PDA

View Full Version : Gloomingdeep not loading

vacare
02-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Hello,

So I successfully set up a server on my local machine using the Debian VM guide, and it worked great. I then attempted to perform the same steps on a DititalOcean hosted VM (for faster access, more uptime) and everything seems to have gone well, except when I attempt to enter the world I get the message "Your personalized tutorial zone is still loading ... try again in a few minutes."

Since I was able to enter Gloomingdeep on my local VM, I'm assuming I missed something in the guide when setting it up on DigitalOcean, but I'm not sure what I missed. Possibly relevant note: After setting up this second server, I noticed that it is listed as "locked". I've been trying to find where in PHPEditor website I can unlock it, but no luck so far.

The world process is reporting my account connecting (passing IP BAN checks, etc), but it doesn't say anything after that, as if it's not even attempting to load the zone.

I searched in the forums and saw a suggestion to add the tutoriala and tutorialb zones to the launcher_zones table, but that didn't seem to have an effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Just trying to avoid wiping the VM and starting over from scratch since so much seems to be working.

Thanks,
Jason

vacare
02-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I just forgot to run shared_memory before launching world.

Problem solved: user error (as predicted)