PDA

View Full Version : returning player, cant connect! help!

humboldtlude
11-25-2018, 05:26 PM
hey there guys. returning after an extended absence and when i try to log in with my previously functional install, i get an error screen when i login basically stating that i dont have internet. tried multiple reinstalls, installed on alternate computer, downloaded alternate ISO install, tried current p99 files, tried old p99 files, added port forwarding and exceptions to firewall, added port fwding on router, reset all network hardware and STILL nothing. i need help. i want to play with my buddies again and its frustrating to even be able to log in.

humboldtlude
11-25-2018, 05:47 PM
update:
tried an alternate client version (SoF) and im having identical issues. CANNOT reach server select at all with either SoF or titanium.

phantomghost
11-26-2018, 09:45 AM
On p99?

I have not played there in awhile but are you using the .bat file to start the p99 client?

Only other thing would be to check your eqhost file.

I have randomly had clients in the past that worked and then stopped working... Same thing it would show no internet connection. I never did find a fix other than just get a new client. (I just copy/pasted one of my clients that worked).

You won't be able to use a client that is not compatible with the server.

humboldtlude
11-26-2018, 03:53 PM
i am aware of the version restrictions for P99, but i also play on PEQ and others and SoF works for those servers. that said, using either the SoF client OR Titanium i still cant reach server select. and yes i was using the launchtatanium.bat for p99. thanks for taking the time to reply.