PDA

View Full Version : client wont connect to UCS

Blyster
05-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Freshly installed server from Akkas server installer. Seem to have everything working properly except clients will not connect to the universal chat service and . At this time i am only testing local clients. I don't see any information in the UCS logs as if nothing is attempting to connect. Any advice would be appreciated.

The message I am getting in the client is: "Please wait while we reconnect you to the Universal Chat Service. Your request has not been sent."

Thanks
Blyster

Blyster
05-23-2018, 06:32 PM
Tried to restart from scratch, but running into the same issue.

Server is on its own machine. I am using the public login server and doing my client testing from a separate machine using rof2 client from behind my router on the same subnet.

I initially tried leaving the eqemu_config with

"chatserver": {
"host": ""
"port": "7500",
}

and also tried the IP of the machine running the server

"chatserver": {
"host": "192.168.1.100"
"port": "7500",
}

but neither works. Am i completely missing something? Thanks in advance for any guidance you could provide.

Blyster
05-23-2018, 06:54 PM
I was able to fix this by putting the 192.168.1.100 address in for mailserver as well in the eqemu_config file.

GRUMPY
05-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Just adding a little note here, based on my own preferences. I usually use 7778 for the chat
and mailserver, just because I am using 7100-7500 for zone launchers. Seems to keep things
working smoothly. It's a preference though.

"zones" : {
"defaultstatus" : "0",
"ports" : {
"high" : "7500",
"low" : "7100"