar to how planes of power worked. Details are provided by Vinz in the guildlobby.

Raid bosses have been balanced to be able to be killed by 1-4 players. If you fight them without gearing up first, it will take 4-6. If you are geared, 1-2 with a healer bot can take most of them down. All scripts have been adjusted through planes of power to make it possible to win the fights with a few people.

Items have had stats increased across the board in a formulaic fashion. Each tier of raiding will have more and more powerful gear, required to be able to beat the next raid tier. AAs have also been added to make you more powerful.

Here is the link to the dbstr_us file that needs to be copied to your Everquest folder (for underfoot client):

https://mega.co.nz/#!ERZDCRDa!tKu8QXIsn291MKGTiJ_-XluBoHYQqh_yVGoq0cn_Slc

tmoney2983
11-22-2014, 09:32 AM
this sounds EXACTLY like what I have been looking for!!! I cant wait to log in and check it out!!!

Havok2all
11-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Is there a gate item for melee anywhere?

Ozium
11-22-2014, 04:49 PM
saw it up for a bit but disapeared

tmoney2983
11-22-2014, 11:20 PM
quick question: is there an IP limit on your server?

Nibiuno
11-23-2014, 06:36 AM
No gate item, but I lowered the throne of heroes reset time to 10 minutes, #zone is available, and there is a translocator bot in the guildlobby.

IP limit allows 2 accounts from one IP. I didnt want large box groups taking over the server, and it's tuned for a couple people to play through, at most with bots helping. It gets too easy fast with more than 4-5. I went through everything until time and tuned it with a friend to be beatable with 2 (some with added bots)

tmoney2983
11-23-2014, 11:37 AM
no that's cool! just making sure. was gonna try and 3 box, but its good to know that I wont have to :P

xebec
11-23-2014, 12:00 PM
was good at first, but other than a handful of specific zones nothing is locked out progression wise. Why level properly when you can #zone to rof/ro zones and do 50-65 in 30mins?

Best of luck, but that kind of thing is no fun for me.

Nibiuno
11-23-2014, 01:20 PM
was good at first, but other than a handful of specific zones nothing is locked out progression wise. Why level properly when you can #zone to rof/ro zones and do 50-65 in 30mins?

Best of luck, but that kind of thing is no fun for me.

Screwed up on that one and didnt check the expansions flag, thought it defaulted to PoP. Fixing it right now, as well as the performance issues.

zeldik
11-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Not sure what your max level was already level 70s and people had underfoot weapons and such. So what is max content,level,etc supposed to be?

Nibiuno
11-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Not sure what your max level was already level 70s and people had underfoot weapons and such. So what is max content,level,etc supposed to be?

Max level is 70, content is supposed to cap out at LDON. I adjusted the expansions and got most of the zones locked out - I will go over them again tonight so next restart it should be fixed. (Right now 90% of additional zones are locked out)

I plan on expanding it later, but since I have to playtest each raid with 2 players, it takes awhile to balance.

tmoney2983
11-24-2014, 12:30 PM
is there a spell file that we need for the server as well? as it stands, I use the UF client and I am getting a few "Unknown Spells" when I scribe my spells. Is there one I should be using, and where could I get it?

Nibiuno
11-24-2014, 07:56 PM
is there a spell file that we need for the server as well? as it stands, I use the UF client and I am getting a few "Unknown Spells" when I scribe my spells. Is there one I should be using, and where could I get it?

The unknown spells are not custom spells (there are no custom spells on the server, the only change to any spell was to make ice comet do a little bit more damage), just newer spells than UF has in its file. Im going to copy the RoF clients spells file to my UF client and see if that helps.

What spells are causing that for you?

tmoney2983
11-24-2014, 09:59 PM
I don't know, hence why I brought it up :P I cant see any spell info. the spell "scribes" as unknown and its effects are unknown as well.

Also, noticed the new buyable charms, and the coward has evacuate, but the Heroes charm is an unknown effect as well. so there is a reference :P

tmoney2983
11-25-2014, 10:39 AM
Nm on this, it's MY spell file (pretty sure it's the EZ server spell file)...I have to find the UF or other compliant spell file...

tmoney2983
11-25-2014, 11:35 AM
ok, so have the correct spell file now, but still having an issue that I didn't post previously but have noticed on other emu's as well:

Spells like Spirit Salve (39 Shaman heal spell) and Kragg's Salve (49 Shaman heal spell, and just guessing this wont work either) keep giving the message that "Target is out of Range" even though you're right on top of them in some instances. was there ever a fix for this? I remember servers like storm haven and hidden forest having fixes for this, and was possibly server side / spell file based as well...

Maze_EQ
11-25-2014, 01:23 PM
That's not server specific...

