PDA

View Full Version : Gloomingdeep Behavior

djeryv
02-24-2016, 08:27 AM
I am curious about how the emulator handles the Mines of Gloomingdeep.

1. Is there a way out into Crescent Reach?
2. If the rule value is set, does the zone kick you out if you are that certain level?
3. It is supposed to push you to the Plane of Knowledge (if #2 is true) if you are too high a level. Is this some behavior that can be changed? If so, where? Or is it hard coded?

- Djeryv

Kingly_Krab
02-24-2016, 09:02 AM
1. Yes, you can just not allow tutorial. This is done by modifying your rule_values settings.

2. Yes, it is also Perl/Lua-based. Check player.pl in tutorialb's quest folder.

3. Yes, and I believe you can change it, I don't know where exactly off the top of my head. I'm currently in class, so I can't really look through the code for you.

djeryv
02-24-2016, 10:03 AM
I don't want to deny the tutorial zone, just trying to understand how it works. I know you can go to Arias and say "escape" to get out...I was just wondering what other ways there are to leave the mines.

I'll check out that player.pl file in that folder later.

"Yes" as in it is "hard coded"? I didn't really want to change the source code to change that behavior.

Kingly_Krab
02-24-2016, 11:03 AM
You can leave through Arias, or you can click the cave exit and teleport to Plane of Knowledge that way. The player.pl will handle the cave I am talking about, as it is a door. I don't think it's hard-coded, I believe it is also Perl-based; however, if it isn't, do forgive me, as I haven't really messed with Gloomingdeep in a long time. Just check out the player.pl in the quest folder and it should answer a couple of your questions.

djeryv
02-24-2016, 12:04 PM
I will check out the perl script tonight. Thanks for all the answers.

I am removing the POK books from the various starting cities because I want my server to kinda run the old fashion way. Right now I edited Arias' perl script so when you say "escape" or "leave", you actually get teleported to your race/class/deity starting city as the perl script reads that info from the database.

I am not removing POK, but one would need to find another way there like the Great Divide for example...or maybe the Nexus. The Arias script works pretty slick...but I want that cave entrance to do the same kind of thing. I also want to have people (who are too high level to be in Gloomingdeep) "not" go the POK but to their home city.

Hence the questions I was asking. Thanks again.

Kingly_Krab
02-24-2016, 12:41 PM
The cave entrance is a Perl script as well, it's in player.pl, just write the same code you did for Arias for the cave entrance. And I understand, a lot of people want to do the old school or classic-era servers for whatever reason, haha.

Uleat
02-24-2016, 03:29 PM
I believe that someone else modified their db to do away with the pok books..or, at least there's a thread about it somewhere around here.

djeryv
02-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Sure...I seen the posts on how to get rid of them, but I want to make sure they don't get there through Gloomingdeep as well.

djeryv
02-24-2016, 08:44 PM
I see that when you enter Gloomingdeep, you cast Ring of the Nexus on yourself and the perl script has it hard coded in there at level 15. So I don't know what the rule value is used for then.

N0ctrnl
06-07-2016, 12:25 PM
sub EVENT_ENTERZONE {
quest::selfcast(36);
}

Note: Had to put this here because I've had to rethink this a few times. Just gating players to bind is the behavior I went with.

DanCanDo
06-07-2016, 08:51 PM
In the doors table the old version name of PoK books is POKTELE500

The newer version (like in the revamped zones) is OBJ_POK_BOOK_