PDA

View Full Version : Ground spawns and environmental containers on RoF2

N0ctrnl
05-01-2015, 04:59 PM
So, I know one of the outstanding issues with RoF2 is the Z axis placement of objects. From the RoF2 Development thread:
3. RoF2 client does not automatically find the best Z location for ground spawn objects. This means that forges, bird baths, etc may need to be set to the correct Z location in the Database if they show as hovering.

So I've specified all kinds of different Z locs for forges and the like, but they always float at exactly the same level. Likewise, I don't see ground spawns either. To test, I upped the number of skinning rock spawns in East Wastes to 100 and still don't see a single one above ground.

Is this statement from the dev thread just wrong or is there something else I'm missing here?

Thanks!

dagulus2
05-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Changing the z axis on containers is definitely working on my server. Its a pain to have to do, but it works.

What happens when you move them in game with the #object command?

N0ctrnl
05-02-2015, 11:51 PM
I guess I just didn't have my mojo the other day when editing objects from the database. I can adjust them just fine using #object. My bad :P

Any thoughts on ground spawns?

dagulus2
05-03-2015, 06:53 AM
Changing the `max_z` value in the ground_spawns table appears to work, but remember you need the zone to reload for the change to go live.

This is however an absolute pain to do, I would much prefer if there was a command to change them in game like with objects.

TBH, I am not sure they are actually implemented correctly now anyway. It looks like they are supposed to spawn within a range of values, which is implemented for the X and Y coords. Z only has a max value, I assume the old best Z code automatically looked after finding the min_z value.