PDA

View Full Version : Make Players Stronger / NPC weaker

Darkened Shadows
01-17-2017, 10:59 PM
I tried searching and googleing maybe I'm not just using the proper term or phrase.

I have set up my own server for my children and I but as there are only 3 of us and a typical group is 6 I want to be able to make characters 2x as strong. I am open to making NPCs weaker so the game feels more stock like. would like to be able to roll into a normal 6 man group area with just a tank, dps and healer.

werebat
01-18-2017, 09:42 AM
You can adjust the hps, ac and other stats of npc's via the npc_type table. I tried it before and it works well. Just keep in mind that if its too easy it may get boring pretty quick. Try setting hp's to a % like 50% or 60% to start and get a feel for what level of challenge you are looking for.

Darkened Shadows
01-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Yea I found that in the DB but your talking 100s/1000s of changes manually. I didn't know if there was a way to just blanket change all mobs XX% to make them a slight bit more manageable for 3 players. I am trying to not change anything as in 1999 when I started playing EQ that challenge was part of the allure of the game for myself. But I also remember some places like City of Mist you almost had to have a full group to work your way into the place any deeper than the door.

Maze_EQ
01-18-2017, 11:58 AM
There are queries on this forum that I have posted.

Search is awesome.

werebat
01-18-2017, 12:10 PM
One line fixes all, for example: this line will halve the hp's of all npcs

update npc_types set hp = hp * 0.5;

Backup your table first so if you mess up you can restore it.

Maze_EQ
01-18-2017, 12:37 PM
You'd probably want to do the same with dmg, resists, str dex cha wis sta...

Darkened Shadows
01-18-2017, 02:13 PM
One line fixes all, for example: this line will halve the hp's of all npcs

update npc_types set hp = hp * 0.5;

Backup your table first so if you mess up you can restore it.

Just what I was looking for TY!! I am new to this database stuff.

If your faster than I can google can ya tell me howto backup just the table else I will just google how to backup the entire DB and figure out how to restore it if I fudge it all up.

My plan is to get our little home group together until we have issues and just tweak things down 5% @ a time until we are just able to get threw a zone without issues. We plan to hit the old CB Keep tonight that should give us a good baseline.

Maze_EQ
01-18-2017, 02:54 PM
To make a full backup.

mysqldump -u [uname] -p[pass] [dbname] > [backupfile.sql]

To make a table backup

mysqldump -u [uname] -p[pass] [dbname] [tablename] > [backupfile.sql]

Akkadius/Trevius/Image/someone

Can you move this to the correct area?