PDA

View Full Version : The Blood of Turmoil Server --Go Live April 3rd

epilz
03-15-2015, 09:21 PM
The Blood of Turmoil Server is going live on April 3rd. Content is ready up to GoD. Solo and Raid progression quests are available for each expansion.

Forums are located at http://bloodofturmoil.boards.net

Server Highlights:

Dedicated server - 192GB of RAM - 100MB Connection - (16) 400GB SSDs, 36 core server

Yeah yeah I know its overkill, but its what is available :)

* Level 65 Max currently
* Custom Server charm - On your toon when created
* Solo and Raid Progression for each expansion
* Slower Solo XP and Fast Group XP - To promote grouping
* No Bots or Mercs are allowed
* Boxing is allowed up to 2 toons
* Hub zone in Temple of Marr
* Several zones are set to static to prevent changing of Named.
* Translocator, Progression NPCs, Merchants, Common Tongue Trainer, Tradeskill Trainer, and Custom quest NPCs in the Hub.
* Content available to PoP. Zones are locked until progression is completed.
* MQ2 is allowed but only for /stick and map.
* Custom expansion is being developed.
* Custom Class weapons are dropping on the 4 Custom Raid mobs throughout Norrath. These are for lvl 65s. Will require a full raid force to kill.
* Server leaderboards

I am going out of town on Friday and will not return until the end of this month. Server will be go live Friday, April the 3rd at 8AM.

Also, want to thank all the help that I have received on the forums in the past few months! Thanks a ton!

Bomb (GM)

Maze_EQ
03-16-2015, 06:38 AM
The only problem with requiring "full raid forces" for any content on a server is, you're not going to see the numbers that P99 has.

Now if we're talking about 1 or 2 groups that's applicable, but I can't see a raid force coming together on a newer server like that.

gumbooshremp
03-16-2015, 07:08 AM
The only problem with requiring "full raid forces" for any content on a server is, you're not going to see the numbers that P99 has.

Now if we're talking about 1 or 2 groups that's applicable, but I can't see a raid force coming together on a newer server like that.

I helped test this server and its gonna be grade A fun for people that enjoy classic but doesn't take classic numbers. Full raid force is 12-15 toons, so 1-3 groups max is needed. So with the possibility that everyone's boxing 3 it'll only take 4-5 actual people for a raid. Hope to see a lot of people here :)

Maze_EQ
03-16-2015, 07:13 AM
Ahh cool, That's realistic.

epilz
03-16-2015, 10:49 AM

When I mentioned a full raid force, I am referring to the custom raid mobs. They will require lvl 65s with damn near full PoP armor. These NPCs are rough as hell lol. They drop class specific weapons/armor that are better than any in GoD.

Other Raid mobs like Naggy/Vox/Trak/VS they will require 3-4 RL players to kill, so that would be 9 to 12 toons.

Bomb

Maze_EQ
03-16-2015, 12:34 PM
By the way, your host machine gives me wood.

epilz
03-16-2015, 12:36 PM
lulz.....I have 8 more servers laying around....If my connection was faster, I would do hosting :)

Akkadius
03-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Way way way overkill.

I hope you have a good launch though :)

epilz
03-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Lol I agree Akka! It's what was available. My test servers are running in VMs though :)

eqfudorm
03-17-2015, 06:21 PM
Server sounds great, me and a couple friends are definitely planning on starting up on release day!

epilz
03-17-2015, 07:52 PM
Thanks eqfurdorm!

If you interested in joining us for The Blood of Turmoil Go Live on April 3rd, sign up on the forums. They are at http://bloodofturmoil.boards.net

Website is currently being developed also. Should be up within a week or two of go live!

eqfudorm
03-22-2015, 05:58 PM
Hey so I am curious if beastlords/zerkers will be available to play from the start?

Karnon
03-22-2015, 07:03 PM
I'm tired of places allowing MQ for warping. This may be exactly what will kill the cheaters. Bots / Mercs ruin things in my opinion. This might be exactly what I am looking for.

So many servers failed for me. (This is a personal thing. If others don't like it, that's fine. Everyone is entitled) I WILL check this server out on launch day for sure.

epilz
03-22-2015, 10:56 PM
Hey so I am curious if beastlords/zerkers will be available to play from the start?

Yes they will

epilz
03-22-2015, 10:57 PM
I'm tired of places allowing MQ for warping. This may be exactly what will kill the cheaters. Bots / Mercs ruin things in my opinion. This might be exactly what I am looking for.

So many servers failed for me. (This is a personal thing. If others don't like it, that's fine. Everyone is entitled) I WILL check this server out on launch day for sure.

Hey Karnon. I agree about the warping. See you at go live

trentn
03-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Excited to see this go live - hopefully it will be less bug-ridden like KPEMU was and actually has a GM that cares about the player base and knows what he's doing.

Would be nice to see a progression server that actually goes further into expansions (DON/GoD/OOW) that you don't have to box 40 accounts to beat - let's hope that's in the future :)

epilz
03-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Yes, there will be further expansions after GoD. I have begun working on custom expansion also. It will be out within 90 days of server go live

epilz
03-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Hey all. I am back in town. Whew long ass 15 hour drive back. Working on the server now to prepare for go live on Friday !!

trentn
03-29-2015, 08:49 PM
I thought it was Tuesday - April 3rd?

"The Blood of Turmoil Server is going live on April 3rd. "

epilz
03-29-2015, 09:07 PM
April 3rd is this Friday. Tuesday is March 31st :)

trentn
03-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Bleh - was looking at March and not April - can't be here soon enough :)

epilz
03-31-2015, 09:28 PM
Update:

Server will open to public at noon CST on Friday. Been super busy this week trying to play catch up at work, after my vacation. There are many new additions and changes added to the server and will be posted on the server forums on Friday morning before it opens. Can find the forums @ http://bloodofturmoil.boards.net We are currently working on a web page for the server also.

Thanks!

See you online on Friday

epilz
04-01-2015, 09:46 PM
New updates are coming to the Blood of Turmoil before server is opened to public. Check out the forums on Friday morning @ http://bloodofturmoil.boards.net for updates.

eqfudorm
04-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Cant wait for release, see you all there!

epilz
04-03-2015, 12:52 AM
Server is going live to public in 12 hours, Check out the forums @ http://bloodofturmoil.boards.net/

Maze_EQ
04-03-2015, 07:08 AM
But but but, you said 8am and I already set up all of my meetings to be prior to 8am so i can poopsock from 8am to 4am monday morning.

epilz
04-03-2015, 12:02 PM
haha maze, server opens in 45 mins, then you can start your poopsocking

Akkadius
04-03-2015, 12:08 PM
Good luck with your launch sir

epilz
04-03-2015, 12:13 PM
Thanks Akka

epilz
05-18-2015, 07:23 PM
Server has double xp till next Sunday! Lots of new additions since Launch!