PDA

View Full Version : Project 2002

GRUMPY
03-06-2017, 11:57 PM
Seen this server up on the green today. Doesn't look like it's ready to go yet but is it affilliated in anyway with the great work of P99 ?

Maze_EQ
03-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Naw, totally different I believe.

They're using eqmac database and code.

But they run a tight ship, and it's legit af.

GRUMPY
03-07-2017, 11:01 PM
Oh ok, is that based on the same code as Al'Kabor ? I downloaded their client and logged on just to check it out. I love the classic era's,
like P99, etc., but I like the modern client UI's and features too much. Would be interesting to see what this P-2002 is going to use.

Hitpoint
03-08-2017, 12:29 AM
I don't see it on the server list.

I see "Better2002 - Single Box PoP-Locked EverQuest" but this is something different apparently.

GRUMPY
03-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Name has been changed twice now, since my OP, but same one.

sunbeam
03-08-2017, 01:59 PM
What exactly is the difference between the two Al'Kabor servers?

One is listed in the EMU server list, the other uses their own login.

Anyone fill me in on the big picture?

jpyou127
03-08-2017, 02:48 PM
As far as TAKP goes: Cavedude (PEQ Grand Creation), Speedz, and 3 other devs are building TAKP to be original Al'Kabor accurate. As a side effect they are also fixing any issues that come up. They are constantly fixing, and making the server better. Just check out their forums and you will see constant active attention. They also use a specific to Al'kabor client. You can download the client from their wiki for PC and MAC. They are using EQEMU but are highly modifying it to work seamlessly with the single client they are using.

As far as I know P2002 was using the TAKP database until the AKP devs stopped posting the DB updates. I tried playing there once and was not impressed.