PDA

View Full Version : Moving server from windows to linux

logikgear
04-26-2018, 10:18 AM
My buddy and I are trying to copy the database from our active windows server to a test Linux server. With the Linux server fresh and nothing done to it we can connect no problem. But when we dump the database from the Linux server and import the SQL file that was exported from the windows server it acts like there is a firewall problem. We can see it but when we try and connect it kicks us back to the log in screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

Tegila
04-26-2018, 06:45 PM
Make sure the login ip didnt get changed in the transfer from what it was when it worked. Thats exactly what mine was doing before i removed the last few digits.

logikgear
04-26-2018, 09:19 PM
What login ip are you referring too? is this something i need to change in the database? do the servers have to have the same name?

GRUMPY
04-26-2018, 10:20 PM
import the SQL file that was exported from the windows server

Linux is case sensitive, but
This should not be an issue, but "just in case", after you have the database from windows
sourced into the linux server, take a good look at the table names to make sure the "case"
lettering did not get changed. For example: tblloginserveraccounts.

Log files are your best friend :)

Mistmaker
04-27-2018, 02:25 AM
During multiple moves of Midgard one of the moves I tried doing was Windows DB to Linux and I had the same issues your having even though the login json file had the same info. This was to a server that was freash installed and working fine before doing the dbdump into it. No errors on dump and looked fine. I never checked what Grumpy mentions but that would make sense to check I just didnt feel like spending any time troubleshooting it.

Just wanted to confirm that it does not work and others have also experienced the problem. I ended up just staying on Windows.

logikgear
04-27-2018, 09:28 AM
Where do I find the login.json file? I see a login.ini. the only json file I see is the eqemu_congif.json file. And I did check that after importing the database the config file didn't get changed.

Uleat
04-27-2018, 11:20 AM
I don't believe that the login server is setup to use json or xml files.

Your login.ini should still be current.

Night_Rider0
04-28-2018, 12:17 AM
So why would the Linux install have more tables in the database then the Windows install the database we imported from windows has 215 while the original one that was installed has 234, in case anyone is wondering im the other person trying to set this up, thanks for any help you can provide

GRUMPY
04-28-2018, 12:53 AM
When dumping the database from windows, try this from a CMD prompt :
(remember the folder you are in with prompt)
mysqldump --routines -u root -ppassword peqdbname > peqdbbackup.sql

(Replace all the characters in yellow with your own needs)

Then source that .sql into the linux peqdbname (database)

Night_Rider0
04-28-2018, 01:33 AM

Thank you sir!

logikgear
04-28-2018, 01:33 AM
GRUMPY You Sir Are A GOD!!
that export trick works perfectly!
Thank you SO much.

logikgear
04-28-2018, 01:40 AM
For anyone looking to migrate your database this did the trick for us.