PDA

View Full Version : Reloading spawngroup data?

t0neg0d
05-07-2019, 09:24 PM
#reloadstatic seems to be a catch-all for most static data except spawngroup information that has changed. (Added NPCs, updates to spawn chance). Is there another command for this?

Huppy
05-07-2019, 10:31 PM
Wiki page lists most of what's available:
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Server-Data-Loading

t0neg0d
05-07-2019, 10:52 PM
Wiki page lists most of what's available:
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Server-Data-Loading

Hoping that spawngroup data is part of what isn't in "most of what's available" :-D

Huppy
05-07-2019, 11:55 PM
#reloadstatic seems to be a catch-all for most static data except spawngroup information that has changed. (Added NPCs, updates to spawn chance). Is there another command for this?

Most of the creation and/or manipulation I do with NPC's, it's all in-game commands. (with a little editing using George's Tools). As far as items, faction, spells, etc, I just run shared memory for changes to take effect. (note, sometimes, custom merchant lists won't show up until zone is reloaded, just a little rare glitch I run into). If one types #help (with their GM toon), a list of 288 commands show up. Of course, you can always get info on one specific command by typing #help (command). For example, #help repop, #help reloadworld, etc. I use #npcedit, #repop, #reloadworld and #reloadquest a lot more than anything for my own needs.

t0neg0d
05-09-2019, 01:32 PM
Most of the creation and/or manipulation I do with NPC's, it's all in-game commands. (with a little editing using George's Tools). As far as items, faction, spells, etc, I just run shared memory for changes to take effect. (note, sometimes, custom merchant lists won't show up until zone is reloaded, just a little rare glitch I run into). If one types #help (with their GM toon), a list of 288 commands show up. Of course, you can always get info on one specific command by typing #help (command). For example, #help repop, #help reloadworld, etc. I use #npcedit, #repop, #reloadworld and #reloadquest a lot more than anything for my own needs.

Thanks Huppy...

Looks like there is no way to reload spawngroup data without restarting the zone.

Hopefully this is added to #reloadstatic at some point.