PDA

View Full Version : The Vegarlson Asylum, a Luclin Experience

neomicah
03-20-2015, 07:54 PM
Few experiences can compare to that moment EQ adventures first ventured to the moon. The thrill of not knowing what dangers and rewards would be found undertaking that unknown journey.

Not many Everquest expansions have compared to the majestic feeling brought by seeing your first sunrise on the Shadows of Luclin.

So I would like to take this time to introduce The Vegarlson Asylum server to the EQEmulator community.

You finally have that chance to relive the Luclin experience or explore it for the first time.

For the past few months, dozens of us have been fine tuning and perfecting the server to become as live like as possible with a few select bonuses.

A few of the features which sets us apart from live are.
• Revamped zones such as Cazic Thule, Veksar, Chardok B, Plane of Hate 2.0 and Temple of Droga.
• Item Stack to 100
• Slight EXP Bonus
• Reduced Food Consumption so you don't eat all your plat away
• Improved translocators so you aren't waiting 15 minutes just to miss the scion due to not hailing them first to obtain a stone.
• Legacy items such as Manastones and dark elf illusion masks.
• Corpse dragging increased to 4 so monks may rejoice.
• Special items such as mounts and illusion items rotating monthly on a bazaar merchant. They are by no means cheap and are only available for a limited time. Get one while you can.
• Improved pets. No longer do they disappear when zoning or going invis.
• Improved quest drops. Some quest items have improved drop rates to cut down on wasting precious time, but not those epic drops. So get your EB items ready if you're going after Begurgle.
• Veeshan Peak 1.0. The zone and key quest are fully functional and a great place to get those much coveted clickies.
• Updated models in zones such as Plane of Hate 2.0 and several other zones.
• Those are just some of the many improvements that have been made to the Luclin experience.
• A Dedicated Game Patcher to keep your files up to date

Now for the server rules
• Absolutely no use of Macroquest. You will be suspended and or banned should you break this rule. A few beta testers learned this first hand. The only approved boxing application is ISboxer.
• 4box limit. This is subject to change as population increases. There is a 3 minute IP lockout on switching accounts.
• ROF2 client is required.
• No whining, or crying to GMs. They got enough trouble perfecting content and don't need to be bothered with you begging to increase item drop rates from premier mobs.

Our server already has a decent population with around 80-100 people online and a premier raiding guild looking for new members to down content with. We would also like to see other guilds form to create a competitive raiding environment for the overall health of the server. So if any guilds are bored and looking for some new content feel free to migrate over.

We have held back on publicly advertising our server to balance classes, set skill caps, fix drop rates, adjust EXP and fine tune raid content but now we feel that things are working well enough to invite the rest of the community to explore the Shadows of Luclin.

There are plans to unlock later expansions but not for some time so players can fully experience everything Luclin has to offer.

And GM's are actively working everyday to improve content, fix bugs and help out players whenever they find themselves in that situation where something crazy happened.

So if you're looking for Luclin with a decent population Vegarlson Asylum is for you. You can find our servers website at http://www.vegarlson-server.orgwhere you will find the patcher to receive all the proper zone and spell files to begin playing today.

Hope to see you in game
Neo

neomicah
03-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Oh yeah and to highlight going officially live, the server is being rebooted as we speak to bump up exp for the weekend.

So there is no greater time to get a running start at exploring the moon.

Hiing
03-22-2015, 02:21 PM
Getting bigger and better by the day! Don't miss out on double exp this weekend.

Xarekis
03-24-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm extremely excited to try out this server. P99 is too limited to play for very long, and PEQ is too boxy to be competitive without a full personal raid. Not that those servers are bad- I played both of them extensively, but I'm ready for something in between. This fits the bill, and thusfar nobody else has created a Luclin server, which I feel there is great demand for.

neomicah
03-24-2015, 06:33 PM
I played on both servers myself xarekis. P99 was fun for a bit but I like boxing. Eqtitan was also fun but having to wait 15-20 minutes to log in an army of 24 got annoying not to mention when your internet decided to crap out for no reason after pulling a raid mob.

