PDA

View Full Version : Don't own expansion

TheRasquatch
03-23-2017, 09:09 AM
My friend started up his private server again with the RoF2 client and almost everything is running smoothly. We have encountered an issue where different players can't zone into specific zones and the list is different for each user.

I personally can't zone into PoFire or any of the froglock zones beyond the starting zone. When I try to zone in it says "You do not own the expansion necessary for this zone etc.."

My friend playing on the same server can zone into those areas but can't zone into others, like the Halls of Honor, and he gets the same error message.

My attempts to google the problem have led nowhere and I'm out of ideas, does anyone know what the problem is?

GRUMPY
03-23-2017, 09:21 AM
Your friend needs to go into the database and check these settings;

In the rule_values table,

World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings (value set to false)

World:ExpansionSettings (value set to 16383)

In the variables table, another expansion setting set to 16383 (enables all expansions)

Uleat
03-23-2017, 01:07 PM
There is an issue (recently revisited in a thread) in the RoF2 client translator that needs to be updated with the newer zone fail case.

That is almost undoubtedly the level restriction failure message being sent as the wrong value for RoF2.

I ran across this exact issue when RoF was implemented and have had several reports of it with RoF2.

I'm assuming that you guys haven't been keeping track of whether #gm on is allowing you access into zones where #gm off is not?

A good place to check this is the Crescent Reach to Blightfire Moors zone line - with a low-level toon, of course :)

Lordvare
03-23-2017, 04:16 PM
I am said friend. He who is spoken of in lore of eld! And ya know.. also the OP for the thread.

In response to the offered help which I greatly appreciate;

GRUMPY: The database world rule values are set correctly so far as I can tell. Both false and 16383 are set as they should be.

Uleat: You are correct that I have not been keeping track of anything to do with #gm on/off. As far as I am aware there are no GM privileges allowed on the server for anyone at this time. That said, I will login this evening and try to test if that is connected to the problem.

Thank you both for taking the time to try and help us with this issue.

Maze_EQ
03-23-2017, 05:21 PM
On ROF2 this is most common in level-restricted zones.

Try zoning into Fearplane at lvl 1, and try at 46.

If you get the message, that's your issue.

GRUMPY
03-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Maze is right. I never had this issue before but I just tested it with crescent and moors. Setting the level requirements
gave me that message when trying to zone.

Uleat
03-23-2017, 06:02 PM
I said gm in my post..it may be more correct to say status, instead.

GRUMPY
03-23-2017, 06:05 PM
This is what the server log entry was. (with #GM off on a gm toon)
[Error] Zone 394 is not available because target wasn't found or character insufficent level

GRUMPY
03-23-2017, 06:22 PM
If you want to enable access to all zones by all players, regardless of level or status you can run this query
into DB to simplify things.

UPDATE zone set min_level = 0;
UPDATE zone set min_status = 0;

Lordvare
03-23-2017, 08:01 PM
I turned on GM for my account and then enabled it for my character. Presto, I can get into every one of those problem Zones as soon as I had GM turned on. So that seems to be the problem.

I will try that query and see if it helps. Again, thank you all for the help.

Edit: Unfortunately the query did not seem to fix the problem. However those are changed I would have wanted to make to the zones regardless. Thanks for the suggestion. It would seem the quest continues. I suppose I must figure out what keyword will cue up quest progression with Uleat...

TheRasquatch
03-23-2017, 08:11 PM
Just to clarify things on my end, this is the error I'm getting.

"The zone that you are attempting to enter is part of an expansion that you do not yet own. You may need to return to the Login screen and enter an account key for that expantion etc.."

GRUMPY
03-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Edit: Unfortunately the query did not seem to fix the problem. However those are changed I would have wanted to make to the zones regardless. Thanks for the suggestion. It would seem the quest continues. I suppose I must figure out what keyword will cue up quest progression with Uleat...

