PDA

View Full Version : EQ Launchpad Dev Server

mgellan
04-24-2015, 04:00 PM
Hi there:

I've been running an emu for several years, mostly as a playground for my P99 guild (Omni) to practice on. Over the past few months I've been working on beefing up the server to get it ready to offer a more robust experience for players. Here's what I was planning to do with Launchpad:

* A Trilogy server that will form the basis of new custom expansions which will maintain the same feel as Trilogy, not trivialize older content, and not cause mudflation.
* Intended to be difficult (classic xp rates, death penalties, CRs, minimal fast travel etc.) and challenging
* Some modern client conveniences - We will be leaving in some conveniences in the client such as guild management, raid management etc. that do not impact game play. Otherwise we will try to follow the classic experience as closely as possible, but if someone says NOT CLASSIC they'll be told to go play on P99.
* Multi-client support - use Titanium, Underfoot, RoF, RoF2 etc. as well as any future supported clients. Expect to download a special DLL to turn some client stuff off.
* Allow limited two-boxing - want to do an xfer in EC or buff your baby alt? Fine by me. As long as you're not getting xp feel free. Anyone found xping using boxing will however be subject to progressive discipline.
* Expansions that might include releases of content close to Live where it fit well with the Classic kind of feel (for example we're talking about a fairly stock PoP expansion as well as complete custom expansions to introduce playable races like Vah Shir and Frogloks).

Questions:
* Would you play on this server?
* What would you like to see change?
* Are you interested in taking on a role on this server eg Guide, Developer, GM etc.
* Would you like progression from Classic to Velious on a fixed timeframe or just start in Velious and start building expacs?

Your input is appreciated either on this thread or on the forums at:

http://eqlaunchpad.freeforums.net

Currently the Dev server is up and running with Betabuffers (to 60 with Velious gear) at most banks and at Vox / Naggy (52 with classic gear) hosted on a scalable Amazon EC2 instance. Hosting will be top notch, no basement home network stuff. Beta planned for Sept 1 and live Dec 1 2015 with Trilogy content so people can start levelling up.

I'd love to hear your input!

Regards,
Mg

phorest
04-25-2015, 04:22 PM
" Allow limited two-boxing - want to do an xfer in EC or buff your baby alt? Fine by me. As long as you're not getting xp feel free. Anyone found xping using boxing will however be subject to progressive discipline. "

You might want to rethink this policy. - Buffing your baby alt, healing your baby alt = Power leveling your baby alt = xping using boxing.

So i'd suggest just let people have a max access of 2 accounts per IP address.

So to answer the first question "would i play on this server" - having to solo or wait for other people to log in so i can exp on a slow exp server. Answer - No.

mgellan
04-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks for your input :) -- Mg