PDA

View Full Version : Funding Quest

chasem
06-29-2015, 09:06 PM
The amount of info in these forums is invaluable. Thank you to everyone who contributes. I have searched for this, but not been able to find what I am looking for.

This seems simple, but can't seem to figure it out: Is there a way to create an NPC that all players on the server can donate plat to and it keep an active record of how much has been donated?

Thank you all.

provocating
06-29-2015, 10:43 PM
Donations in total? Or actually keeping track of of individual contributions? There is already a system in place for this. There is a table called qs_player_handin_record and all you have to do is turn on this rule. I am pretty sure the server rule to turn on is QueryServ:PlayerLogHandins

So if you just want people handing this NPC money, that will do it. The NPC will not have any idea how much money has been handed to it. With that rule turned on, you will actually know every transaction on the server as far as money handed to NPC's. If you want something a little more custom you will have to write some Perl/Lua code and do you own table inserts.

chasem
06-30-2015, 08:45 AM
Thanks - That's a great start. Ultimately I am looking at having an NPC collect donations from players and at a certain point, more spells/weapons/ports will be available for the server.

So since the information is there, next step is figuring out a script to maybe keep track so players can see progress. Thanks so much!!

NatedogEZ
06-30-2015, 08:50 AM
What you are asking for sounds very easy to do with quest globals. If you aren't sure how to use them here is a link.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?How_To_Use_Quest_Globals

provocating
06-30-2015, 08:55 AM
What you are asking for sounds very easy to do with quest globals. If you aren't sure how to use them here is a link.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?How_To_Use_Quest_Globals

That was going to be my next suggestion. If you only need a tally of the amount quest globals will be your best best. If you need to keep track of each donator amount, you will need a different route.

chrsschb
06-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Edit: Why can't we delete replies.

Kingly_Krab
06-30-2015, 10:36 AM
chrsschb, it's so people can't delete away bad stuff and so we have a record, haha.

chrsschb
06-30-2015, 10:39 AM
chrsschb, it's so people can't delete away bad stuff and so we have a record, haha.

Yeah I know, I always feel like an idiot when I reply to something, realize I read it wrong, then I'm just sitting there with a wasted post haha.

That was going to be my next suggestion. If you only need a tally of the amount quest globals will be your best best. If you need to keep track of each donator amount, you will need a different route.

Maybe append an incrementing variable to a variable that tracks each donation.

Seems pretty bulky though if there were lots of donations. Simply tracking totals I think would be sufficient.

ghanja
06-30-2015, 03:21 PM

Quest globals would be fine to keep track of each character's total, even each "deposit", although at -that- point is when I would consider a whole new (independent) table.