PDA

View Full Version : blood and rank down?

tako_EQ
12-18-2016, 06:37 PM
blood and rank server been down today, any ETA if it is going to return?

tried registering for website bloodandrank.com and it isnt registering forum accts.

just curious if anyone has heard when it will be coming back up

Kavanah
12-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Unfortunately yes it is down for a day or two. The staff is working on getting it back up. An issue arose with the hosting company and is being resolved as we speak. Luckily they do frequent backups.

-Bugbutt

tako_EQ
12-18-2016, 09:38 PM
thats terrible news to hear. so its def gonna be down 1-2 days at the minimum? any confirmation of this or updated eta?

just found server and was fun, but this is obviously troubling info, does this server go down frequently for multiple days?

Kavanah
12-19-2016, 01:37 AM
The server is extremely stable as it is professionally hosted. However, an issue arose and the server went down. Velz is working very hard to get everything back up and running. I don't know all the details. I just know he said it should be back up in a day or two.

The server is excellent! Look forward to getting back in!

tako_EQ
12-19-2016, 11:32 PM
wow still down?

any dev/gm from B&R able to comment on this situation

Kavanah
12-20-2016, 12:04 AM
You can get updates here. Vel has a new server set up. Now it's to bring all the files over, secure it, and get everyone back to where they were. May be a little bit longer as this is an extensive process.

http://www.bloodandrankforums.site/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2448

Scorpious2k
12-20-2016, 06:49 AM
Extensive process?

I've done this countless times and it usually takes a couple of hours. Have I been missing steps that take days?

Anyone else take days to do this?

Maze_EQ
12-20-2016, 11:57 AM
@Scorpious2k

When you don't know what you're doing, it takes considerably longer than the normal person.

They were doing "monthly" backups, instead of nightly backups.

It's only the 10th iteration of BNR. Some folk never learn :).

Member Berries
12-20-2016, 08:55 PM
yeah, server looks fun but the population and relaunches/managemnt make me qant to walk in the other direction.

Scorpious2k
12-20-2016, 09:18 PM
@Scorpious2kThey were doing "monthly" backups, instead of nightly backups.

Ooops. I get 3 backups a night in my email. DB, Quest files (zipped), and website. Experience makes you paranoid. ;)

And yes, it's an automated process that makes the backups, zips up the quest files, and emails it all to me.

Maze_EQ
12-21-2016, 01:20 PM
I always configure remote backups as a first thing.

I ran mid-day and nightly full backups when I hosted Sanctuary.

Most you could lose to a data loss situation was 1-2 hours, I had incremental backups that would run at multiple points during the day.

Off-sited to 2 different locations, plus local on my Isilon with my Isilon having it's own backup routine.

Mine were automated through PowerShell.

Thorpa
12-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Anyone able to confirm an ETA for the downtime? The website won't register new accts either.

Kavanah
12-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Server has been up for a few days now. May have been locked once or twice while a few things were fixed.