PDA

View Full Version : Using DiaWind Plugin

chasem
07-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Putting some finishing touches on quest NPC's and decided to try and use the DiaWind plugin to enhance all the conversations taking place.

I seem to be able to use almost every element of it (pop-up boxes, colors, emotes, etc), except I cannot get the conversation to move forward whenever the "OK" button is clicked. It just stalls out for some reason.

If I am understanding the plugin correctly, whatever falls between [> should be the applied response when the "OK" button is pressed...

I'm using the default code example from the wiki page. Thanks for any help. While this isn't a necessity, not being able to figure it out is driving me nuts :p

sub EVENT_SAY{
if($text=~/hail/i){
plugin::DiaWind("Yawwnnn. Your name is {gold}$name~? Hrmm, I just can't {gold}remember anymore...~ {gray}I, I, I, ugh... what was it again...~
Ah, yes strange one. You wake me from my {lb}slumber~... wait what was it, {lb}who are you?~ I just want to {lb}remember~ [I can help you remember> +31+");
}
if($text=~/help you Remember/i){
plugin::DiaWind("The dreams I {lb}used to have~, they were {y}wondeakkadiusrful~. {lb}Dreams~ of {gold}mountains and skeletons~ and err...
fire I..I...{gray}I just don't remember~. Have you ventured into the {gold}angels tower and slept in their wonderful beds~?
They are amazing but it has been ages since I was able to {lb}feel those beds~.
The {y}angels~ {r}banished me~ from the {lb} tower~ for my deeds, but alas, that is another {y}story~...
Wait, I have a {y}wonderful idea~! {y}YES~!!! This idea is {lb}amazing~ and perhaps you would like to {lb}help~ me with it!!! [I will help you> +cheer+");
}
if($text=~/I will help/i){
plugin::DiaWind("Yes... whoever you are, small being. {lb}Sleep~ in each of those {lb}wonderful beds~ and fall into the dreams in which I try to remember.
Bring me back what you remember of the dreams and help {y}ME~ remember the days when I was able to sleep in those amazing beds, will yeh?
So what do you think? {y}Are you willing to take on this~ {lb}task~? [I will take on this task for you> +shrug+");
}
if($text=~/I will take on this task/i){
plugin::DiaWind("{y}Perfect~! Start now small one! I am going to try and sleep on this {gray}horrible bed~... +cheer+");
quest::taskselector(190);
}
}

Akkadius
07-18-2015, 06:08 PM
I'm on my phone but there should be a section on the wiki page that explains needing a piece of code in the global player script. This is what is responsible for handling responses from clicking ok on the window

Glad you're using the plugin, it is quite nice if I might say so myself

chasem
07-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Thanks Akkadius - I was looking in the wrong place. That fixed it. I had copied and pasted into the global_player.pl and was missing a "}". Amped up to try it out!!