PDA

View Full Version : installing bots after the fact

vacare
02-12-2015, 10:44 PM
Hello everyone,

So I'm a few weeks into my Debian 7 install, and loving it - both playing and modding.

The next thing I wanted to tackle was bots. However, the default install (using the Debian 7 wiki article) didn't seem to include them, and I wasn't sure the best way to apply them after the fact.

I have read a few threads on the topic, but they are all a couple of years old, and one link leads to a directory with a "DO NOT INSTALL THESE FILES" txt warning.

So I was just curious if someone could describe or link me to the most current method for injecting bots into the current post-installation environment.

Thanks for any help!

werebat
02-13-2015, 02:12 PM
You have to compile to allow bots. Using windows there is an option to tick in the Cmake configuration. Not sure how to do it in Linux but its probably in the guide.

After compiling you need to run the bots.sql from the git repository.

vacare
02-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the reply! I don't think bots are mentioned anywhere in the Debian 7 guide, but I will do a recompile to make sure it's not there somewhere.

vacare
02-13-2015, 08:44 PM
Yeah, the Debian 7 instructions don't mention the compiler options for bots, but the Debian 6 wiki article does. Debian 6 instructions agree with this link:

https://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/wiki/BOTSCompile

Unfortunately, I am not seeing the DFLAGS anywhere in the Makefile files (in zone or world source folders), and the zone folder doesn't have a Makefile.common file at all. Are these sections / files something I have to add?

vsab
02-14-2015, 05:22 AM
You have to run
Cmake -i

Or similar- whatever the interactive/ wizard mode is (man cmake). That way you get all the options you can use to compile with, logging levels etc as well as bots.

vacare
02-14-2015, 05:18 PM
That did the trick! Thanks. I can now create and spawn bots. Will take some more digging to figure out healrotations and stuff, but I just wanted to thank you for solving this thread for me!