MysteryNRW
11-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Got Stucked by Zoning into #zone 385 and crashs after few times can u pick u my char Blast to lobby plz

tmoney2983
11-25-2014, 09:46 PM
That's not server specific...

so what is it specific to then?

nenelan
11-26-2014, 07:06 AM
so what is it specific to then?

The default spells_us.txt for all servers has 0 range on these spells, when 100 would be what they should be. I'm not sure if servers have a spell table (been forever since I messed with that part on my own), but that'd need a change too if it was still there. Every new server will have that unless/until it changes from whatever the repo has.

epilz
11-26-2014, 08:14 PM
server is down......................

zeldik
11-26-2014, 08:19 PM
/\ This...

epilz
11-26-2014, 08:22 PM
I have enjoyed the server so far............not seen any GMs on in 2 days....I wonder if it will even come back up :)

MysteryNRW
11-26-2014, 08:22 PM
yepp :-/ .....

tmoney2983
11-26-2014, 09:15 PM
The default spells_us.txt for all servers has 0 range on these spells, when 100 would be what they should be. I'm not sure if servers have a spell table (been forever since I messed with that part on my own), but that'd need a change too if it was still there. Every new server will have that unless/until it changes from whatever the repo has.

ahhh alright, so it *technically* is server-side...good to know! but all of this is moot unless the server comes back up which *might* not happen considering the holidays coming up...but we'll see...

Nibiuno
11-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Server is back up, LDoN disabled. It keeps crashing the world server everytime someone starts a LDoN adventure with bots out. Sorry about the issues.

Nibiuno
11-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Got Stucked by Zoning into #zone 385 and crashs after few times can u pick u my char Blast to lobby plz

Youre in shadeweaver, should be able to login.

Nibiuno
11-26-2014, 10:14 PM
I have enjoyed the server so far............not seen any GMs on in 2 days....I wonder if it will even come back up :)

Ive been on every day, just slower right now due to the holidays (been hidden recently while working on quests)

Im going to see about giving guide powers out to some more people and give them my contact info so I can get the server back up if it crashes again - but hopefully disabling LDoN fixes that.

epilz
11-26-2014, 10:32 PM
sounds good man, thanks for getting it back up

kylekurth
11-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Can you post a spell file? I have a lot of missing spells

Nibiuno
11-27-2014, 03:17 PM
Can you post a spell file? I have a lot of missing spells

I can't, but I would try a copy from the rain of fear client. It should have the missing descriptions.

MysteryNRW
11-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Yepp used at char screen the option return to home that fixed my problem :-)

Some Guide about the Progression would be cool

Nibiuno
11-28-2014, 12:51 PM
Yepp used at char screen the option return to home that fixed my problem :-)

Some Guide about the Progression would be cool

Right now progression works like this:

Unlock Sebilis (Kill Nagafen or Vox or Venril Sathir)
Unlock Veeshans Peak (Kill Trakanon)
Unlock Kael/ThurgadinB/Skyshrine (Kill Phara Dar)
Unlock Temple of Veeshan (Kill Dain or Tormax or Yelinak)
Unlock Sanctus Seru/SSRA Temple (Kill Vulak`Aerr)
Unlock Vex Thal (Kill Lord Inquisitor Seru or Emperor Ssraeszha)
Unlock Plane of Tranquility (Kill Aten Ha Ra)

Today you can bypass part of it because #zone is active. Next patch (tomorrow or sunday) all of POP will require flags and you can no longer #zone into them to flag without following progression.

Once I finish testing the plane of time I will look at unlocking more expansions, and expanding on the progression.

You can also purchase your way past some of it if you want to, but it's very expensive.

Hail the keymaster and right click the gatekeeper for more information

epilz
11-28-2014, 08:18 PM
server down.............

Nibiuno
11-28-2014, 10:32 PM
server down.............

Someone somehow started a LDoN adventure with bots out, I thought I had removed the NPCs quest options to start one. Trying to figure out how it was started.

Maze_EQ
12-01-2014, 10:56 AM
You can go ahead and remove mud shield.

Thank me later.

Nibiuno
12-02-2014, 12:01 PM
You can go ahead and remove mud shield.

Thank me later.

It's been severely nerfed, I gotta test it after next server restart.

Maze_EQ
12-02-2014, 12:36 PM
It's been severely nerfed, I gotta test it after next server restart.

It was never a live spell.

Xaviyn
12-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Zephyr is doing great things with this server. Come check it out, it's going strong.

http://imperiumserver.boards.net/

maelick
12-17-2014, 09:35 PM
I originally raided heavily in EQ from classic through OoW. Since that time I've come back and dabbled more times that I care to admit. This server is exactly what I was looking for and I am having an absolute blast playing here.

All the players have been super helpful and polite, and I can see enjoying this server for quite some time.