There is a solid community right now with more people starting every day. have even seen multiple guilds spring up over the weekend so it should be easy to find some people to play with. Look forward to having you here and if you need anything feel free to message me in game on neo.

Karnon
03-25-2015, 12:51 AM
I've seen MANY bug fixes (a great positive), quite a few changes (Noob area skelies don't aggro - legacy drops), but it's hard to start with just one character. Noob mobs will clean your clock. You are almost required to 3 or 4 box.

Good luck to anyone starting there. If you find a bug, REPORT IT! They get to it sooner or later! They don't skip over any bug. This server was well watched from the server side and I have no reason to believe it still isn't. It's the only Luclin era server. Give it a shot.

Just avoid asking questions ... and read their forums. They get a little uptight if you have to ask questions.

Thorpa
03-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Just avoid asking questions ... and read their forums. They get a little uptight if you have to ask questions.

You must have been online at a bad time or something, ive always had positive feedback from Qs

additionally it isn't easy, like you stated, and yes expect a challenge from what most EMU servers offer. That being said its prob one of the best developed servers ive been on outside of legend status, and the ONLY luclin experience server there is.(one without pop thank god as I was growing tired of pop)

neomicah
03-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Yes it is a little hard starting out. Level one enchanters have it the hardest. We wanted to preserve the challenge of original eq before it started catering to the new generation of i want it easy gamers.

Pet classes are always the best to start out with but when you get end game luclin with mibs that have a million hp, melee classes sustained damage will be king.

One of our servers raid guilds has already downed the arch lich and two of three cursed cycle bosses.

Things are moving very smooth and growing by the day. And as was said before, if you find a bug report it and it shall be fixed next patch.

Karnon
03-25-2015, 11:53 PM
I was involved in the beta. I'm fully aware of how it is being run. Luclin was brought live for the exact reasons made above: THERE isn't a Luclin server.

I +1 everything Neo said above.

Xarekis
03-29-2015, 01:19 PM
I started a Mage/Cleric duo and played for a bit, and then I realized I wanted something more active. So I made an ogre Shm/SK duo. I just finished the newbie armor quests, and once I hit lvl 9, I'll be heading out to the Spires in NK. I forgot how awesome it is to have relevant newb armor quests.

Hopefully I can get an IBC before too long after camping Kurns for a while. Great work on the server, Neo, this is a gem.

Maze_EQ
03-29-2015, 02:39 PM
9 days and already on endgame content?

No tq.

N0ctrnl
03-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Server has been up way longer than 9 days, and nobody is on "endgame content" yet.

neomicah
03-30-2015, 01:26 AM
No one is on end game content or even close. There was one super big guild but it recently split to create some competition and choice for new players. Neither guild will be on end game content for quite some time. And there are whispers that a third guild is coming from p99.

Oodles of content and oodles of players. Will be easy for people to find a home or folks to play with.

phorest
03-30-2015, 07:39 PM
its a fun server. its hardcore with corpse runs etc. No POK. No bots.
but the exp is fast enough you can level to 30 in a couple of days. And the population is made of good folks. everyone i have met there is friendly and helpful. Especially to new folks.

Massy2k1
04-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Tried registering to your forum, must answer a question during registration 'What is the expansion with Vulak in it?' I have no idea, tried all the expansions, and tells me they are incorrect. I give up.

gyiro
04-02-2015, 05:30 PM
I have to say this server is really nice server. Everyone I have talked with here have been very friendly and helpful. I have found a few bugs but they have fixed everyone I have reported using their bug reporting site http://bugzilla.vegarlson-server.org/

If you want

A well scripted server
Friendly player's (community)
Derv's that fix bugs
play with AA's

Then you should check this Free 2 Play EQ ( EverQuest ) private server