PDA

View Full Version : Retrieving old account info (sad story)

esdftom
01-03-2018, 03:10 PM
So the unimaginable happened the other week, I got hacked by a close RL friend and all my gear and money was stripped from my lvl 60 bard, 60 druid, and 39 ench on the p99 blue server. I confronted my friend immediately after speaking with a gm, and he seemed quite content with burning the bridge between our friendship. He has always had a reputation for being a pathological liar and petty thief, but I never thought he would betray be like this since we've known each other since grade school (in our 30's now), and we've had a great relationship up until a year ago when work and other RL things kinda pushed us apart.

Anyways, I first created my account a long long time ago when the p99 server just launched, and always assumed I had the right username/pw associated with my login account, however, this was not the case. A few years ago I tried to change my login pw but was unable because apparently, I did not have the correct login details associated with my original eqemu account, but instead only the matching p99 forums and eqemu account (both with no login service account).

During the beginning of 2016 I began trying to resolve this issue just in case I would have to change my pw someday and simply because I wanted complete access to the account. Up until two weeks ago I finally got a response to my petition and a p99 GM was going to start looking into my issue in hopes of resolving it. I was thrilled, but unfortunately, it was too late. My friend struck a few days after Christmas. He stripped all my characters of everything they owned, well over 200k of stuff I've accumulated over the years.

All my items disappearing was not that big of a deal to me, I knew I could petition a gm and have it returned eventually-- but the thing that really sucks the most is that he somehow knew my login/pw to my only and favorite characters; that I've spent so much time getting them to where they are today, and I can not for the life of me access and change the account pw.

So, is there anything that can be done to help me retrieve access to my old account, perhaps a pw reset or find an associated email? I've exhausted all my attempts to find the matching login details and am currently stuck in a bind. Anything that could help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

60 druid (Heyhey)
60 bard (Hendrix)
39 ench (Ponderosa)