PDA

View Full Version : Scorpious2k Server is up

Scorpious2k
11-26-2015, 10:10 PM
It still has a lot of work needed, but without staff I am doing the best I can. :P

Website is http://scorpious2k.tk

microlo
11-26-2015, 10:30 PM
what is special about this server?

Scorpious2k
11-26-2015, 10:54 PM
what is special about this server?

Nothing much.

from here (http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverinfo&worldid=31)

Originally created May 2003, this is a reboot of the server you loved long ago. Custom-legit with many custom items and about 200 zones, 20 of which are custom built from scratch! They are not part of the Everquest package and are unique to our world.

Visit the Homeland islands
fight skeletons on Skull Island
explore the abandoned Homeland Mine filled with strange beings
see the forgotten temple and the priests that won't leave
don't miss the magnificence of Copper City (which replaces both bazaar and poknowledge).

provocating
11-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Scorpius 2k was very popular back when I first started frequenting this site. I never played there but my son did, it was his favorite server.

Secrets
11-26-2015, 11:12 PM
I absolutely loved this server. I'm gonna check it out, it's one of the few places you can play on that is truly unique.

Deleri
11-27-2015, 12:17 AM
What client is needed? :)

Scorpious2k
11-27-2015, 12:23 AM
What client is needed? :)

Best with UF but most supported ones *should* work.

Burningsoul
11-27-2015, 06:17 AM
I never thought I'd see the day. Damn good to have you back!

rhyotte
11-27-2015, 10:04 AM
I will definitely be giving this a try tomorrow! My wife would skin me if I dove right into something like this at the moment. ;)

Scorpious2k
11-27-2015, 01:04 PM
I notice a few people on, but no one is using our Mumble (voice) server...

Scorpious2k
11-28-2015, 01:41 PM
I notice a few people on, but no one is using our Mumble (voice) server...

Nevermind. Someone pointed out I hadn't given instructions on how to connect.

Ooooooops. :oops:

Scorpious2k
11-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Also, in the process of setting up the server, I noticed GeorgeS npc_loot_edit.exe didn't work any more, so I got out my hex editor and fixed it if anyone needs it.

Scorpious2k
11-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Also, in the process of setting up the server, I noticed GeorgeS npc_loot_edit.exe didn't work any more, so I got out my hex editor and fixed it if anyone needs it.

Oooops. Looks like Kingly_Krab did the same thing months ago: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showpost.php?p=241501&postcount=21

Nice work Kingly!

Scorpious2k
12-08-2015, 08:30 PM
Server is now beta. Listed as Scorpious2k: The Next Generation

Scorpious2k
12-25-2015, 08:38 PM
We now have the max level set at 130 as it was "back in the day" with the same custom code in the server to support it. So, yeah, that means no more hell levels either.

Scorpious2k
12-30-2015, 08:10 PM
The guildmasters have been fixed, you can now train at any time all the way up to level 130!

One bug at the moment... mobs seem to be dropping more than usual. :)

Scorpious2k
01-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Another feature from the original server is in.

Growing spells has been installed and is working well. This means that the spell you have gets better as you level higher.

Scorpious2k
01-15-2016, 04:01 PM
More progress:

The status bars (HP/mana/endurance) now work correctly for players after level 85 for all clients.

I've fixed the lootdrop code so that mindrop and droplimit actually work as expected.

jpyou127
01-20-2016, 11:52 AM
Just so you know, I am interested in this!!

In fact the spells that grow as you level I would like to implement!

Celestial

Scorpious2k
01-20-2016, 07:01 PM
Just so you know, I am interested in this!!

In fact the spells that grow as you level I would like to implement!

Celestial

I don't want to get accused of posting in the wrong forum, but I'm willing to discuss this elsewhere - let me find a place. I'm thinking custom code would be the place for this. What do you think?

jpyou127
01-20-2016, 07:07 PM
Custom code sounds great!

Celestial

Scorpious2k
03-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Our host was down all day, causing the Scorpious2k Server to also be unavailable.

It's back up now. So are we.

Ephyr
03-11-2016, 04:58 PM
What kind of difficulty is this server designed to support? Couldn't find a lot of info on this. Is it solo/small group? Need a ton of people?

Scorpious2k
03-11-2016, 09:27 PM
In my opinion, although it may not be easy, you can solo much of it.

That said, the high end of the server probably can't be. Most players group or multi-box.

Fridgecritter
03-22-2016, 07:12 PM
Wow... I come back to check in and jump onto a few servers and check the forums and I see you're back! Awesome. I'll be on later.

