PDA

View Full Version : Starting to think Macroquest is the Devil

sunbeam
12-08-2015, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I'm sure I'm late to the party on that one.

But was reading a thread on "Mike's Solo Server" about PoP flagging, and how "warping" so totally borked all the work he had done on the Flag scripting that the dev threw in the towel on it, and just went with level requirements to zone in.

Personally I use Macroquest for two things, and only those two things:

1) The follow command does not work with the base emu setup on these servers. Sure it KIND of works, but not really. Unless you want to continually alt tab to see if your party is actually following you, or do the 360 rotation every 20 seconds, then alt tab to find out what hill or tree your guy(s) are hung up on, it's unworkable.

At least on servers where boxing is the solution to low population and soloing.

At this point I'd almost say there ought to be a custom "COTH" command. I know this isn't standard, but it gets you out of the need to run /stick with Macroquest (or whatever other boxing program you use).

2) Personally I use the Macroquest map thing. I know it is basically ShowEQ and more really.

But while I don't mind doing the long run without these zone commands or teleport npc's, at this point in my life I just do not have the patience to zone into someplace, and fight my way to some spawn point only to find the NPC of interest is not up.

And I definitely do not have the patience to randomly wander around outdoor zones looking for Grimfeather or Froglok foragers/hunters anymore. I could box with a tracker I guess, but my preferred style is just to have one character.

I once spent 35 minutes running around skyfire looking for Talendor. You now he looks just like every other wyrm or whatever they are called in that zone from a distance? You literally have to run up to each one to see if it's him or not.

Just don't have the patience or interest in that anymore. That is not the challenge I'm looking for.

I guess everyone can play the game the way they want. But I don't even know what someone gets out of using that program and just continually warping to whatever NPC they want. I was on one server where I and someone else was doing "The Carprin Cycle." I was running around to each spawn point individually only to find the other guy warped there without bothering to run.

Maze_EQ
12-08-2015, 06:16 AM
Talendor looks like nagafen, pretty sure not everything in SF looks like nagafen, you must be very bad at this game.

chrsschb
12-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Personally I use Macroquest for two things, and only those two things:

1) The follow command does not work with the base emu setup on these servers. Sure it KIND of works, but not really. Unless you want to continually alt tab to see if your party is actually following you, or do the 360 rotation every 20 seconds, then alt tab to find out what hill or tree your guy(s) are hung up on, it's unworkable.

At least on servers where boxing is the solution to low population and soloing.

Works fine for my 3-box. /stick is very useful, and I found it more useful for sticking my bots to a raid target and no longer having to worry about positioning during the fight. I could just drag the target around with the tank and the rest followed behind the mob nicely.

But I don't use it anymore (only used it on live), so yeah.

But while I don't mind doing the long run without these zone commands or teleport npc's, at this point in my life I just do not have the patience to zone into someplace, and fight my way to some spawn point only to find the NPC of interest is not up.

And I definitely do not have the patience to randomly wander around outdoor zones looking for Grimfeather or Froglok foragers/hunters anymore. I could box with a tracker I guess, but my preferred style is just to have one character.

Just don't have the patience or interest in that anymore. That is not the challenge I'm looking for.

You playing the right game?

sunbeam
12-08-2015, 12:17 PM
You playing the right game?

Maybe not.