PDA

View Full Version : Item link with large number

Rabuk
07-26-2015, 07:09 AM
Hello,
my first post here.

I did search trough the forum but could not find a correct answer.

My problem is that i have setup a private server and all my custom items i did put in a range of 1000000 ( 1mil. ).

I can summon the items and also use them. But if i create link for the items i get something like this: "The item you clicked on was not found....".
Or sometimes i get wrong items displayed.

I did test it with UF and ROF2 but got the same result when using links.
When i looked into the sourcecode for the generated link it uses uint32 for the item id.

Is there a problem with links using high numbers or is there a hack or fix for this kind of problem?

Regards, Rabuk

NatedogEZ
07-26-2015, 07:25 AM
Itemlinks over 500,000 are considered "saylinks" in our source

There is a large range of numbers before 500k that are unused so may want to lower the itemids.

Rabuk
07-26-2015, 07:52 AM
Itemlinks over 500,000 are considered "saylinks" in our source

There is a large range of numbers before 500k that are unused so may want to lower the itemids.

Ah cool thank you very much.
I was having npc's clones 46k arround and put them all in a range of 1000000+ since the npc's are in a range of 1 to 700k-900k id's.

So i did items for every npc and added 1mil to the id to easy get the item for the npc when he died in a script. :)

Now need to find good workarround that i can easy find the item for each cloned npc. Maybe i add another column to the item table with the npc id.

But thank you very much. :)

Uleat
07-26-2015, 06:21 PM
Assuming that any client doesn't limit to a lower number...

You're probably gonna be limited to a max of decimal 1048575 (hex FFFFF) due to the limit of the field in an item link.

This limit appears to apply to all currently supported clients.