If you simply ran the query while the server is running without doing anything else, that won't take effect yet.
Either reboot or from in game with gm, run a reload

GRUMPY
03-23-2017, 08:20 PM
Sorry, guess I should of been more specific about ingame #reloadzonepoints

Uleat
03-23-2017, 09:06 PM
In the RoF2 client, the level restriction message that the server currently sends is misinterpreted by the client as a missing expansion message.

There is no eta for a fix due to the correct value being unknown.

Tegila
04-01-2018, 02:25 PM
If you want to enable access to all zones by all players, regardless of level or status you can run this query
into DB to simplify things.

UPDATE zone set min_level = 0;
UPDATE zone set min_status = 0;

thanks man, though I think i did that for the 1 zone my buddy was trying ot get into and he still couldnt...and he cant leave poknowledge right now, but getting same error (insufficient experience etc)

so far hes the only one , but he's the only one thats gone anywhere outside vanilla eq, tutorial, or crescent reach other than me and i was on gm when i went

these 2 lines fixed his zoning issue though

Tegila
04-03-2018, 03:17 PM
and...now we're all havign this issue. Not with the zoning, but with our extended target windows. the game says we need to own underfoot. Thing is, we all had the extended target window until yesterday or this morning, now it's disappeared. It's not like we patched or anything, so what's the deal?

i tried changing accounts owned in account but that didnt do anything unless i have to restart server but that would make no sense, /camp desktop and back should be more than sufficient for account flags. I would understand if it was never there, but why would they all disappear now? Even on my GM account

I thought i was going to get it fixed when i found the other expansions setting (variables) thats in hex powers (-1), then doing the math setting it to include RoF for all, but that didn't work. However, before I realized my extended target window had also disappeared, I'd spent an hour trying to fix the zone-in from BFM to CR to no avail. It zones you in at a heading that will zone you right back out again, but no matter how I tried to make it take effect and regardless of the correct heading now showing in the db, it still zones in facing back out. grr. [if anyone's curious, most know 0 is base, 1 is 1, 255 is 8th expac, but the default 16383 is only 12th expac. from there it goes 32767, 65535, 131071, 262154, 524287. I searched all over and nothign had a list just one number or another. 255 was in one place associated with "all available" and another with just GoD. So i ended up searching for 16383 itself on google and eventually found that it and the other numbers mentioned in regards to expansions were all 1 lower than hexadecimal powers of 2. The lower numbers should look familiar 16, 32, 64, 128 etc.

NOw, these numbers dont coincide with expansion numbers, or 0 would be first not base game, 255 would be 8th not 7th etc..then it gets trickier when 16383 is neither the 14th nor the 13th expac, but the 12th (at least from the documentation i found) so after testing 524287 and finding it did not enable xtarget nor flag for UF, I took it up a few more notched to what I believe is the max the game can even process: 2097147. After 2097148 numbers start going negative (discovered in bazaar after recent years' inflation in particular) so, that's what I'm going to go with and cross my fingers.

I know on Live they can take certain features and give them to everyone, i.e. change teh expansion that feature counts as, but I haven't been able to find anything like that for extended target in eqemu yet. I also havent tried zoning to UF+ with a non-GM account yet to see if that's an issue or just the extended target. This expansions owned flag is a pita though, and only so far restricted to the extended target window access (and regardless of expansion flags). We all had it when we made toons, so it wasn't the client game folder. We all play from different computers, so it's not a corruption in a file in the game folder or we wouldn't all be affected. I didn't change anything that was remotely near anything that SHOULD affect this in SQL, all I've done since before this began was create recipes and NPC-specific .pl files.

To test this out I just now ported a non-GM account with me to brell's rest, no problem, so the expansion is fully available. That leaves the question stil labout what happened to the extended target windows. They should be usable in eqemu, there's a # command to set how many targets someone can have on it even, and that goes through without issue. What could this be?

