PDA

View Full Version : Anything Out There Similar To...?

ak48
08-22-2015, 09:17 PM
I've been around this community for a while and there are a few servers that I've enjoyed thoroughly in the past but have since then been taken down unfortunately. I was just wondering if there is currently anything currently out or in development that has a heavy reliance on tradeskills, slower leveling/progression (no instant gratification) and custom content. I can't seem to find this on any of the servers currently online.

rhyotte
08-23-2015, 11:41 AM
I have not made it past the "Kicking Ideas Around" this time around. Yet. I was thinking about a modified Antonica, Kunark, Vellious server. The classes would be massaged via Deities so that each class would effectively have 'sub' classes...

--* :: A Dark Elf Cleric would probably go about their class duties differently than a High Elf might.

--* :: A Karana Ranger ( on the plains of Karana ) would probably use Ranged skills more so than an Innoruuk Ranger ( in the Nektulos Woods ) might.

As for trade crafts, Non humanoids would be less likely to drop immediately usable items. Instead, they would drop Trade Craft usable items. About 85% of the *MOST* powerful items in the game would be Crafted by players. Guilds would raid for items for their craftsmen, who would then make items that enable the next big push. This is not to say there would be zero item drops however... ;)

Unfortunately, RL has me a bit too busy to dedicate the time that would be required at the moment.