PDA

View Full Version : Attention Pet Lovers

JimB_1958
08-17-2015, 12:18 PM
I wanted to invite people to come and check out something.

Leetsauce Productions Server has a new feature. Pet specialization.

First, Let me say up front that I owe thanks to a few people who helped me out when I got stuck with helpful tips on these boards:

NatedogEZ
Uleat
ghanga
Kingly_Krab
Leetsauce

Special thanks to Leetsauce. For all the helpful tips in our many conversations and for allowing me to develop this on his server.

I am, and always have been, a Pet lover. I just think it's a great feature in EQ. It just has always seemed incredibly ... underwhelming.

So, I added some features to spice pets up. All but #4 of these features can be accessed by Hailing your pet and getting saylinks or instructions from the pet. The pets remember the choices you make for them through zoning and re-summoning.

Feature #1 : Pet Name Change. You can now name your pet. There is a limited bad-word and reserved-word feature in this.

Feature #2 : Pet Race Change. There are over 100 races you can choose from in 5 categories. More to come in the future.

Feature #3 : Pet Class Change. Pets can get Warrior, Monk, Rogue, Wizard, Bard, or Wizard spells and abilities. (only available to special pets See Feature #4)

Feature #4 : Special pets are available to ANYONE of ANY CLASS over level 80. Mage, BeastLord, Necro, SK, and Shaman pets are more powerful than the basic pets available to all other classes. These pets can change class, and are pretty powerful compared to all other pets. They have 3 tiers and get more abilities and spells as tiers increase.

For a short while the quest NPC that gives the quest is letting any character "test-drive" these new pets (Tier 1 only). Only one "test-drive" per character.

I haven't run into any major bugs/issues with these features so far, but if you come check it out and find something please let me know in game or on our messageboards. Or just pass the word through our playerbase, they are a pretty helpful and supportive bunch of people.

- Elvis

Akkadius
08-17-2015, 12:24 PM
I love the shout outs!

ghanja
08-20-2015, 08:07 AM
Guess Imma have to fire up the ole client and check out the fruits of your labor bud. There certainly is no shortage of ingenuity around here, that's for certain.