Boredorm
04-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Hey guys I would like to formally invite everyone to come check out the custom server Scorpious2k I am not an admin or a GM of the server just a player who really enjoys the server and I think that some/all of you would really enjoy it as well. We have several beginner guides on the forums which you can find here, http://scorpious2k.tk/ , as well as the custom server files. We are always discovering new hidden quests and fun toys, as well as they always listen to the players to help improve our gameplay! Please come out and enjoy the server with us. If you need help or advice while on server look for Irsmart, Fritzzir (or any other Fritz), Logi, or any of our players really we are a very welcoming and helpful bunch.

Hope to see you soon!
Irsmart!!

deljr
04-17-2016, 12:24 AM
Just wanted to chime in here with some good words of encouragement for S2k. I've been having a lot of fun here. You can solo or box up to a full group or even join in a group with others. The tutorial zones are interesting with nice starting armor and weapons and a few quests. lots of mobs to kill and a good number of custom zones. I've met a good number of nice and helpful players, as well.

S2k needs work, sure, but the owner is working on it actively and is active in the playing community. I think its pretty cool to be a part of a server that's growing as I play. I would encourage everyone to give it a try. I stopped in to just look and a month later I'm still here. Anyway, just my 2 cents of endorsement. :)

DanCanDo
06-02-2016, 01:07 PM
I was reading some "old", maybe even nostalgic, posts in this server forum. I noticed
Scorpius server dates as far back as 2004 ? From what I read, it seemed this one and
another one called Winter's Roar were two of the most popular.

Scorpious2k
06-02-2016, 03:15 PM
May 18, 2003 was when we brought the server up for the first time.

The top servers back then were ours, Winter's Roar (which later became Shards of Dalaya), and Guildwars.

DanCanDo
06-02-2016, 08:19 PM
2003, wow.
I was actually suprised at the time frame in the starting of this whole emu project and
servers like yours being up only a few years after eq live got going.
As I scrolled through the changelog of the source (from gitpull) the earliest was from
8/10/03 but not really sure when it actually all got started, as far as the first public
emu servers going up.

Uleat
06-02-2016, 08:34 PM
I remember hearing about it when I was still playing live - early 2002 - but, I don't think they had any 'active' servers at that time.

Scorpious2k
06-03-2016, 05:27 PM
It was a lot different back then. There were two DB available. Mobs didn't move in any of them - which was fine since the server code didn't work. It was one of my early fixes, before I even became a developer. :) It broke again when Sony changed it client side and I fixed it again.

I did a lot of code fixes on our server, then when they were tested I passed them on to EQEmu. On the plus side, our players got the fixes/new stuff first. On the minus side, how do you say guinea pigs nicely?

Historical note: there was someone named tcsmyworld who started a third DB. He wanted to have moving NPCs and that became the unique offering initially in his DB. It's still around, they call it PEQ now.

Shin Noir
06-03-2016, 06:18 PM
It was a lot different back then. There were two DB available. Mobs didn't move in any of them - which was fine since the server code didn't work. It was one of my early fixes, before I even became a developer. :) It broke again when Sony changed it client side and I fixed it again.

I did a lot of code fixes on our server, then when they were tested I passed them on to EQEmu. On the plus side, our players got the fixes/new stuff first. On the minus side, how do you say guinea pigs nicely?

Historical note: there was someone named tcsmyworld who started a third DB. He wanted to have moving NPCs and that became the unique offering initially in his DB. It's still around, they call it PEQ now.

And the rest is history.

Scorpious2k
06-04-2016, 02:26 PM
And the rest is history.

History isn't what it used to be. Back in my day....

DanCanDo
06-04-2016, 06:32 PM
I remember hearing about it when I was still playing live - early 2002 - but, I don't think they had any 'active' servers at that time.

I'm quite fascinated with the history of how all this got started. I didn't know
about the project back then, let alone servers becoming active. All the hard
work you people put in to progressing this project to where it's got, I don't
think anyone can argue the recognition you all deserve.
It's not so much the option of people being able to make a server "their own
way", but being able to have their own EQ right at home.
And now, with the diversity of public servers, like this one and others, players
can pick their own preference for original, classic, custom, pvp, etc.
I have no idea what drives all of you to put the work in that you have and do,
but I'm inclined to think of it all as "Everquest, without borders" (chuckle)

DanCanDo
06-06-2016, 07:26 PM
I logged on to your server just to poke around, it was quite interesting in Rivervale.
The "invader" bunnies cruising around instead of the infamous rats were nice touch,
but they conned red and hit 2K plus ? (chuckle)

Scorpious2k
06-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Flying rabbits. They also drop red bull.

Don't underestimate the rabbits... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnOdAT6H94s

DanCanDo
06-06-2016, 08:46 PM
ROFL now that's funny. Pretty much what happened to my little halfling. One hit.
"invader has hit you for 2348 damage."
loading .......
(chuckle)