PDA

View Full Version : Make an NPC use OOC or Auction

Lord of Steel
03-13-2015, 03:07 PM
I wanted my buffing NPC's in East Commons to use ooc and advertise like a real player. I couldn't figure out how to do that so i make the player think they are seeing OOC text. It's basically messages sent to the client in the format of a PC OOC. This is from my global.pl file

sub EVENT_ENTERZONE {
if($zoneid == 22 )
{
quest::settimer("syal",390);
quest::settimer("garren",400);
quest::settimer("sweet",410);
quest::settimer("mezzum",420);
#quest::settimer("avienda",270);

}
}
sub EVENT_TIMER {
if ($timer eq "syal")
{
$client->Message(2, "Syal says out of character, 'Casting Shammy buffs for donation near the magus'");
}
if ($timer eq "garren")
{
$client->Message(2, "Garren says out of character, 'Cleric for hire! Castin Aego line buffs for donations near shady.");
}
if ($timer eq "sweet")
{
$client->Message(2, "Sweet Leaf says out of character, 'Do you need Damage Shields? Come by Commander Farang because I need donations.'");
}
if ($timer eq "mezzum")
{
$client->Message(2, "Mezzum says out of character, 'Casting crack and haste in the tunnel'");
}
if ($timer eq "avienda")
{
$client->Message(2, "Avienda says out of character, 'Selling everything on me! I'm on the crate near banker Cogswell. Come inspect and make an offer!'");
}

}

Kingly_Krab
03-13-2015, 03:38 PM
I made a post a while back about this here (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37098). Although you can just do this:
quest::we(1, $npc->GetCleanName() . " says out of character, 'BLAH');

Huppy
03-14-2015, 12:30 AM
I implemented a bunch of buff bots in PoK (hanging around main bank like the old days)(my old days anyways,haha), but I just used an enter_zone "ooc" style which did it just once, since the npcs are static anyways. I set up some npc "traders" in bazaar as well, but had to stock them with pricing and have them doing a serverwide "auction" message.