GRUMPY
04-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Double check Character:EnableXTargetting in rule values table, make sure it is set to true.

Tegila
04-03-2018, 05:38 PM
it is set to true...

Tegila
04-03-2018, 05:41 PM
might World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings have anythign ot do with it? it's set to false, though i haven't touched it, that's how it came by default

Also, I just found yet another expansions setting, this time in rule values, and I changed it to match the variables change I made earlier. restarting server to test again. haven't touched the useclientbasedexpac setting yet as i'm not entirely sure what that does.

GRUMPY
04-03-2018, 06:01 PM
If you changed your expansion settings to an expansion "before" xtarget was around, that would of disabled it.

Tegila
04-03-2018, 06:02 PM
ok so that seems to have broken the game (setting rule_value world::expansion whatever to 2097147) I couldnt enter game form charsel after several attempts and 2 server restarts, so I went down a notch to 1048575 and restarted, entered world no problem.

AND: It fixed teh extended target issue as well. Idk if peq.variables.expansions affected anythign whatsoever, but peq.rule_values.world::expansions whtaever did.

Now to figure out what expansion the server thinks that is, VoA or RoF.

GRUMPY
04-03-2018, 06:04 PM
World:ExpansionSettings 16383 to enable ALL expansions

Tegila
04-03-2018, 06:07 PM
If you changed your expansion settings to an expansion "before" xtarget was around, that would of disabled it.

No, I hadn't. I'd changed it after the xtarget issue started, and changed it from 16383 (supposedly TSS) to 524287 first (what I believed to be UF, but may be SoD) and then to 2097147...don't use that number, though it doesnt seem to affect a single thing when changed under peq.variables.

What I found in rule_values, was that it was also set there to TSS (16383) and I hadn't touched that even remotely, though changing it here now has fixed things. 1048575=good. 2097147=bad mmkay (I thought 2097148 was the game-breaking threshhold, but apparently its 2097147 or a little less)

Tegila
04-03-2018, 06:08 PM
World:ExpansionSettings 16383 to enable ALL expansions

That's what an old post said about 255, back when y'all only supported the Titanium client, but it doesn't.

GRUMPY
04-03-2018, 06:16 PM
Ok, I need a waitress, a stiff drink and a pillow :)

https://image.ibb.co/iOHoEx/tenor.gif

Uleat
04-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Set it to '0' and it will match the server-select message about no expansions :)

Tegila
04-03-2018, 06:27 PM
lol, just not a stiff waitress huh. Idk which 16383 is for sure, TSS, TBS, or even SoF, but it doesnt = ALL. Using a higher number worked (though NOW i find a post about the issue saying to use the client expac setting on true) In hex, going by powers of 2, 16383 is only 14, well 1 below it like 255 was 1 below 8 previously, and since RoF was the 19th expac, it is impossible for 255 to have meant ALL, and 16383 to mean all (except if all=SoF or before) 524287 as a bare minimum must=all currently being that that denotes a power of 19, but if the number needed is the expac+1 due to the base game, then 1048575 is required, and after my testing, works.

If for some reasons someone wanted to run a server starting in SoF and unlocking only 1 expac at a time as they went, these numbers would be needed to do so, but from my understanding, no one has even attempted such a thing here just used some QoL aspects of newer stuff, not the actual content.

Uleat
04-03-2018, 06:43 PM
That's also assuming the client being used is fully adaptive to each expansion rather than just turning on/off certain features.

Tegila
04-03-2018, 07:04 PM
It should be. If you downloaded the rof2 client off steam, then tried to login on an alt that didn't have the expacs, you could still get in using the client, but couldnt make use of anything exclusively rof2. I know something's flat out changed in the game, like the commonlands zones, but I wasn't around then to know if someone without the expacs they changed on could play from a client that was, though I'm sure once they removed the files it's a whole new ball game.

