PDA

View Full Version : Bot Crash

Hokiepw
05-14-2015, 06:08 PM
I am hoping I am missing something obvious. I am very new to this project. My current problem is with creating bots.

I am attempting to get everything running under Debian 7. I used the installation guide on this website, with a few tweaks, and got it up in running. I have been playing with Titanium on my own private server. I then got the private login server working and have been having no problems with that.

I found a modified sql to source the bots and turned on the flag with cmake with the options. I received some warnings but no errors when I sourced the sql.

When I am in the game, I can get many gm commands to run. "#bot help" has text showing valid commands. When I do "#bot list", I get a response that I don't have any bots. I try the "#bot create" command with a name, cleric (2), human (1), and male or female. The window shows I said that. After that, all gm commands just show as I said it and nothing works. If I try to zone, my client crashes. The logs don't seem to show anything useful.

Furniture
05-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Bots are currently broken, but what your describing isnt one of the usual symptoms. It seems like the server is crashing when trying to access the database to save a bots information so I'd guess the issue may be with the "modified sql" that you ran (im not positive). Also remember that there are several other issues with bots at the moment so you will have to edit the source code if you want your bots to be in a playable state. Some bug fixes are posted in the bot forums already but i dont believe all of them.

Hokiepw
05-15-2015, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the response. I was guessing my problem was with the database and probably not having the correct structure for the bots. I was thinking of going through the code and trying to figure out what the structure should be, but it probably isn't worth it if bots aren't really useful anyway. Thanks for your help.