PDA

View Full Version : Account Recovery: Loginaccount Password Reset

Raksin
04-06-2017, 06:54 PM
I'm coming back to p1999 after a break and have been trying to recover my loginaccount password but the recovery tool on both websites (p1999 and eqemu) are failing to load the webpage when I click "Continue"

I have tried this on multiple computers and multiple web browsers. Is this a known problem? Can I recover the account any other way?

Lochemage
04-07-2017, 07:57 AM
I am also having this same problem. I have set up SMS, but when I click password reset I get a 500 error and no text.

It would be nice to log into my old account from several years ago. Can anything be done?

Karnaji
04-07-2017, 10:17 AM
Unfortunately you're probably screwed. I forgot the password to my account from 2010, which is on this forum ID, and the EQEMU staff has "no access" to the database.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41260

Lochemage
04-07-2017, 04:50 PM
It's not about access to the database, it's simply about getting the website password reset operation to actually work...

Karnaji
04-07-2017, 05:21 PM
It's not about access to the database, it's simply about getting the website password reset operation to actually work...

I'm assuming nobody has time to fix, or nobody wants to customize the vbulletin forum board to make it suitable for players.. For free.

Raksin
04-08-2017, 09:04 AM
I understand this is all free and that we should be content with the quality one would expect from a free product, but it seems to me like ensuring that the features you offer actually work is a pretty basic courtesy. If no one is willing to fix it (which, again, is fine) then I would rather the feature not be offered in the first place.

Karnaji
04-08-2017, 01:18 PM
I understand this is all free and that we should be content with the quality one would expect from a free product, but it seems to me like ensuring that the features you offer actually work is a pretty basic courtesy. If no one is willing to fix it (which, again, is fine) then I would rather the feature not be offered in the first place.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just telling you what you're going to be told in advance.

Scorpious2k
04-08-2017, 01:40 PM

There are two reasons why something remains broken once it is a "known problem." Laziness and incompetence. Take your pick.

Karnaji
04-09-2017, 03:13 PM
I think they just fixed the SMS recovery. I made a petition and Rogean said he cleared the blacklist, and I think they may have fixed the code as well?

I'm so happy they took this seriously.