GRUMPY
04-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Tegila, I have both the UF and the RoF2 clients. My expansions settings are 16383.
I can access any and all zones (currently) in the database, which is up to 20, Rain Of Fear.
That access, I can do with the RoF2 client. Like a few minutes ago, I was in eviltree zone.
BUT, if I try that with a basic UF client, it won't happen on my server, not even with GM toon.

Tegila
04-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Tegila, I have both the UF and the RoF2 clients. My expansions settings are 16383.
I can access any and all zones (currently) in the database, which is up to 20, Rain Of Fear.
That access, I can do with the RoF2 client. Like a few minutes ago, I was in eviltree zone.
BUT, if I try that with a basic UF client, it won't happen on my server, not even with GM toon.

Do you have use client settings true or false though? And if it's false, why did increasing my expansion setting from 16383 then enable the target?

Rof was 19 fyi, idk what emu considers rof2 though, I know cotf was 20 officially as it was the last one I bought on live.

GRUMPY
04-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Do you have use client settings true or false though? And if it's false, why did increasing my expansion setting from 16383 then enable the target?

Rof was 19 fyi, idk what emu considers rof2 though, I know cotf was 20 officially as it was the last one I bought on live.

First of all, that World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings if you set that to false, clients will
use the expansion setting that you set on the server. (Rules, variables) but if you set that
to true, the client will use it's own limits. (I have mine set to false).
Here's an example. If you enabled expansions up to PoP and left that clientbased setting to
false, the client would see AA's available only up to PoP.

But as far as expansions, if you look in the "zone" table, the column marked "expansion", you
will see what expansion numbers are listed for each zone. I would encourage you not to
expect too much exact comparison to "Live" with the coding on the EQEmu.

Uleat
04-03-2018, 07:39 PM
RoF2 is still the Rain of Fear expansion.

We denote that in the server code as a separate and unique client build from RoF, just as we do with all other clients.

Each client has it's own set of opcodes and packet data formats that may or may not be compatible with other client builds.

This is why we have ClientVersion::{Unknown, Client62, Titanium, SoF, SoD, UF, RoF, RoF2}

Tegila
04-03-2018, 08:09 PM
I get all that, I'm just trying to figure why leaving it at 16383 (with client expac=false) disallowed us from using xtarget, and increasing it allowed us to, if 16383 truly means ALL expacs allowed.

Grumpy, you said yours is false so it should follow same rules as mine, but they're reacting differently to the numbers. If yours was true, itd make perfect sense.

Still don't know why we had them to start with, then lost them without changing any of the above settings in any table, but it's fixed now. Also, we could travel to UF before increasing past 16383, but xtarget was unusable and said UF missing. It all makes sense in theory that 16383=all bc it allows entry to zones, but in practice it thinks at 16383 one does not have UF to enable xtarget.

GRUMPY
04-03-2018, 09:25 PM
This is interesting. I had xtarget window, but as usual, I close it when I first get going, because I
don't use the window. (I'm still out looking for a corpse I lost in 2004)
I just tried bringing it up, but no, it's telling I need to purchase UF exp, haha BUT, I haven't changed
any exp setting since I installed the server. Haven't touched rules table at all, so in theory, if the
16383 setting would not allow xtarget, I wouldn't of had it in the first place to close it off.
I did some reading, some people wrote about issues with their RoF client UI (on live) and losing their
xtarget window after a patch, etc. I'll do some testing tomorrow.

Tegila
04-03-2018, 09:49 PM
yeah I thought it was weird, we were all fine (4 accts 4 pc's) until last night everyoen started losing it.

it might fix by making clientexpacsettings true, but to leave that false, it worked just fine for me increasing the rule as mentioned above. when i did it too far i couldnt get past charsel, backed it up to the 1048xxx notch, and both got in game and got xtarget back. idk what's going on but none of us are doing patches or we couldnt get in the game. And in my house, I'm the only one that's ever played on live so it wouldnt change the other clients' files if i did.