So to the person that made all this happen I have two things for you:

My wife hates you because I'm on this server too much
Thank you for the time and effort put in to creating this server. I LOVE IT!

Keep up the awesome work. The rate that the bug fixes have been getting released is truly impressive.

daerath
12-18-2014, 10:31 AM
I'll chime in as well. I've been enjoying this server. I like the current direction and the effort that has been put into its development and maintenance. I will say this, slow and steady. Don't go nuts and burn yourself out while developing for the server. =)

Good stuff.

Jahosphat
12-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Is this server Rain of Fear enabled?

Nibiuno
12-30-2014, 11:33 AM
Is this server Rain of Fear enabled?

Im upgrading the source code to support the latest RoF client, should support it by Saturday.

Commrune
01-19-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm not able to connect to the server using the ROF2 client yet. It simply freezes before character select comes up.

epilz
01-19-2015, 05:37 PM
rof2 is not supported yet, source is not updated

Commrune
01-20-2015, 06:32 PM
Any ETA on ROF2 support? I'd love to join in on the fun

Nibiuno
01-22-2015, 08:46 PM
Any ETA on ROF2 support? I'd love to join in on the fun

Im upgrading the code to RoF2 once the guild bank issue is resolved. I have a lot of custom code in, and dont want to have to update it twice if I can avoid it.

If that isnt fixed before we have GoD ready, Ill just upgrade it anyways.

So probably a week or less.

Commrune
01-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Wonderful!! Thank you for getting back to me on that

hiraith
01-23-2015, 10:30 AM
Hi,

I'm just getting back into EQ after a long absence, and this server looks like the one I'll be choosing. Just a couple of quick questions, though:

Is there a website for the server?
Do I still need the missing files list? I'm on U right now, but migrating to RoF2 once this server is upgraded to it, which will be awesome!

Thanks in advance for any newbie help!

Hiratih

atrayas
01-23-2015, 03:47 PM

Commrune
02-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Just wanted to say what a blast this server has been since I started on it recently with the UF client. There's a lot to do here. The best part (imo) is that it still maintains a classic feel, despite the admin commands and custom content.

I'm anxiously awaiting ROF2 support; I have a buddy ready to jump in once the server makes the conversion.

Thank you to the developers. I'll happily donate to keep this one going.

atrayas
02-04-2015, 01:49 AM
Just wanted to say what a blast this server has been since I started on it recently with the UF client. There's a lot to do here. The best part (imo) is that it still maintains a classic feel, despite the admin commands and custom content.

I'm anxiously awaiting ROF2 support; I have a buddy ready to jump in once the server makes the conversion.

Thank you to the developers. I'll happily donate to keep this one going.

Thank you for the kind words. We have no plans to accept donations, we do this purely as a hobby.

Joetor
02-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Just read about this yesterday. Excited to hop in once the update happens!

Nibiuno
02-06-2015, 04:46 PM
RoF2 code is live on test. Im working out the guild lobby issue thanks to provocating helping out and then it should be live tomorrow or Sunday on the live server.

Commrune
02-06-2015, 06:28 PM
:D Can't wait!

Nibiuno
02-08-2015, 09:24 AM
RoF2 support is on Imperium now.

Nibiuno
02-21-2015, 09:12 PM
The website forum for the server is imperiumserver.boards.net

The dbstr file listed on the first post is no longer valid - the new ones are posted on the forums.

XanatosNemos
03-14-2016, 08:20 PM
I'd really be interested in trying this server out, but my brother(same ip) already 2boxes (we are min/max types, honestly, and competitive. So would likely prefer to both twobox if possible.)

Question is, is there a way (with proof we actually live together and share ip! if needed, happy to provide) to get a IP limit exception? Similiar to how p1999 offers?

bakajikara
03-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Get you a STATIC IP get by any server blocks the new owner this server is JERK

If you look in past peopel lost stuff over there ISSUES they won replace it glad i quit ages ago no plan on ever going back there and i had good chars.

Maze_EQ
03-15-2016, 04:21 AM
Just VPN.

GMs aren't active anyway.

Server is stuck and stale on shitty halfassed content.

bakajikara
03-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Just VPN.

GMs aren't active anyway.

Server is stuck and stale on shitty halfassed content.

I 100% agree with you and if loose items dont expect any help even if it SERVER fault rrad there forums you see what i am talking about

Karnon
03-30-2016, 05:13 PM
Hmm, I got my stuff back in hours. I guess I just got lucky.

Imperium has 1 GM on quite often and a second still checking in regularly. I (truthfully) don't know if there's more than 2 now for the player base I've seen over 100. What is the average there?

Imperium Server - Solo Level/Duo Raid
Server Version: [U]
Players Online: 35
Average Players: 51
Max Players: 152

They must have done something right. Numbers don't lie.

