PDA

View Full Version : Anyone elses bots do this? hopping/bouncing

Toony
07-22-2017, 05:59 PM
Really love bots (just installed them) but the hoppings about to give me a seizure :)

video of behaviour https://youtu.be/oGRvkeLvgL0

Any fix or work around for this?

Akkadius
07-22-2017, 08:53 PM
Are you on the latest build ?

Toony
07-22-2017, 09:32 PM
I am, installed fresh (with your installer) on 7/18 and even ran eqemu_server.pl today to make sure I had all the latest files.

Akkadius
07-22-2017, 11:16 PM
Yeah the installer doesn't always have the latest windows binaries though

Can you compile your own binaries or do you need me to post an update

bakajikara
07-23-2017, 12:42 AM
It be nice if you post a update of binaries for the installer i tried updating some someone compiled me they give a error as no zoneservers found.

Toony
07-23-2017, 07:32 AM
Yeah the installer doesn't always have the latest windows binaries though

Can you compile your own binaries or do you need me to post an update

If you could post an update that'd be great, I tried to compile once, it was ugly.

But, if it helps, the version# I saw for the last update was "9017", not sure if that's relevant or not.

The_Beast
07-23-2017, 02:44 PM
I did a fresh source pull today and compiled. Spawned 3 bots and no hopping going on :)

The_Beast
07-23-2017, 03:58 PM
I noticed the bot names are not showing (above their head) now. They show on target and in the group window though.

Toony
08-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Still looking for a fix for the hopping, anyone else having this issue?

Here's another video that might show whats going on a little clearer https://youtu.be/vF2TJdE-7J8

Jhop16
12-12-2017, 10:28 AM
I have the same issue, bots hop like crazy only in combat tho

serenity2017
12-30-2017, 11:51 AM
I have the same issue as well. And also only seems to happen when bots are in combat. Anyone know if the binaries been updated for windows to fix this issue yet?

Akkadius
12-30-2017, 03:06 PM
Z correction most likely needs to be applied to bots

I haven't ever looked at it and don't have time right now but I could within the next week or so

Splose
12-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Z correction most likely needs to be applied to bots

I haven't ever looked at it and don't have time right now but I could within the next week or so

Not sure if this is related but I have a lot of mobs jumping when they start their path using the RandomRoam plugin.

Using the most recent binaries from the installer. Will compile newest and see if it fixes it tonight.

Akkadius
12-30-2017, 04:25 PM
Not sure if this is related but I have a lot of mobs jumping when they start their path using the RandomRoam plugin.

Using the most recent binaries from the installer. Will compile newest and see if it fixes it tonight.

We fixed that in a later build - it is also related to z correction

Either download latest windows binaries on the left or use this link:

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/KimLS/server/artifacts/build_x86.zip

Try that and go from there

All of the Z correction stuff we had to fundamentally change a lot of code which improved above ground/below ground issues dramatically, however we needed to fix various places where it isn't accounted for

Uleat
12-30-2017, 07:17 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c1/c1bf4496bc0a508b9d131c7e37e1b60eec0555f4298f706b3d bf54b824e21f97.jpg
What can you do...

serenity2017
12-31-2017, 12:20 AM
I tried the pre-compiled download. It didn't seem to have bots enabled. But I did go to Blightfire where I also noted all the mobs bouncing previously. This version fixed the Z axis issue with these mobs, as they appeared to be walking normal without bouncing. Mercenaries also had this odd bouncing issue and I checked to see if they appeared normal and this fixed them bouncing as well. So I am positive it corrects bots too.

I looked over how to compile my own binaries on the left, but seemed a bit much for me to comprehend. Would love to get an already compiled version with bots enabled.

Akkadius
12-31-2017, 01:05 AM
I tried the pre-compiled download. It didn't seem to have bots enabled. But I did go to Blightfire where I also noted all the mobs bouncing previously. This version fixed the Z axis issue with these mobs, as they appeared to be walking normal without bouncing. Mercenaries also had this odd bouncing issue and I checked to see if they appeared normal and this fixed them bouncing as well. So I am positive it corrects bots too.

I looked over how to compile my own binaries on the left, but seemed a bit much for me to comprehend. Would love to get an already compiled version with bots enabled.

Serenity - that was meant to fix Splose's issue - not the bots issue

Bots issue still needs to be fixed in source

Uleat
02-07-2018, 11:42 PM
[follow-up]

I believe all of these issues have been addressed as described in situ.

Please post any 'similar' issues as new threads.