PDA

View Full Version : Data failing to load

Rikon
05-10-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm getting errors related to Item Load and Skill caps. I followed the Wiki instructions and can't get my world up and running. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://s1.postimg.org/d6zx32g1b/Screen_Shot_2015_05_10_at_9_09_37_AM.png

joligario
05-10-2015, 10:33 AM
Looks like your database is incomplete, corrupted, or the schema doesn't match the source requirements. Best we can guess with the given info.

Rikon
05-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Thanks. I'll try to repeat the process from the Wiki guide. One item of note, when I get to step 7, I cannot get info.php to show information, though it does appear in the directory structure on the server.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_on_Debian_7_Virtualbox

I provisioned a Debian server.

demonstar55
05-10-2015, 12:53 PM
I'm guessing you haven't run shared memory?

Rikon
05-10-2015, 01:01 PM
I have. I feel it's something small that I'm missing. I appreciate the assistance.
root@debian:/var/www# sysctl -p
kernel.shmmax = 134217728

Rikon
05-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Yup. Something funky is going on. This is my first attempt at installing via Linux. Any help is appreciated.

root@eq:~/eqemu# make
[ 7%] Built target luabind
[ 40%] Built target common
[ 42%] Built target shared_memory
[ 52%] Built target world
[ 52%] Building CXX object zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/lua_general.cpp.o
c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs> for instructions.
zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/build.make:882: recipe for target 'zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/lua_general.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/lua_general.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:276: recipe for target 'zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:117: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Shin Noir
05-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Hi Rikon,
I noticed that my guide is outdated and there's some new steps going on that weren't docuemnted before.

With my steps, you likely are getting

Can't locate URI/Escape.pm in @INC (you may need to install the URI::Escape module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.18.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.18 /usr/share/perl/5.18 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at eqemu_update.pl line 16.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at eqemu_update.pl line 16.
Can't locate URI/Escape.pm in @INC (you may need to install the URI::Escape module) (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.18.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.18.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.18 /usr/share/perl/5.18 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at eqemu_update.pl line 16.

If you are,

perl -MCPAN -e shell
install URI::Escape

Fixes it. There'll be a prompt for a second dependency, same steps as above, changing the "install" step to the other file.

Once you're done with this, you'll get an interactive UI to update/install your copy.

I plan to adjust my guide soon, as well as create a premade vm package as well soon.

Rikon
05-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Shin, it's a great walk-through, and I appreciate the reply. The issue still appears present, so I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong along the way.

root@eq:~/eqemu# make
[ 7%] Built target luabind
[ 40%] Built target common
[ 42%] Built target shared_memory
[ 52%] Built target world
[ 52%] Building CXX object zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/lua_general.cpp.o
virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory
zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/build.make:882: recipe for target 'zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/lua_general.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/lua_general.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:276: recipe for target 'zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [zone/CMakeFiles/zone.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:117: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Shin Noir
05-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Oh. Your error is because you didn't allocate enough memory for your virtual machine.
Do this:
http://i.imgur.com/5nlGXNJ.gif

and adjust memory. (You have to stop the server to tweak it)

Rikon
05-10-2015, 06:25 PM
I have 4gb RAM on this sever (dedicated, not virtual). Is more required?

Edit: Something squirrel-like is going on, on my end.

http://s30.postimg.org/uhdb5k5s1/Screen_Shot_2015_05_10_at_9_00_01_PM.png

Debian-7.1-64bit

mutidotpaul
03-26-2016, 11:39 PM
I plan to adjust my guide soon

Kind of a separate issue, but a also a perl and saw the reference to updating the guide so figured I could probably add it here

I ran into an issue after following the walkthrough today (3-26-2016) where the updater wasn't running after launching world so i ran this command to pull down a missing perl module:

perl -MCPAN -e'install "LWP::Simple"'

Just posting in case anyone else runs into it / if it can be added to the wiki