Maze_EQ
03-31-2016, 05:31 AM
There's no new content in the last 6 months.

Kingly_Krab
03-31-2016, 08:07 AM
I believe the original developers have kind of passed the reigns to their staff, but even so, I don't think the staff is allowed to create new content. As far as I remember, Epic 2.0s have been "Coming Soon" for months on end.

provocating
03-31-2016, 11:16 AM
I believe the original developers have kind of passed the reigns to their staff, but even so, I don't think the staff is allowed to create new content. As far as I remember, Epic 2.0s have been "Coming Soon" for months on end.

That is what I have gathered. I think Sturm has taken it over but has limited access to the box itself, so his hands are rather tied.

DanCanDo
06-08-2016, 03:13 AM
There's an ongoing thread on their forums, looking for someone to host the server.
Hopefully they come up with a feasible solution.

daerath
07-04-2016, 03:52 PM
Heads up for some folks who don't check the Imperium forums often (since 7/3/2016).

From this point forward, using MQ2 warp, Speed or any Automation the hack program offers is a bannable offence here on Imperium. No more suspensions will be given out.

We are adopting a zero tolerance policy. People are still abusing the hell out of this program here and I'm done wasting my time chasing them.

This is the only warning you will receive.

Here's a direct link: http://imperiumserver.boards.net/thread/1401/mq2

mjbcb0717
07-04-2016, 06:43 PM
Let's face it this servers lame and fell apart with no new content and nothing to do

daerath
07-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Let's face it this servers lame and fell apart with no new content and nothing to do

No argument. I haven't played on it in a year? More? Just wanted to pass it along in case anyone found it useful.

rmc330
11-16-2016, 11:08 AM
I was banned from both the server and the board because I was unhappy about being suspended for 7 days for "training"

This server is a joke, no wonder why nobody plays here

Maze_EQ
11-16-2016, 11:45 AM
Server has been a joke for 2 years.

The_Beast
11-16-2016, 11:55 AM
I used to see comments about the stability and risks of playing on green list servers compared to standard white list
Doesnt look like that green list guarantees much of anything these days for a player. They come and go almost just as much

Castious
11-16-2016, 02:21 PM
This server is awesome. The new content and quests that have been added are fun and challenging while offering a nostalgic feeling. The GM's are super active and helpful as long as you're not a douche bag and follow the simple rules.
Great place to have some family friendly fun with your kids and friends. Don't listen to the butthurt above, you're going to love it here.

Maze_EQ
11-16-2016, 04:07 PM
Oh new content?

You mean the same feerrott2 shit that's been out for 2 years?

I rest my case.

Castious
11-16-2016, 04:29 PM
Oh new content?

You mean the same feerrott2 shit that's been out for 2 years?

I rest my case.

You obviously don't even play on this server. Which I suppose the community can be thankful for. Thanks for being living proof of the type of people that we the actual players of Imperium don't want here.

The_Beast
11-16-2016, 05:02 PM
I can't comment on what the content has been like since the start but I tried this server out and I wasn't pleased with the content either
but to each their own. I just moved on.

rmc330
02-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Hey Castious -

1) youre a dipshit
2) i was banned because i didnt like my suspension. i was suspended based on NO EVIDENCE of training. ive been playing this server for years now, and am banned from forums and servers based on ZERO EVIDENCE.

sounds to me like the GMs are dipshits as well, you might even be one of them.

Castious
02-09-2017, 01:04 PM
Hey Castious -

1) youre a dipshit
2) i was banned because i didnt like my suspension. i was suspended based on NO EVIDENCE of training. ive been playing this server for years now, and am banned from forums and servers based on ZERO EVIDENCE.

sounds to me like the GMs are dipshits as well, you might even be one of them.

Not entirely sure why I'm being attacked here, but sounds like the GM's made a solid choice based on your lovely attitude. Good luck out there.

On another unrelated note. Epic 2.0's have been released here. The quest is tough but the weapons are updated and pretty badass! Hero's Forge armor augments have also been released, I look so cool in my swanky new plate! :D

rmc330
02-09-2017, 01:50 PM
good for the server that 4 people play on. EZ server is far superior

PlumbGame
02-09-2017, 02:03 PM
good for the server that 4 people play on. EZ server is far superior

Nope! Maybe if that community ever changes.

Kingly_Krab
02-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Server bashing will not be tolerated, if you cannot maintain a polite attitude in public, take it to private messages. You have been warned.

daerath
02-10-2017, 12:14 PM
hey castious -

1) youre a dipshit
2) i was banned because i didnt like my suspension. I was suspended based on no evidence of training. Ive been playing this server for years now, and am banned from forums and servers based on zero evidence.

Sounds to me like the gms are dipshits as well, you might even be one of them.

fake news! You are fake news!