PDA

View Full Version : I can get in with DSL but not Dailup - plz

mudman
11-27-2002, 07:05 AM
Ok i use the DSL to host on the server and the dailup to connect with the client.

I am connecting at 49k, with a USR Robitics Pro external modem. I think the connection is fine. I can dailup EQ Live no problem and my dailup connection worked fine before the last couple releases of Eqemu.

No however I notice the following results. When connecting to character select screen. Very long time to load the characters. When trying to enter world, i will get dissconected and go back to server select screen. I have tried it on everone's servers allways the same thing.

I uninstalled EQ and reinstalled and it seemed to fix it once, but now it is doing it again. again my connection seems fine. I am using Win 2k pro , but also tried it with an old win 98 SE install same deal.

What the hell is going on, I mean my dialup connection seems fine. Is there a modem option to set? I tried changing the datarata, and unstalling the modem connection. Virus protection is off, and no connection optimizer software.

I notice absolutely no recieve lights when the modem is trying to zone the character into to world. The modem is sending but not communicating.

If anyone has experienced this/solved please explain. Possibly a Dev can look into why a dailup would be so fragile now... or suggest options ..

also i dont see any particular errors on the server when I am trying to log in, it just dropps the client..

Thanks much,
Mudman

Defender Server