PDA

View Full Version : spells_us.txt and spells_en.txt from client? Why?

Yummy
06-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Question
At this late date, how are spells_us.txt and spells_en.txt handled correctly?

1. Do nothing and use what resides withing peqdb?
2. Copy files from eq client to eqemu server root and do nothing?
3. Copy files from eq client to eqemu server root and use the import_spells.pl (or is it export_spells.pl)?
4. Something else?

Your guidance is much appreciated.

Specifications:
Source: eqemu/server/master dated 5/25/2015
PEQDB: peqbeta_2015-02-13-02_01.tar.gz
Client: RoF2 Built May 10 2013

Shendare
06-08-2015, 10:31 AM
The server uses the data in peqdb.spells_new, which was imported from spells_us.txt at some point when the max level was 90.

If you want to import a different spells_us.txt, you would use the import_spells.pl.

If you customize your spells_new table in the database, you'll need to download an updated spells_us.txt based on that data, which is what export_spells.pl is for.

There's also the newer import_client_files.exe and export_client_files.exe, which work with spells, skill caps, and base data.

N0ctrnl
06-08-2015, 11:11 AM
I'm pretty sure running the export_client_files script is preferable to export_spells now, as I don't think the spells one is updated anymore.

Yummy
06-08-2015, 01:39 PM
I will not be doing spell customizations, so I import peqdb and do nothing else, correct? No need to copy client files to server root. No need to to use export_client_files, etc.

Rikon
06-09-2015, 08:33 AM
I will not be doing spell customizations, so I import peqdb and do nothing else, correct? No need to copy client files to server root. No need to to use export_client_files, etc.

Correct. If you're not doing custom spell modifications, you just import the DB.

Yummy
06-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Correct. If you're not doing custom spell modifications, you just import the DB.

Awesome! Thank you, Rikon.