PDA

View Full Version : Zones misbehaving

provocating
05-12-2015, 11:10 AM
I have two zone processes that start to act up after a few weeks. They will start tacking out the processor at 100% where the other zones are just fine. Since there are plenty of cores I normally do not notice unless I do a top and see them.

Our source has a few changes but nothing that should cause this to happen. I thought originally it was one of our static zones but at this point I know that to not be the case. Mainly what I am looking for here is some ideas on pinpointing which dynamic zone is causing the issue. I looked through the logs and nothing just jumps out at me being an issue.

joligario
05-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Can only guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was related somehow to previous comments regarding: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39147

provocating
05-12-2015, 11:29 AM
I really hope not, but that will be where i concentrate my focus. The thing is the other servers have had zero issues. The zones that are static are operating fine.

I will focus in this area first though.

joligario
05-12-2015, 11:34 AM
Never know. Could be a simple cleanup issue in scripts or even source we haven't accounted for yet.

provocating
05-12-2015, 11:46 AM
One behavior I have noticed is Firiona Vie. I did have a problem with one particular NPC that was respawning on his day/night cycle. I guess most never noticed since other servers zones are dynamic. Since this was a boat zone, it remains static for us. After a few days this NPC had respawned 100's of times and all were pathing at the same time. Firiona would start pulling about 60% on it's cpu usage, that cleared up after fixing that script. I know that the misbehaving zone is not a static zone, so it is not something like that.

I will keep an eye on it and do some diagnostics on my end. It is not causing is an issue at the moment, two processes doing that is not hurting anything but I do want it fixed. Seems to take a week or so before it happens, always two zone process, never more or less. C++ coding is making more sense these days, liking it better than what I was used to, C#. I am confident I can get it fixed and keep those zones static.